What do you think's gonna happen at Morrissey's birthday concert?

What do you expect to happen at Morrissey's 22nd May birthday concert?

• Total voters

Maurice E

Tickets are like gold dust and there are rumours of something special/unusal happening but, then again, aren't there always?
I'm not bothering going this time (went to the 2004 birthday concert) which practically guarantees that Johnny Marr will turn up!

He's going to turn 50. He may even sing, too.

I'll tell you in just over a fortnight. You'll be the first to know, trust me!

;)

Morrissey will attempt his great fire eating trick! Perhaps?

Last edited:
Tickets are like gold dust and there are rumours of something special/unusal happening but, then again, aren't there always?
I'm not bothering going this time (went to the 2004 birthday concert) which practically guarantees that Johnny Marr will turn up!
with the courteneeers comment added "thts we are in for a treat"it made me believe what i did hope for al the time before: that johnny marr is playing one single song on stage with morrissey..n but it is surely more wishful thinking on my part though than that will actually happen..but i vote for it... :rolleyes:)
and in the end itwill be a normal concert plus maybe with the extra of a cake on stage and russell jumping out of it;-D

Last edited:
I know it's gonna happen sooooooome-daaaaaay!

Nah, Courtneers are asked to play, that's all.

Last edited:
Maybe he'll bust out a song he hasn't played live before or maybe there will be some sort of on stage guest but it won't be anyone from The Smiths.. I'd have said Alain but I don't know what kind of terms they are even on and don't suspect them to be very good.

It's important to remember, it's his birthday so the surprises should be for him, not for the fans.

Maybe he'll be paying the crew?

Last edited:
I wonder if there will be cake. If so, what kind? I'm partial to a nice white cake with a cream cheese filling, and a lot of those icing flowers and such.
I like icing. I want a corner piece.

I'd have said Alain but I don't know what kind of terms they are even on and don't suspect them to be very good.

Why did you say that?

Why did you say that?

Alain was all ready to go record YOR. Said he had his guitars ready to go but then wasn't asked. I get the feeling that might put them on bad terms.

Admittedly, tuning a few guitars isn't a whole lot of preparation.

That's not the point.

He wrote most of the songs and was not asked to play on the record while stating that he had every intention of doing it. He then was not able to go do something he wanted and in many ways it belonged to him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Alain is not a big fan of Moz right now.

Alain and the band are still on good terms. That's a fact. Yes, Bored is right, but they're still on good terms.

Peter

What about Alain and Moz?
What is your source for this?

It's important to remember, it's his birthday so the surprises should be for him, not for the fans.

Hahah, in this case, what do you think would happen if Marr, Rourke, and Joyce broke in, tied up Boz, Matt, Jesse, Solomon, and Kris in a cupboard somewhere, and plugged in before he came onstage? :lbf:
Mozza just walks onstage and is like :eek: :blushing:

Back
Top Bottom