Tonight's Debate...

debate buddy!!!

i wish McCain could go 10 minutes w/out saying "my friends" or "i've reached across the aisle."

nope. :)

nugz, right on! I wasn't sure if anyone else noticed, the "my friends" thing. We could've had a great drinking game! :p

My friends....my friends....my friends....my friends........what the eff....does McCain have Tourettes?

debate buddy!!!

i wish McCain could go 10 minutes w/out saying "my friends" or "i've reached across the aisle."

nope. :)

I can't believe i havent heard "maverick" yet. I probably just jinxed myself

LOL, "maverick" (reminded me of Tina Fey's impersonation of Palin on SNL last week :D

i feel like my thread has been abandoned!
anyway. nuclear power all across the US is a terrible idea. so is "give everyone 5k for health care". BAD IDEA!

I can't believe i havent heard "maverick" yet. I probably just jinxed myself

No doubt that somewhere, "cronyism" counted for shots of something. Um, guys...I have just noticed that McCain is not wearing a flag pin! His stylist just lost her job. Wtf. Dumbass.

No doubt that somewhere, "cronyism" counted for shots of something. Um, guys...I have just noticed that McCain is not wearing a flag pin! His stylist just lost her job. Wtf. Dumbass.

McCain doesn't like to talk about his flare. :cool::p

Healthcare: privilege, right, or responsibility.

McCain said it was a responsibility.

Obama gave the correct answer. a RIGHT.

McCain doesn't like to talk about his flare. :cool::p

Healthcare: privilege, right, or responsibility.

McCain said it was a responsibility.

Obama gave the correct answer. a RIGHT.

take me off ignore and see my above response about healthcare and nuclear power!:D

hahaha, you're not on ignore. I saw it

but they answered that question after you posted!! :p

THats the worst part! He keeps talking about how great his Health care ideas are and they are rotten! But to tell you the truth making health care entirely government ran is a nightmare too. I think there needs to be a little more of the gov'ts involvement in health care for sure... but I KNOW that McCains idea is ridiculous.

I realize its hard for me to objective, but honestly, McCain is really being a jerk. I mean, he keeps being very snarky and sarcastic. he's tried to make 2 or 3 jokes so far to the audience that got complete silence. he keeps making comments and interrupting Obama. when its not McCains turn he stands, very antsy and nervous with his head down, taking notes. when its not Obama's turn, he SITS, very calm, pays close attention and watches McCain.

I don't want a president with an attitude problem.

Its not OK for Obama to say we might "invade" Pakistan to hunt for Bin Laden or to kill terrorists....because its not "speaking softly" but yet McCain tells everyone that Putin is "KGB" and we have to watch them and how they deal with Georgia and its neighbors.

Double standard?

The Russians are no more a threat than The Samoans.

I fell asleep 10 minutes before the debate started. Did i miss anything important?

I realize its hard for me to objective, but honestly, McCain is really being a jerk. I mean, he keeps being very snarky and sarcastic. he's tried to make 2 or 3 jokes so far to the audience that got complete silence. he keeps making comments and interrupting Obama. when its not McCains turn he stands, very antsy and nervous with his head down, taking notes. when its not Obama's turn, he SITS, very calm, pays close attention and watches McCain.

I don't want a president with an attitude problem.

I agree with you about McCain- especially that lame joke about hair restoration. What a moron. Obama was totally and completely in control. He listened to McCain, without any snide expressions, and carried himself with great pride. McCain was crossing his arms every time Obama got up to answer a question, and looked agitated. I also think McCain probably has a hair (pardon the pun) trigger temper.

McCain looked very fragile when walking around (at least during the half of the debate I managed to be awake for). I imagined him getting a heart attack. Actually at first I thought he had to take a shit or something. The man looked like he needed some fiber.

I know this is not going to win me any brownie points with some of you - expecially those that I consider actual friends. However I cannot believe what I am reading from some of you. Many of you take answers out of context for both sides and give one sided analysis.

There were MANY MANY MANY - let me emphasize MANY problems throughout the debate with BOTH candidates. If you honestly believe it was a slam dunk on any question for ANY candidate you are disillusioned and demonstrating your own inexperience with the material.

There were instances that Obama contradicted himself with policy or did not answer the question at all. There were instances where McCain deflected questions by returning to previous questions to stress points.

Seriously... Madison and the other Framers were correct over two hundred years ago in creating an electoral college as a safeguard against the common man's vote.

I know this is not going to win me any brownie points with some of you - expecially those that I consider actual friends. However I cannot believe what I am reading from some of you. Many of you take answers out of context for both sides and give one sided analysis.

There were MANY MANY MANY - let me emphasize MANY problems throughout the debate with BOTH candidates. If you honestly believe it was a slam dunk on any question for ANY candidate you are disillusioned and demonstrating your own inexperience with the material.

There were instances that Obama contradicted himself with policy or did not answer the question at all. There were instances where McCain deflected questions by returning to previous questions to stress points.

Seriously... Madison and the other Framers were correct over two hundred years ago in creating an electoral college as a safeguard against the common man's vote.

No sweat....I never met you but from your posts you seem like a cool guy....and you are right....they both were very bad last night. And that is sad that these are the 2 best Presidential candidates out there.

Perhaps we already factored in the fact they are politicians.

Tags
bush outlived lon
Back
Top Bottom