Mozzer...liar
Mozzer...tamperer
We pleaded and squealed
And you think you've won
But Sorrow will come
To you in the end

Isn't that a little extreme?

As opposed to what

his Mozness axing a classic song in favour of an unremastered demo and dicing the album's centerpiece track?

Oh, the humanity

Judging by the delivery of the last 2 patchy albums, and chopper & slasher of Viva Hate masterpiece, can EMI not just say Moz, No means No we will release Viva Hate remastered unedited, with Wolverhamton gig as a package.

Just like Beethoven, Morrissey has gone deaf to a good tune and his fans, why would a record company sign him up !!!!!!!!!!!!!

This release could have been brilliant. But it wasn't.

There is no one to blame but his Mozjesty himself.

He gets what he deserves.

It doesn't matter how brilliant it is, we all have the album - most of us twice (re-issued a few years later with 8 b sides on it) and the ''bonus track'' was released last year on the back of Glamorous Glue.

This was simply one reissue too far and should sound as a warning for future re-issues.
My only surprise is that people are surprised!

I own the original, why would I buy it again for one medicore demo. If the album had been bundld with several extra tracks then I would I have probably have bought it and I guess the same goes for many fans. So, the album would only appeal to new people who don't won the original. Not enought did.

It was re-issued with 8 b-sides in the 1990's! That was good enough for me having also owned the original vinyl.
Agree with you.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the dismal chart performance of this abortion means we will get a proper deluxe reissue, 3-discs, lots of extra tracks, etc. Sorry, Moz, you have disrespected your own fans with this crap release, whatever your reasoning for butchering the original work of art that was VIVA HATE.

most of you don't get it. the songs and albums and everything he does is for him and there is nothing or no one that will ever change Morrisseys mind. we buy them cause we love them because we relate to him in whatever form his songs say it all we are all aging fading but we still will buy whatever he puts out because we must we are fans nothing more nothing less

I know somewhere in that convoluted drivel of a sentence there is a pointless message. I'm just not sure what.

What concerns me most is what will he do with the Vauxhall & I remaster which must be coming out next year?? Morrissey once said why meddle with a masterpiece. I dread to think what might happen!!

I don't see a need to worry about what will or will not appear on a Vauxhall re-release. If you like the track listing then buy it, if not then don't. You'll always have your original cd anyway which is going to be hard to beat.

most of you don't get it. the songs and albums and everything he does is for him and there is nothing or no one that will ever change Morrisseys mind. we buy them cause we love them because we relate to him in whatever form his songs say it all we are all aging fading but we still will buy whatever he puts out because we must we are fans nothing more nothing less

but we don't buy them do we? this didn't even scrape into the top 100.
most Morrissey fans have got a lot more sense than you seem to credit them for, and are able to think for themselves.

Calm down people, the remastered Maudlin Street is actually not that bad and Treat me like a human being is a sweet little song. I don't know why he did the choices he made, but it's not the end of the world. Nobody's just going to buy that record, that's all.

What concerns me most is what will he do with the Vauxhall & I remaster which must be coming out next year?? Morrissey once said why meddle with a masterpiece. I dread to think what might happen!!

Here's what will happen... "Speedway" has been deleted. And for the cover art, sorry, you get the f***ing bath tub picture again.. Instead of the yellow processing, it's pink.. The original text will be what we call in California "Cholo Old English".

For "Your Arsenal", Morrissey has chosen to delete "You're The One For Me Fatty" and "Seasick Yet Still Docked." This one gets a bonus there though. "There Speaks A True Friend" without the abrupt ending... At last! oh, but it's the instrumental version. The bad news here is, because the artwork on the original release was already so minimal and sparse, this one unfortunately won't come with a sleeve at all.

And lastly, the "Kill Uncle" re-issue. "I'm The End Of The Family Line" will be deleted and the demo of Tony The Pony will be added in all its glory. If you pre-order from RecordStore.co.uk, you may have yours arrived SiGNED! Unfortunately, 2 weeks later, he'll post of True-to-you.net that those signatures are fake. But no need to visit that site, that message will be copied and pasted here within nanoseconds...whew! Brace yourselves!

10 days after its' release still no torrents for this album. I think that's a sign no-one cares about this release. Oh well, maybe the primadonna of mope will get it right when this is rerereleased in 2017, just after the 9th hits collection..

*sigh*

Legalized theft
It leaves me bereft
Of b-sides and rarities I don't have yet
We get it straight in the neck
Somehow expecting no less

A chart of justice
Will bring to light the Truth
Mozzer...liar
Mozzer...tamperer
We pleaded and squealed
And you think you've won
But Sorrow will come
To you in the end

What's the difference between Sir Paul Maccartney and a pile of crap? None.

I would suggest that part of this re-issue's comercial failure would reflect the dissapointment many of Morrissey's fans (myself included) feel at his recent political statements about a number of highly divisive and controversial issues. I wouldn't buy anything authored by Gerry Adams so why would I buy this!!?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom