Ultimate Bundle WPINOYB Vinyl slower than the CD?

My UK bundle arrived today, so I'll be giving the vinyl a spin later and I'll report back with my findings. My turntable is a Project Essential by the way, just over a year old.

I've still got my technics sl-b2.It's a great old school deck with pitch control..I cant wait to hear this album on vinyl.

Speed issues tend to be more down to deck rather then vinyl pressing.

I've still got my technics sl-b2.It's a great old school deck with pitch control..I cant wait to hear this album on vinyl.

Speed issues tend to be more down to deck rather then vinyl pressing.

Ooh that's a sweet ride. I never bought the Technics tables. They were too heavy for my London residency and having to ship them back one day I went with 2 crappy soundlab belt drives. I didn't skimp on the Technics A600 Mk2 amp though. It's 17 years old and still going strong. The one with the fat knob on the front. Apologies for the language.

[URL=http://s1048.photobucket.com/user/cinemarr1/media/IMG_0611_zpsb74b8c50.jpg.html][/URL]

Last edited:
My UK bundle arrived today, so I'll be giving the vinyl a spin later and I'll report back with my findings. My turntable is a Project Essential by the way, just over a year old.

Get spinning already :)

Listened again today. Speed-wise it sounded fine!

Listened again today. Speed-wise it sounded fine!

Yes Fred, we've established I'm an idiot with a defunked turntable. No need to rub it in. At least we vinyl fetishists have a thread where we can get a rub down and come out smiling :D

Re: World Peace on Vinyl - Badly cut vinyl?

Hi all,

First time poster here. I'm curious to see if anyone has had the same problem as me with the WPINOYB vinyl. Purchased one from HMV Dublin earlier this week and when I tried to play it I noticed that it was marginally wider than your standard 12" record. Because of this the record was restricted in it's playing as it was rubbing up against the stock of the spinning arm. The second record (side C & D) also appeared to be a slightly different size to the first! Explained this to HMV and got a replacement but again had the same issue.

Has anybody had this issue with this record or any other record in general? Could find very little online about this.

Thanks in advance.
G

I just compared the size of my Very Best Of vinyl to my WPINOYB vinyl and you are right. It is marginally wider but it's not a problem for my player. Your player must be quite a tightly spaced unit?

I've finally figured it out. All I have to do is place my finger on the sweet spot of the record and keep my finger moving at a constant speed. Thankfully Morrissey split the tracks across 4 sides so my finger gets a well deserved break between songs leaving me more than satisfied.

I need a cigarette...

I just compared the size of my Very Best Of vinyl to my WPINOYB vinyl and you are right. It is marginally wider but it's not a problem for my player. Your player must be quite a tightly spaced unit?

Yes, unfortunately my player seems to be quite tightly spaced. Not allot of slack there at all. I have only had this happen with one record in the past which I replaced and all was ok. Could probably shave the edge round but don't want to risk it. I guess I will have to settle for the CD and get Vauxhall and I on vinyl instead

Back
Top Bottom