"Vauxhall And Us", a French tribute to Morrissey - out on May 26, 2014

à l'écoute proudly presents:

Vauxhall And Us, a French tribute to Morrissey

OUT ON MAY 26, 2014

vauxhall_us-artwork.jpg

To celebrate its 5th birthday, music webmagazine à l'écoute has gathered 13 French bands around Morrissey’s cult 90's album, Vauxhall & I, which also celebrates its twentieth birthday this year.

-----

à l’écoute believes that the French Touch of pop music deserves to be celebrated and this album is a dream opportunity to highlight the diversity and energy of French bands who can proudly measure up to their British and Scandinavian counterparts.

With Vauxhall & Us, a French tribute to Morrissey, à l’écoute wants to put forward the bands it enjoys and supports: Yules, Fax, Reza, Swann, Wolves and moon, A*Song, Agop, Roken is dodelijk, Garciaphone, Le Grand Fusil, Uniform Motion, Erevan Tusk, 49 Swimming Pools.

13 titles covered by 13 bands, all free to listen and download for all our fans and Morrissey’s fans.

-----

To listen to the tribute, please go to :
http://vauxhallandus.alecoute.net/

Last edited:
très bien

à l'écoute proudly presents:

Vauxhall And Us, a French tribute to Morrissey

OUT ON MAY 26, 2014

vauxhall_us-artwork.jpg

To celebrate its 5th birthday, music webmagazine à l'écoute has gathered 13 French bands around Morrissey’s cult 90's album, Vauxhall & I, which also celebrates its twentieth birthday this year.

-----

à l’écoute believes that the French Touch of pop music deserves to be celebrated and this album is a dream opportunity to highlight the diversity and energy of French bands who can proudly measure up to their British and Scandinavian counterparts.

With Vauxhall & Us, a French tribute to Morrissey, à l’écoute wants to put forward the bands it enjoys and supports: Yules, Fax, Reza, Swann, Wolves and moon, A*Song, Agop, Roken is dodelijk, Garciaphone, Le Grand Fusil, Uniform Motion, Erevan Tusk, 49 Swimming Pools.

13 titles covered by 13 bands, all free to listen and download for all our fans and Morrissey’s fans.

-----

To listen to the tribute, please go to :
vauxhall.alecoute.net

http://vauxhallandus.alecoute.net/

The link fails, but this is correct.

I am laughing now at Spring Heeled Jeem. Heel deux, heel never be done teux. And he leeves to louvre...

I was let down. Based on the cover image, I thought this was going to be some sort of Jingle Cats-esque Morrissey cover album done by cats.

I like most of what I hear!
I remember when I read the "You can hear that album all over the Bends" quote by Thom Yorke talking about Vauxhall & I that I couldn't quite see it,
but the version of Lifeguard sleeping, girl drowning here on this tribute album sounds really close to something that Radiohead would make in the mid 90's, so that was quite a cool listen!
I like the Why don't you find out for yourself cover as well.

I haven't even heard it yet, I just wanted to type tres bien.

Back
Top Bottom