What is your least favorite Morrissey/Smiths song?

There is not one Smiths song that should be disliked, every song is classic. Morrissey mid 90s stuff, gigs great, album recordings mehh

However, I think the more minimalistic version of SP that Mr. Farrell played on some radio-show a while back was great.

Oh yes, I like that one too. So much better without all that unnecessary vocal adornment in my opinion.

The Smiths- I would say 'Golden Lights', but a) It's a cover so doesn't really count, and b) Like 'Sweetie Pie', it would be a nice song without all the echoey stuff. I agree with lottie about 'London' though: it's never appealed to or grown on me at all.

Morrissey- I agree about the repetitiveness of 'Dagenham Dave'. 'Found Found Found' is too dirgey and droney for me, so that's probably one of my least favourites.

Lifeguard Sleeping,nearly every album has a stinker and this is it.I think Ive only made it to the end once.'Girl least Likely To' is pretty grim too

Last edited:
'Certain People I Know' - was that a joke or what?
'William, It Was Really Nothing'. I just always skip it.

The Smiths- I would say 'Golden Lights', but a) It's a cover so doesn't really count, and b) Like 'Sweetie Pie', it would be a nice song without all the echoey stuff. I agree with lottie about 'London' though: it's never appealed to or grown on me at all.

Do you know why they covered "Golden Lights"? It is the only Smith's song I don't like that much, and I was wondering what the story is behind it. And my least favorite song that is actually by Morrissey is probably "Friday Mourning" or "Munich Air Disaster 1958". I don't own all his albums yet, so that is just based on what I have so far.

I'm not trying to say they're bad. But I prefer 'Sweetie Pie' and 'Get Off The Stage'. Seriously. :straightface:

Other two good songs...
I didn't say you have a bad taste, instead of that. I was surprised you don't like these two songs..

Do you know why they covered "Golden Lights"? It is the only Smith's song I don't like that much, and I was wondering what the story is behind it. And my least favorite song that is actually by Morrissey is probably "Friday Mourning" or "Munich Air Disaster 1958". I don't own all his albums yet, so that is just based on what I have so far.

Hmm. According to Mozipedia, it was "an act of playful perversity". That, and Moz likes Twinkle.

I agree about MAD 1958, but 'Friday Mourning'? :eek: Blasphemy!

I think Morrissey's voice is sexy in Golden Lights, just coz it's not a great cover :(

Smiths- Never Had No One Ever
Morrissey - Lifeguard Sleeping & anything from the B-side of Kill Uncle with the exception of There's a Place in Hell which is somewhat tolerable. :p

I adore just about everything Morrissey's done - I love all the songs on Ringleader, Kill Uncle, and Maladjusted. However, 'Black Cloud' is easily one of his all time worst songs ever.

Why is the intro so over done when the rest of the song is so bland? Why did a song featuring Jeff Beck barely use him? Why did Morrissey think that 'Woo ya!' sounded pleasant when sung?

If you ask me, just about all of you are overly critical on Morrissey. 'Black Cloud', however, deserved nothing but the harshest of criticisms.

I HATE 'Last of the International Playboys'. It actually makes me angry.

I know why people get sick of HSIN - but I could listen to it forever!

I adore just about everything Morrissey's done - I love all the songs on Ringleader, Kill Uncle, and Maladjusted. However, 'Black Cloud' is easily one of his all time worst songs ever.

Why is the intro so over done when the rest of the song is so bland? Why did a song featuring Jeff Beck barely use him? Why did Morrissey think that 'Woo ya!' sounded pleasant when sung?

If you ask me, just about all of you are overly critical on Morrissey. 'Black Cloud', however, deserved nothing but the harshest of criticisms.

Its one of my faves on YOR

Back
Top Bottom