The Smiths debut album on red and yellow vinyl

everydayslikesunday

Hi

Whilst at a recent record fair, I spotted 2 copies of The Smiths debut album, one in red vinyl, the other in yellow vinyl. Both sleeves and the record labels were from the standard UK release and made no reference to the colour of the vinyl. Both were priced at £12.

Being very cynical, I walked away. Passionsjustlikemine makes no reference to them existing and I never seen them advertised anywhere else.

Does anyone have any idea what they actually are?

Yes these appeared fairly recently and I assumed they were bootleg copies. Certainly nothing official that I've heard about. Seem to be from the same source as some of the recent Live Smiths LPs.

Yes these appeared fairly recently and I assumed they were bootleg copies. Certainly nothing official that I've heard about. Seem to be from the same source as some of the recent Live Smiths LPs.

Yes, it's a bootleg. They have it for sale at SisterRay (ex-Selecta) in Berwick St. along with the live ones (Handsome Devil, Boy Afraid, etc)

I've bought them both, they are boots but good quality, the cover looks the biz but the inside sleeve is just an ordinary white paper sleeve affair.
Sadly a must have again to the obsessive collector, get 'em whilst they are still cheap eh?

love

Grim

Back
Top Bottom