The songs least likely to...

A

Aaron

As we all know, Morrissey plays a few songs at the beginning of a tour, and then drops them forever. Based upon what I heard, here are the songs that I think are the strongest contenders to go the way of "The Edges Are No Longer Parallel":

My Life Is A Succession Of People Saying Goodbye - Honestly, I'm suprised that this made it out of Tulsa. This got the weakest reaction from the crowd, and more people knew the words to the unreleased songs. Assuming that he plays a shorter set at SXSW, I'm thinking that this has been played for the last time.

I Will See You In Far-off Places - I like this song, but Morrissey did not seem pleased with the intro. If the band doesn't tighten up a bit, it could get dropped very soon.

Girlfriend In A Coma - I love it, you love it, the crowd loved it... I hope it stays. However, having heard it live, it is a little bit like "A Rush And A Push..." You know it's good, but you also know it could be better. My prediction on this one is that it will be replaced before the first Manchester show.

Any thoughts from others that went to the OK shows?

Interesting post... while I was not at these shows (sadly) I was pretty surprised at "My Life is an Endless..." making the set. While its not without its charm, its not a song that really screams "concert-worthy."

I was also a little surprised to see "I Have Forgiven Jesus" making a return appearance. For me, that one hasn't aged particuarly well over the past two years.

> As we all know, Morrissey plays a few songs at the beginning of a tour,
> and then drops them forever. Based upon what I heard, here are the songs
> that I think are the strongest contenders to go the way of "The Edges
> Are No Longer Parallel":

> My Life Is A Succession Of People Saying Goodbye - Honestly, I'm suprised
> that this made it out of Tulsa. This got the weakest reaction from the
> crowd, and more people knew the words to the unreleased songs. Assuming
> that he plays a shorter set at SXSW, I'm thinking that this has been
> played for the last time.

> I Will See You In Far-off Places - I like this song, but Morrissey did not
> seem pleased with the intro. If the band doesn't tighten up a bit, it
> could get dropped very soon.

> Girlfriend In A Coma - I love it, you love it, the crowd loved it... I
> hope it stays. However, having heard it live, it is a little bit like
> "A Rush And A Push..." You know it's good, but you also know it
> could be better. My prediction on this one is that it will be replaced
> before the first Manchester show.

> Any thoughts from others that went to the OK shows?

Back
Top Bottom