Viva Hate - rarities & demos

dizzywhore_1804

A big-nose who knows...
Ok, so here are all the available demos/rarities from this era. I have decided to include only stuff with vocals and only studio demos (ie, no extremely LQ live versions or reputed instrumentals). This is stuff to listen to, not stuff for completeness sake. There is also nothing here that is commerically or officially sanctioned.

I am doing it album to album so that it can be added to whenever new stuff becomes available.
There is nothing here that has not been released before, but hopefully this is a way to get demos without having to download B-sides etc as well.

I will be uploading all albums over the next few days.

Thank you to all those who made these available in the first place.

Viva Hate Rarities
http://www.sendspace.com/file/a4x06s

1. Please Help The Cause Against Lonliness (Demo)
2. Lifeguard On Duty
3. I Know Very Well How I Got My Note Wrong
4. Dial-A-Cliche (Rough Demo)
5. Dial-A-Cliche (Demo 2)
6. Dial-A-Cliche (Demo 3)
7. Please Help The Cause Against Lonliness (feat Sandie Shaw)

Last edited:
there are actually 3 versions of please help the cause
that i uploaded on another thread ... the links still seem
to work

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JH7LS5W4

This is brilliant - from what I can work out (correct me if needs be):

2.14 is the one featuring Sandie Shaw and in my original post
2.11 has slightly different (Moz error?) lyrics and a heavier "pop" sound - I've never heard this version before.
2.16 is the same as my 2.08 version in the original post, but mine doesn't have the 8 second silence at the end?

Nonetheless thanks very much - this is exacly what I hoped would happen with these threads!!

If people want to include this stuff in the thread that's fine but I won't be including it in my officially unofficial updates. For me this is about collecting Moz rarities, not studio oddities that don't feature him (ie no music-only demos, Boz/Alain/Vinni vocals etc) singing - basically if Morrissey's voice isn't clean and listenable on the recording then it's not for me.

But as I say, some people obviously want all this stuff so this thread is the most sensible place for it I suppose.

dizzywhore_1804, what's your problem? Your idea of making threads for every album + upload 'just the rarities, not the oddities' is pointless. It would be much better making 3 or 4 big packages with all the stuff (f.e. Never played Symphonies Part 1-4).
You see, most Moz-Fans want everything.

What you are doing here is completely confusing and it will get even more confusing when people will post more requests.

We could work together if you want.
We both could put some big packages together, organised and neatly arranged.

Last edited:
dizzywhore_1804, what's your problem? Your idea of making threads for every album + upload 'just the rarities, not the oddities' is pointless. It would be much better making 3 or 4 big packages with all the stuff (f.e. Never played Symphonies Part 1-4).
You see, most Moz-Fans want everything.

What you are doing here is completely confusing and it will get even more confusing when people will post more requests.

We could work together if you want.
We both could put some big packages together, organised and neatly arranged.

To be honest I find those things quite a mess - the Never Played Symphonies are amazing and very well collected as a complete set, and I was thrilled when they arrived - however for me personally I have no interest in hearing Vinni singing 'Hairdresser' or Boz singing 'Kit' as they don't have anything to do with Morrissey - for me they're more like someone doing Morrissey karaoke than anything to do with M himself, completely irrelevant.

The collections as I see them are for things Morrissey is absolutely present in.
These threads are meant to be a staggered, growing collection of everything Morrissey has done in the studio but not released commercially, hence no instrumental takes (which as far as I'm aware Morrissey has very little input in) or live versions - I can see people why people would want the only live version of 'Simon Smith and His Amazing Dancing Bear' for the sake of completeness, but having one of such low quality it's unlistenable is totally pointless to me - especially in a compilation of otherwise high quality audio.

When/if the Miraval sessions become available then I will add them to the Southpaw thread - however if someone wants the one and only time such-or-such a song was played on that tour then I've really no interest. It's interesting, but not interesting enough to be made a feature.

Perhaps an 'Officially Unofficial Appendix for Morrissey Related Oddities' for all the quirky bits and bobs that don't feature Morrissey directly but some people might still find interesting?

To be honest I find those things quite a mess - the Never Played Symphonies are amazing and very well collected as a complete set, and I was thrilled when they arrived - however for me personally I have no interest in hearing Vinni singing 'Hairdresser' or Boz singing 'Kit' as they don't have anything to do with Morrissey - for me they're more like someone doing Morrissey karaoke than anything to do with M himself, completely irrelevant.

The collections as I see them are for things Morrissey is absolutely present in.
These threads are meant to be a staggered, growing collection of everything Morrissey has done in the studio but not released commercially, hence no instrumental takes (which as far as I'm aware Morrissey has very little input in) or live versions - I can see people why people would want the only live version of 'Simon Smith and His Amazing Dancing Bear' for the sake of completeness, but having one of such low quality it's unlistenable is totally pointless to me - especially in a compilation of otherwise high quality audio.

When/if the Miraval sessions become available then I will add them to the Southpaw thread - however if someone wants the one and only time such-or-such a song was played on that tour then I've really no interest. It's interesting, but not interesting enough to be made a feature.

Perhaps an 'Officially Unofficial Appendix for Morrissey Related Oddities' for all the quirky bits and bobs that don't feature Morrissey directly but some people might still find interesting?

Well said. All those that try to contribute to this forum deserve a pat on the back. However, this thread and the other accompanying threads from dizzy are what they say. Well done I for one say. All neatly compiled and a great effort.

What's wrong with strange tracks? I think if something is from any Morrissey's session it's valid. Isn't it a sort of bo0otleg? I imagine we can get a amazing collection if we find rare and strange tracks - I know that there're many demos and any things else.

When I have posted the only version of "Let the right one slip in" I though it was an important recording of an important Morrissey's era, for example. Perhaps it sounds awful but I don't worry about because my only concern is in getting rare tracks.

What's wrong with strange tracks? I think if something is from any Morrissey's session it's valid. Isn't it a sort of bo0otleg? I imagine we can get a amazing collection if we find rare and strange tracks - I know that there're many demos and any things else.

When I have posted the only version of "Let the right one slip in" I though it was an important recording of an important Morrissey's era, for example. Perhaps it sounds awful but I don't worry about because my only concern is in getting rare tracks.

I'm an iTunes Nazi - everything has it's place.

Perhaps one of you chaps can set up the '...anything else' download thread to keep everything super tidy?

Start a new thread Raphael. I am sure it will be appreciated. The way I see these threads are something that can be added to, once new DEMO'S become available. This all stems from Revelations and what we all received in those following days.

I don't wanna start new threads, I just think if this forum had a thread about an alumbs where we can post rare and tracks (originals and official remixes) it's be wonderful. I'm sure you two are such a good guys and undertand me completly while I say that. I guess it is pointless to create a new thread if we have yours (already created.) I hope I'm not rude.

I don't wanna start new threads, I just think if this forum had a thread about an alumbs where we can post rare and tracks (originals and official remixes) it's be wonderful. I'm sure you two are such a good guys and undertand me completly while I say that. I guess it is pointless to create a new thread if we have yours (already created.) I hope I'm not rude.

Not rude, perhaps just misunderstanding, these are threads for demo or unreleased studio versions that feature Morrissey singing. Not just for anything and everything to do with Morrissey from that period.

This is why I suggest another thread for the odds-and-ends: stuff that doesn't feature Morrissey (instrumentals, other vocalists) or very low quality stuff.

Not rude, perhaps just misunderstanding, these are threads for demo or unreleased studio versions that feature Morrissey singing. Not just for anything and everything to do with Morrissey from that period.

This is why I suggest another thread for the odds-and-ends: stuff that doesn't feature Morrissey (instrumentals, other vocalists) or very low quality stuff.

I've undertood everything you've said. I just tthink... forget.. but your thread is pretty good.
It's important to push rare songs away.

well... whatever
you do your thing, I'll do mine

Back
Top Bottom