There Speaks A True Friend

Flax

Hello,

I have the single You're the one for me, fatty 12" and cd. On both, the song There Speaks A True Friend is cut at the end. Great song, annoying problem.

I also have the single Tomorrow, in cd... According to Passionsjustlikemine.com Tomorrow 12" [Sire/Reprise 9 40580-0] has the following tracklist: Tomorrow / Let The Right One Slip In / There Speaks A True Friend.

Is this accurate? If so, is this version of There Speaks any different than the one on You're the one for me fatty?

Thanks!

Well... Mr. "Not Right In The Head" is right.

I managed to get a copy of Tomorrow 12", purple vinyl. "There Speaks A True Friend" is exactly the same as on You're The One For Me Fatty.

Hello,

I have the single You're the one for me, fatty 12" and cd. On both, the song There Speaks A True Friend is cut at the end. Great song, annoying problem.

I also have the single Tomorrow, in cd... According to Passionsjustlikemine.com Tomorrow 12" [Sire/Reprise 9 40580-0] has the following tracklist: Tomorrow / Let The Right One Slip In / There Speaks A True Friend.

Is this accurate? If so, is this version of There Speaks any different than the one on You're the one for me fatty?

Thanks!

is that with the abrupt end and a voice say 'can we do that again, Steven?'

or am I mistaken for another song [let the right one slip in?]

is that with the abrupt end and a voice say 'can we do that again, Steven?'

or am I mistaken for another song [let the right one slip in?]

You're thinking of I Started Something I Couldn't Finish. At the end, Morrissey asks the producer Stephen Street if the group should record the song again. I think he spoke too soon before Johnny etc. had finished playing but the group decided to leave it in anyway.

Next time, just trust me, and then send me the money that you otherwise would have (mis)spent. That's what everyone else does.

Next time I'll trust you. I'm a collector and didn't have that version of Tomorrow, so it was worth it. I would have bought that anyway.

Thanks, though! :)

You're thinking of I Started Something I Couldn't Finish. At the end, Morrissey asks the producer Stephen Street if the group should record the song again. I think he spoke too soon before Johnny etc. had finished playing but the group decided to leave it in anyway.

no I definately knows it's a song from his solo period

but not sure about the 'can we do that again' ... but sorta laughter, damn
I have to dig that stuff up [ go to mums]

no I definately knows it's a song from his solo period

but not sure about the 'can we do that again' ... but sorta laughter, damn
I have to dig that stuff up [ go to mums]

Oooh wait, maybe you're thinking of I Know Very Well How I Got My Note Wrong.

They were recording I Know Very Well How I Got My Name and, well, Vini Reilly played the wrong note and so he and Moz started laughing.

Back
Top Bottom