The Smiths / Morrissey on the radio thread

I heard This Charming Man at a department's store cosmetic counter. Went up to them and said great song but all I got was a bunch of blank stares. I do hear the Smiths/Morrissey on XM radio alot or course.

Just heard AYNIM on XFM

I just heard 'All You Need Is Me' on the radio - YAY!

Played at about 2:50pm on XFM.
Sandwiched between 'All Along The Watchtower' Jimi Hendrix and 'Ruby' by the Kaiser Chiefs. Sounded absolutely mighty...

Re: Just heard AYNIM on XFM

I just heard 'All You Need Is Me' on the radio - YAY!

Played at about 2:50pm on XFM.
Sandwiched between 'All Along The Watchtower' Jimi Hendrix and 'Ruby' by the Kaiser Chiefs. Sounded absolutely mighty...

good stuff. glad it's getting a bit of daytime airplay. I've sat through a lot of XfM in vain hoping to hear it (heard it just the once)

I've noticed that Xfm have an obsession with the Charlatans. to the rest of the human race, they were a pale, mediocre imitation of the Stone Roses who went on to fluke a couple of successful singles in the midst of Britpop. but to Xfm, they are (somewhat unfathomably) musical Gods!

Sandwiched between 'All Along The Watchtower' Jimi Hendrix and 'Ruby' by the Kaiser Chiefs.

Nice song trifecta :)

good stuff. glad it's getting a bit of daytime airplay. I've sat through a lot of XfM in vain hoping to hear it (heard it just the once)

I've noticed that Xfm have an obsession with the Charlatans. to the rest of the human race, they were a pale, mediocre imitation of the Stone Roses who went on to fluke a couple of successful singles in the midst of Britpop. but to Xfm, they are (somewhat unfathomably) musical Gods!

Everyone loves taking a piss out of the Charlies, but 20 years since their formation and they are still going strong..Can't be said for pretty much any other band of their day.

Yay! Good old XFM. I suggest we all start listening to the station in support. (I already do)

Representing Moz in Uruguay...that's cool.

What's life as a Morrissey fan like in your country?

Ok, because this is Uruguay, and it's terribly rare: I went downtown yesterday and on the bus I heard Panic, and on the way back not only You have killed me but also Dashboard (Johnny!) :guitar:

I'm just in heaven today... I've always told you that here in Chile Morrissey and The Smiths are played in several radios on a daily basis... The thing is that it seems today I caught all the playlists from all those radios because... they've played Morrissey and The Smiths 3 times in 2 hours!!!! First Panic, then I switched the dial and in one station they played IBEH first and one hour later TIALTNGO... Bliss!! Heaven!!! The good thing is I know every day is like that :)

Yesterday evening on XFM I heard Mark Ronson's appalling cover of "Stop Me..." but someone texted in to complain about it and the DJ played "Panic" right afterwards to make amends! :)

And "Every Day is Like Sunday" was on Radio 2 this afternoon - we all sang along in the office! :)

Last night in Fashion TV (FTV) news (for Latin america), they ended the show with the video of "That´s how people grow up" ...as I heard something about Moz in the spot before the show started I had to watched the whooole program, and that was all, just the video, no other comments. But it was lovely of course. Sadly the captions said "MorriSey" lol,

Here in Argentina there is a radio station called Aspen, they usually play 3/4 Smiths/Moz songs a day, lately they have added "All you need is me" to the typical ones "THe boy with the thorn in his side", "Girlfiriend in a coma" , "There is a light" "First of the gang.." :) is always nice being caught by surprise for these songs of course.

Today about 6pm (about 9/10pm UK) " Well I wonder " on the BBC6, I was still at work and it was a pleasure to listen to it

Back
Top Bottom