The Very Best of Morrissey

This is what Morrissey is releasing in 2011?

Oooookay.......

First, let's not be exhausting with the lame "Paint a Vulgar Picture" quotes... and let's not whine about money... If it has to happen, here's what SHOULD be on it:

Get someone proper to remaster it, like Bob Ludwig who did the Beatles catalogue 2 years ago, John Lennon catalogue last year and the QUEEN Greatest Hits 1&2 in 2011. All sound FANTASTIC vs. just being a little louder...

CD 1:

1. Suedehead (proper, without chopped beginning like on Bona Drag)
2. Everyday Is Like Sunday
3. Sister, I'm A Poet
4. Late Night, Maudln Street (fan favourite for years)
5. I Don't Mind If You Forget Me
6. Hairdresser On Fire
7. Striptease With A Difference
8. The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
9. Interesting Drug
10. Ouija Board, Ouija Board (original version, not Bona Drag edit)
11. Piccadilly Palare (original version)
12. Our Frank
13. Sing Your Life
14. There Is A Place In Hell... (fast version from KROQ sessions)
15. King Leer
16. Mute Witness
17. I've Changed My Plea To Guilty
18. Pregnant For The Last Time
19. Cosmic Dancer (Live T-Rex cover)
20. My Love Life (from KROQ)

CD 2:

1. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
2. You're The One For Me, Fatty
3. Certain People I Know
4. Glamorous Glue
5. Tomorrow
6. Seasick, Yet Still Docked
7. Jack The Ripper (studio, NOT live)
8. The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get
9. Hold Onto Your Friends
10. Now My Heart Is Full
11. Billy Budd
12. Interlude (with Siouxsie)
13. Boxers
14. Dagenham Dave
15. Boy Racer
16. You Should Have Been Nice To Me
17. Sunny
18. Alma Matters
19. Roy's Keen
20. Satan Rejected My Soul
21. Lost

Anything POST this era, We have "GREATEST HITS (Remastered)" and we have SWORDS

I really want a YOUR ARSENAL Remastered... but if we cannot get it, remaster the above eras. And yes I realize we'd be doubling up on Suedehead, Everyday Is Like Sunday, and The More You Ignore me... I know they're on Greatest Hits... But keep it to this era above

First, let's not be exhausting with the lame "Paint a Vulgar Picture" quotes. and let's not whine about money. If it has to happen, here's what SHOULD be on it:

Get someone proper to remaster it, like Bob Ludwig who did the Beatles catalogue 2 years ago, John Lennon catalogue last year and the QUEEN Greatest Hits 1&2 in 2011. All sound FANTASTIC vs. just being a little louder.

CD 1:

3. Sister, I'm A Poet
6. Hairdresser On Fire
9. Interesting Drug
12. Our Frank
13. Sing Your Life
15. King Leer
16. Mute Witness

CD 2:

3. Certain People I Know
4. Glamorous Glue
5. Tomorrow
10. Now My Heart Is Full
11. Billy Budd
12. Interlude
(with Siouxsie)
13. Boxers
14. Dagenham Dave
15. Boy Racer

17. Sunny
18. Alma Matters
19. Roy's Keen
21. Lost

I really want a YOUR ARSENAL Remastered, but if we cannot get it, remaster the above eras. And yes I realize we'd be doubling up on Suedehead, Everyday Is Like Sunday, and The More You Ignore me. I know they're on Greatest Hits. But keep it to this era above

EMI does not own post-Boxers EP material.
The Very Best compilation is the songs which have been released by EMI / HMV / Parlophone.

Last edited:
thats actually better... I really don't need songs originally released in 2007 to be digitized the way we need it for songs when mastering sucked... Like 1988, 1989, 1990...

First, let's not be exhausting with the lame "Paint a Vulgar Picture" quotes... and let's not whine about money... If it has to happen, here's what SHOULD be on it:

Get someone proper to remaster it, like Bob Ludwig who did the Beatles catalogue 2 years ago, John Lennon catalogue last year and the QUEEN Greatest Hits 1&2 in 2011. All sound FANTASTIC vs. just being a little louder...

CD 1:

3. Sister, I'm A Poet
6. Hairdresser On Fire
9. Interesting Drug
12. Our Frank
13. Sing Your Life
15. King Leer
16. Mute Witness

CD 2:

3. Certain People I Know
4. Glamorous Glue
5. Tomorrow
10. Now My Heart Is Full
11. Billy Budd
13. Boxers
14. Dagenham Dave
15. Boy Racer
17. Sunny
18. Alma Matters
19. Roy's Keen
21. Lost

I really want a YOUR ARSENAL Remastered... but if we cannot get it, remaster the above eras. And yes I realize we'd be doubling up on Suedehead, Everyday Is Like Sunday, and The More You Ignore me... I know they're on Greatest Hits... But keep it to this era above

I wonder why number 8, TMYIMTCIG rockin version, never leaked with the Vauxhall rarities?

thats actually better... I really don't need songs originally released in 2007 to be digitized the way we need it for songs when mastering sucked... Like 1988, 1989, 1990...

It didn't suck in 1988, 1989 or 1990 ... in fact, the mastering was way better back than it is now! All this so called remastered stuff sucks! Guess why people pay lots of money for the original Rough Trade cd pressings of The Smiths!

Oh, I should clarify.. The transferring from the original source to CD hadn't been perfected. Back then, there was the huge back-and-forth of why Vinyl sounds so much better. This was a quote from 1989 "The probably with CDs is they're basically a very convenient format with the sound quality of a dodgy cassette."

The process has improved tremendously. Where you are incorrect is listen to the Beatles remasters from 2009. There isn't a single person on the planet that prefers the 1990 releases. And if they say they do, they're deaf or they're jackasses.

The problem that you run into with remasters commonly is LAZINESS. Not remastering. It's not remixed...it's simply improved if you do it properly. The issue is: They usually don't... They throw it through an equalizer and make t louder and say here you go...

With the remastering guy who did the Beatles and did John Lennon and the 2011 version of Queen's Greatest 1 and 2... For those, he got the original source material and spent months in the studio turning down tape hiss (wasn't possible in 1990), improving sound. But let's be honest... EMI is dying and they're trying everything... God knows they won't pay someone good to remaster things... But in many cases, there is a GREAT sound improvement if they do it properly.

The first thing is, it's only money.... if you don't have enough, work more, make more..

As far as getting all the original Rough Trade releases...I have those too... Why do we go back and get those?? Because we Smiths fans are nerds. I mean, that is sort of what's great about it though, right??

I also have all the singles, 12" and albums on Rough Trade in near mint shape... Collected then, and a little here and there. I just found a mint copy of "Barbarism..." and 2 Mint copies of "Education In Reverse".. sort of cool to have...

Anyway... if you get the UK versions of the Rhino vinyl re-issued albums, they come with a download code of the albums remastered.... They sound better... and theyre not louder at all...

The Very Best compilation is the songs which have been released by EMI / HMV / Parlophone.

Werent they pretty much covered though with the 3 disc singles collection deal last year, or the year before(the 3 disc HMV/Parlaphone box)?

CD 1:

3. Sister, I'm A Poet
6. Hairdresser On Fire
9. Interesting Drug
12. Our Frank
13. Sing Your Life
15. King Leer
16. Mute Witness

CD 2:

3. Certain People I Know
4. Glamorous Glue
5. Tomorrow
10. Now My Heart Is Full
11. Billy Budd
13. Boxers
14. Dagenham Dave
15. Boy Racer
17. Sunny
18. Alma Matters
19. Roy's Keen
21. Lost

I liked your comments about this suppose set list but I'd like to listen Interlude without Siouxsie (which I own as bootleg). This way we'd have something really new or officially unreleased.

Kewpie did you bold the songs' titles? Cusae many ones were released before Boxers EP.

The interlude without Siouxsie was on the b-side of the single, so it has been officially released.

The transferring from the original source to CD hadn't been perfected.

Hey Dodgers, Oso Blanco brings up some good points. There's even an interesting thread about the whole "remastering" topic. http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/110413-Morrissey-and-the-Loudness-Wars

There's nothing better than listening to great music with great sound quality. The problem is the music industry continues to cater to people who are listening via the piss-poor quality of Apple earbuds. The mastering engineers feel the need to maximize and overcompress the life out of each individual instrument in that it suddenly seems "better" to the listener. The end result is, obviously, music which becomes fatiguing over a short time and lacks any real emotional or dynamic excitement.

Perhaps a good solution would be to sell portable media players without any headphones. This will allow the user to invest in a pair of decent-quality headphones or higher quality which is obviously more expensive. Either way, the choice would be an improvement over the stock phones and people may begin to realize music can actually sound better and more exciting than what they previously thought.

Last edited:
The first thing is, it's only money.... if you don't have enough, work more, make more..

Are you a....tory?

Back
Top Bottom