the smiths/morrissey t-shirts

gaz217

i have had a look around my town centre for any smiths or morrissey t-shirts but could see none at all. does anybody know any online shops that sell them? i don't want to buy from e-bay but i want somewhere reliable. please help me!

i have had a look around my town centre for any smiths or morrissey t-shirts but could see none at all. does anybody know any online shops that sell them? i don't want to buy from e-bay but i want somewhere reliable. please help me!

Why not ebay? i buy loads of stuff from ebay :confused:

HMV usually have the Queen Is Dead and occasionally Meat Is Murder, but they are not brilliant looking...

I have got mine from: BlueCat store
HMV
Merchandise Stalls at the gigs
Vinyl Revival in Manchester City Centre (here I got 4 gd quality shirts for 30 quid)

I'm wearing 'that Hang the DJ' one as I type

Do you think you can trust that Bluecatstore to send things to Belgium?

Me too.

I got all my t-shirts from the dodgy dealers who show up after gigs :)

Ditto, I got a nice Meat Is Murder one from outside the MEN Arena for £5 and wore it to the Leeds Festival the same year. Just before Morrissey came on, someone offered me £20 and his shirt for it! But I declined for some reason...

Ditto, I got a nice Meat Is Murder one from outside the MEN Arena for £5 and wore it to the Leeds Festival the same year. Just before Morrissey came on, someone offered me £20 and his shirt for it! But I declined for some reason...

Nice to see someone from t'right side of the pennines round here ;)

Yes, I have a nice Meat Is Murder one, too, that I got outside Sheffield City Hall. I like to think everyone queuing behind me in Costcutters to pay for their flesh to fancifully fry will read the back of my t-shirt and have an epithany :rolleyes: ;)

EDIT: but you were crazy not to swap it for a piece of the shirt!

The Smiths shirts have always annoyed me it seems all they do is big prints of the album covers which i dont really like.

The Smiths shirts have always annoyed me it seems all they do is big prints of the album covers which i dont really like.

Those were the original "designs" by The Smiths, though. All the offiical Smithdom merchandise were nothing more than the album covers screened onto white shirts. So they may be plain, but they're close to the original shirts, many of which Morrissey wore in concert or at photoshoots. I'm rather partial to them. They showcase Morrissey's exquisite selection of cover stars.

My complaint is that so few of these newer replica t-shirts are screened properly. So many I've seen have designs that look cheap and tatty, as if ironed on by a sweaty housefrau three hours before arriving at the shops. The old Smithdom t-shirts were quality items that lasted-- well, longer than the band itself.

Do you think you can trust that Bluecatstore to send things to Belgium?

All the t-shirts i've bought off the bluecatstore have come from Canada and i've never had any problems so I dont think Belgium would be a problem either. The website says they deliver to the UK and European Union.

Nice to see someone from t'right side of the pennines round here ;)

Indeed, we seem to be quite a rarity in these parts

Yes, I have a nice Meat Is Murder one, too, that I got outside Sheffield City Hall. I like to think everyone queuing behind me in Costcutters to pay for their flesh to fancifully fry will read the back of my t-shirt and have an epithany :rolleyes: ;)

EDIT: but you were crazy not to swap it for a piece of the shirt!

I meant he wanted to swap it for his own shirt plus the £20, not a piece of Morrisseys shirt - I wouldve paid him for Morrisseys shirt! I think it was a Kylie one he was wearing, well I couldnt have gone semi naked, or maybe I...no forget that!

Back
Top Bottom