What is your favorite MORRISSEY single of the 21st century ?

What is your favorite Morrissey single of the 21st century ?

• Total voters
This confuses me because we were told there would be three singles released prior to the record (WPINOYB, Istanbul and Earth Is), then suddenly Bullfighter appears also with a spoken word video, though no mention of it being an additional "fourth" single.

Can anyone confirm? I've edited the Morrissey Wikipedia page with 3 singles from the album. For some reason Bullfighter doesn't feel like it is one, more just like a promo.

I think only the title track was actually called a "single" by TTY. It's really all semantics at this point. They're all digital downloads, apparently only "Istanbul" and "World Peace" are being touted as "singles" by receiving airplay, chart position updates — I haven't seen anyone saying in other threads that the other two songs have received any airplay as of yet.

I think only the title track was actually called a "single" by TTY. It's really all semantics at this point. They're all digital downloads, apparently only "Istanbul" and "World Peace" are being touted as "singles" by receiving airplay, chart position updates — I haven't seen anyone saying in other threads that the other two songs have received any airplay as of yet.

True, though there was that article earlier on stating three "Singles" leading up to the album release, which happened.

Bullfighter just seems to be an added afterthought because it's a catchy song.

All of this promotion has been quite hazy.

This was kind of like choosing which of your kids you love the best. Many of these songs have meant a lot to me, and I have sang and played a few of them in covers.

For my vote right now, I choose I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris. The Morrissey unrequited love theme always vibes hard with me and I just looove the way he sings it. It makes my heart open up and feel something deep as he croons "nobody wants my love, nobody needs my love".

Its probably the kind of content that non-fans view as whiny and childish. But for me, it conjures up a glimpse of that emotion I receive from The Smiths' Well I Wonder. Not that the songs are in the same league. Imo, that's one of the f***ing great Smiths songs ever for raw melancholy and beautiful Johnny Marr arrangement. But I digress.

He posted your artwork? lol.

Not saying it's a bad thing, it's great for you and great artwork, but he doesn't know that that came from a fan and not from Harvest??

He knows it's fan art. He must've found it here. Maybe when the album comes out they'll release them as proper singles with more B sides apart from the 6 extra tracks? I'm willing to guess anything at this point. It's a riddle wrapped in a riddle!

This was kind of like choosing which of your kids you love the best. Many of these songs have meant a lot to me, and I have sang and played a few of them in covers.

For my vote right now, I choose I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris. The Morrissey unrequited love theme always vibes hard with me and I just looove the way he sings it. It makes my heart open up and feel something deep as he croons "nobody wants my love, nobody needs my love".

Its probably the kind of content that non-fans view as whiny and childish. But for me, it conjures up a glimpse of that emotion I receive from The Smiths' Well I Wonder. Not that the songs are in the same league. Imo, that's one of the f***ing great Smiths songs ever for raw melancholy and beautiful Johnny Marr arrangement. But I digress.

Paris would've been my choice had I not become obsessed with Istanbul.

the more I listen to istanbul the more I love it

but there's something about his voice in something is squeezing my skull

True, though there was that article earlier on stating three "Singles" leading up to the album release, which happened.

That 'article' was from someone's tweet. Hardly anything official from Morrissey camp. And again, TTY used the word "single" only for "World Peace."

Jesse Tobias quotes it as a single.

Stop the f***ing presses.

He knows it's fan art. He must've found it here. Maybe when the album comes out they'll release them as proper singles with more B sides apart from the 6 extra tracks? I'm willing to guess anything at this point. It's a riddle wrapped in a riddle!

Wrapped in a barcode.

That 'article' was from someone's tweet. Hardly anything official from Morrissey camp. And again, TTY used the word "single" only for "World Peace."

Stop the f***ing presses.

Wrapped in a barcode.

As long as your stupid jokes don't get old for you, keep it up!

Spoke with Stephane and we both agree it's a fourth single. Added it to Wikipedia.

Let Me Kiss You, highly underrated and the most Smith-like of all the Quarry songs

Let Me Kiss You, highly underrated and the most Smith-like of all the Quarry songs

LMKY got the most votes on an old Main Page Poll asking which Quarry song was the most Smith-ish (just going off memory here...it's been some years). I really love that pic.

7978731028d9.jpg

Its the thrill of First of the Gang to Die for me, closely followed by I Have Forgiven Jesus, The Youngest Was the Most Loved and Istanbul

Back
Top Bottom