The Smiths reach top 500 of all time on Spotify

The Smiths’ popularity keeps growing and growing. For the first time they have reached 15 million monthly listeners on Spotify ánd made their top 500 artists which deserves a special mention on Spotify’s platform.

IMG_6183.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
You’re wrong about SEB. There is a recent revival of Murder on the Dancefloor due to Saltburn but she’s been gaining popularity since Kitchen Disco during lockdown and does various podcasts, writes book etc. She’s popular whether you have heard her or not!

I don't think I'm that wrong ;-)

1707132267835.png

The Beauty and The Art of The Smiths will never cease. It was too important to be forgotten. Like several people here, I've always understood that to be true.

I envy new listeners. :D There's real magic in the discovery.

That certainly is a horrific list, but sadly not surprising. The Weeknds Save Your Tears is a great pop song and i enjoyed the album it came from, but thats why i liked some of the tracks on there because they sounded like they could have been recorded decades ago. But i was watching clips of the grammys today and the fuss around Taylor Swift i find pretty mad. She is undoubtedly the biggest star on the planet now but i could not hum one of her tunes. I know im an old git but these people really have nothing to say but people go crazy over them.

That certainly is a horrific list, but sadly not surprising. The Weeknds Save Your Tears is a great pop song and i enjoyed the album it came from, but thats why i liked some of the tracks on there because they sounded like they could have been recorded decades ago. But i was watching clips of the grammys today and the fuss around Taylor Swift i find pretty mad. She is undoubtedly the biggest star on the planet now but i could not hum one of her tunes. I know im an old git but these people really have nothing to say but people go crazy over them.

Me and my wife said the same this morning when we saw it on TV, neither of us know a single song of hers. Maybe it's an age thing I vaguely remember my mum hearing Blue Monday on Top of The Pops and saying what the hell is this crap.

Me and my wife said the same this morning when we saw it on TV, neither of us know a single song of hers. Maybe it's an age thing I vaguely remember my mum hearing Blue Monday on Top of The Pops and saying what the hell is this crap.
All these pop stars sound the same now-a-days, so maybe you've heard it and didn't realize. Autotune autotune and more autotune. That's pop voices now-a-days, it seems.. over-altered and over-worked.

My God, how old are you and the good lady!? I'm nearly 90 and I am a massive Swiftie. BTW, your mum was right about Blue Monday...

Yes, all modern day popstars are horrible.

Luckily we have a grumpy, right-wing, acting drunkenly like a tit on an airplane, bitter, creatively deteriorating conspiracy nutjob we can adore while he cancels on us on a whim.

Yes, we are the winners here. No doubt about it.

🤣 In defence of your mum Surface, that Top of The Pops appearance of Blue Monday was pretty bad, New Order wanted to do it live on the show and it sounded awful.
I miss me Dad slagging everything off on TOTP, especially you know who 😉

🤣 In defence of your mum Surface, that Top of The Pops appearance of Blue Monday was pretty bad, New Order wanted to do it live on the show and it sounded awful.
I miss me Dad slagging everything off on TOTP, especially you know who 😉

That's true it was pretty shocking.

whenever im out and about and someone mentions adele i say to people name me three adele songs and guess what,very few people can.ps im not accepting the bond theme because most people know the name of the current bond film at the time.

whenever im out and about and someone mentions adele i say to people name me three adele songs and guess what,very few people can.ps im not accepting the bond theme because most people know the name of the current bond film at the time.
Yup, Skyfall and Someone like Yoooooooo....., and erm.....

I get a bit wistful... there are some real gems in his solo work, getting neglected, like all the paintings in the same room as the Mona Lisa.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom