US $2 Note?

I got a $2 bill as change when I visited Monticello, the home of Thomas Jefferson. My guess is that the cashiers there have a hoard of them, because they have Thomas Jefferson on the front.

And, just for the record, I love the dollar coins, and do think it would be an excellent idea to make the switch permanently from the dollar bill to the dollar coin.

I got a $2 bill as change when I visited Monticello, the home of Thomas Jefferson. My guess is that the cashiers there have a hoard of them, because they have Thomas Jefferson on the front.

And, just for the record, I love the dollar coins, and do think it would be an excellent idea to make the switch permanently from the dollar bill to the dollar coin.

I must admit, when on my visits to Yanksville, when being given change and you end up with lots of dollar notes in your pocket folded up, they become quite bulky (and tatty too).
I have noticed when in a pub, they are very keen on giving out $1 notes (as against $5's) as they think you will give them back in tips (no chance from ha ha ha ha) and I end up with a fistful of $1 dollar notes at the end of the night.
Also....... in the UK all notes are slightly different sizes. If a blind man walks into a shop in the US and gets given change.....all notes are the same size....I'm sure they must often get ripped off:squiffy:
I think there is a scene in the Ray Charles film about that..... when he was being paid at the end of the night by night club owners.

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom