Unoffical video blocked by on youtube BMG

A

Anonymous

I made an unoffical video for Spent the day in Bed but BMG have blocked it worldwide on youtube. Bit of a shame that......

The unoffical videos were fun....

Anyone know a way around it?

they want the official song release to get as many views as possible... leave it alone for a while and put it out there after the PR blitz is over

Everybody post videos of themselves lounging in bed to the song! RELEASE A MIGHTY FLOOD OF APATHY!

Everybody post videos of themselves lounging in bed to the song! RELEASE A MIGHTY FLOOD OF APATHY!

See that would be a good promo project if they, team morrissey, bothered to organize it. Have people send in pics or selfies of themselves in bed, tasteful ones of course, and have Sam make even just a simple slide show video for the song. People would spread it everywhere just to show people how there pics made it in

they want the official song release to get as many views as possible... leave it alone for a while and put it out there after the PR blitz is over

That sounds very reasonable and sensible and we still can enjoy the many times very nice fans videos!
Good one! Respect :thumb:

The flood of apathy overwhelms me that much, I can't be bothered.
Finally I am in my bed, lounging and now you want me to post a video of it.
I don't think that this was the meaning of the advise in the song by our much beloved recalcitrant therapist. :p

See that would be a good promo project if they, team morrissey, bothered to organize it. Have people send in pics or selfies of themselves in bed, tasteful ones of course, and have Sam make even just a simple slide show video for the song. People would spread it everywhere just to show people how there pics made it in
Shut up, Sam.

The flood of apathy overwhelms me that much, I can't be bothered.
Finally I am in my bed, lounging and now you want me to post a video of it.
I don't think that this was the meaning of the advise in the song by our much beloved recalcitrant therapist. :p
I don't even own a cell phone or a video camera. So somebody would have to come do it for me. But I don't love my bed. We're just friends. Is that going to be a problem?

Apathy over the song? Or Youtube's copyright policy? Because making a video of you in bed in protest of copyright law sounds like the opposite of "apathy" to me...

I don't even own a cell phone or a video camera. So somebody would have to come do it for me. But I don't love my bed. We're just friends. Is that going to be a problem?

Not for me. :)
But the video making stuff on my smartphone would.
One other dilemma would be, shaved armpits, or not? :ha-no:

if BMG/M made a decent video, fans wouldn't need to.

I'm thinking there'll be at least one video for a song on the album. BMG (presumably) put money behind Sparks to make multiple videos for their new album. I can't see why this wouldn't be part of their marketing plan; as evidenced by Moz's wanting to do a video for "Istanbul" when he was with Harvest, he clearly understands it's part of the game.

Maybe they did or are busy with it right now.
That could explain too why BMG/M were so keen and fast on blocking the fan video worldwide for YouTube.

With Worldpeace and the singles from it, Harvest not investing any money in videos, much to Morrissey's chagrin, he could use unofficial fan videos as a way of saying to Harvest, look this is what you should have done. And approved them cause they were the only ones giving him some promotion for the singles.

I remember too he was quite enthusiastic and favourable about the artistic value of them.
Let's hope, there are 1 or 2 official videos in the pipeline. :thumb:
And Sammy not involved.:rolleyes:

youtube are blocking a lot of stuff these days even with well known youtubers,its all to do with copyright and monetization especially with films and music.

Not a whole lot of people are aware of this, but it's fine to use many copyrighted songs in YouTube fan videos, you're just not likely to get any advertising money from it.

Once copyrighted songs are automatically detected in a video, the artist/record label can decide to benefit from any monetisation.
Quite a good system in fact - fans get to make videos legally and the artist still benefits (a little...).

You can see the policies for any individual song here:

https://www.youtube.com/music_policies

(new song is not listed yet however)

REmj21I.jpg

Last edited:
The video was originally blocked worldwide immediately after been uploaded and for some hours afterwards but then mysteriously i'm delighted to say the block was lifted. So just to be clear as far as I am aware BMG are no longer blocking unofficial videos for this song.

The video was originally blocked worldwide immediately after been uploaded and for some hours afterwards but then mysteriously i'm delighted to say the block was lifted. So just to be clear as far as I am aware BMG are no longer blocking unofficial videos for this song.

hey, if they don't want to make a proper video, then let the fans do it for them for free !

Back
Top Bottom