viva hate

mozza5426

hello guys, we all know that viva hate was morrisseys first solo album, arriving in 1988. The version i have is the one with 20 songs, startin with alsation cousin and ending with ive changed my plea to guilty. However, iv seen another version (ie play.com) with i think 12 songs or something, with hairdresser on fire on it. I thought hairdresser on fire was on 'bona drag'. Was just wanting someone to clarify which version is actually the correct one. Thanks

Mozza5426

I bought it when it came out, and it had Hairdresser on Fire but not I've Changed My Plea. It probably had 12 songs, can't recall and don't have it with me.

hairdresser was only on the american release. the re-release has the 20 tracks.

Bona Drag isn't an album but a collection of singles and B-Sides. Can we say, "repackage re-issue?"

Kyoko

Bona Drag isn't an album but a collection of singles and B-Sides. Can we say, "repackage re-issue?"

Kyoko

Bona Drag is one of my favs.....album or not.

nothing wrong with the songs, a nice set of singles and B-sides, but all the compilations kinda sat funny with me. I would rather he just released a new album than repackage the same stuff again. It was a VERY long wait from Viva Hate to Bono Drag and to only get 1 new song was a big let down.

Kyoko

nothing wrong with the songs, a nice set of singles and B-sides, but all the compilations kinda sat funny with me. I would rather he just released a new album than repackage the same stuff again. It was a VERY long wait from Viva Hate to Bono Drag and to only get 1 new song was a big let down.

Kyoko

Yeah, I bet it sucked having to wait all that time to end up getting only one new song...... however he did make it up to you by releasing the all new songs ~ Kill Uncle ~ the following year ;)

For me it is an album. Because not everywhere singles are treated the same way as in civilised world. I've never bought a single in my life:confused: But I have never followed a contemporary artist who released singles before. In the country where I was born, it is an economic suicide to release two songs, because nobody would buy it - saving the money for the full album. But I'm glad I've learnt so much via Morrissey:p

For me it is an album. Because not everywhere singles are treated the same way as in civilised world. I've never bought a single in my life:confused: But I have never followed a contemporary artist who released singles before. In the country where I was born, it is an economic suicide to release two songs, because nobody would buy it - saving the money for the full album. But I'm glad I've learnt so much via Morrissey:p

An album gives the connotation that there is a theme and connection among the songs a general mood and vision. Bona drag is just a collection of songs.

Kyoko

An album gives the connotation that there is a theme and connection among the songs a general mood and vision. Bona drag is just a collection of songs.

Kyoko

I see less connection in true albums (sometimes), but it depends. It's also a matter of whether you heard any of the songs before or heard them for the first time together. Personally I like when there is some balance between 'just a collection of tunes' and 'homogeneous album'. For example I like 'Vauxhall and I', but it's just on the verge of this aforementioned balance.

Back
Top Bottom