What song are you listening to right now?

The Cramps What's inside a girl :guitar::cool::ahhh:
" something tells me there's whole nother world "

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Have you seen the 2013 documentary Muscle Shoals? Kind of made me a fan of all that Muscle Shoals shit. :D
Yes I enjoyed watching that doc (I love documentaries). That's how I learned that Lynyrd Skynyrd were part of that southern style of music (before that I always thought there were some country/folk band). I just don't like old music (country, blues, folk, jazz, and I guess anything else that Morrissey would probably like). I grew up listening to electronic, indie, goth music and so on. My ears just won't accept anything else.:(
No 2 of my most hated song is Hotel California by Eagles. I have an interesting story. I used to live in an apartment that was adjacent to a family home. The people who lived in that house used to come home drunk at 2 o'clock and play loud (muscle shoal) music. Well, one night they played Hotel California and after about 4th time, my upstairs neighbour finally opened the window and yelled at the top of his lungs: Shut the f*** up! The upstairs neighbour's name was Roden T. So we just called him rodent. Anyway...

Yes I enjoyed watching that doc (I love documentaries). That's how I learned that Lynyrd Skynyrd were part of that southern style of music (before that I always thought there were some country/folk band). I just don't like old music (country, blues, folk, jazz, and I guess anything else that Morrissey would probably like). I grew up listening to electronic, indie, goth music and so on. My ears just won't accept anything else.:(
No 2 of my most hated song is Hotel California by Eagles. I have an interesting story. I used to live in an apartment that was adjacent to a family home. The people who lived in that house used to come home drunk at 2 o'clock and play loud (muscle shoal) music. Well, one night they played Hotel California and after about 4th time, my upstairs neighbour finally opened the window and yelled at the top of his lungs: Shut the f*** up! The upstairs neighbour's name was Roden T. So we just called him rodent. Anyway...

I can't get into that style of music either. Country boy / redneck blues. Morrissey said some where that he didn't like Jazz and I'd bet my life he's not a Lynyrd Skynyrd fan.

I can't get into that style of music either. Country boy / redneck blues. Morrissey said some where that he didn't like Jazz and I'd bet my life he's not a Lynyrd Skynyrd fan.
Oh, good to know. But he likes country, why else he would do a cover of Waylon Jennings?

Oh, good to know. But he likes country, why else he would do a cover of Waylon Jennings?

Country music from way back he may like some of it. His nephew is married to the granddaughter of a country music legend so maybe he's been introduced to the golden oldies through her. We know he definitely likes rockabilly: Ricky Nelson, Elvis Presley. I'd be willing to guess his record collection doesn't include a large amount of country music though. When I said country boy / redneck blues (tho I should have said rockin' roll blues) I was referring to bands like Lynyrd Skynyrd. Two totally different styles of music. Not saying he has impeccable taste but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't find him covering Sweet Home Alabama.

Country music from way back he may like some of it. His nephew is married to the granddaughter of a country music legend so maybe he's been introduced to the golden oldies through her. We know he definitely likes rockabilly: Ricky Nelson, Elvis Presley. I'd be willing to guess his record collection doesn't include a large amount of country music though. When I said country boy / redneck blues (tho I should have said rockin' roll blues) I was referring to bands like Lynyrd Skynyrd. Two totally different styles of music. Not saying he has impeccable taste but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't find him covering Sweet Home Alabama.
:laughing: Lynyrd Skynyrd is definitely redneck rock IMO

I agree with you on Lynyrd Skynyrd and that horrible song Sweet Home Alabama.
Whenever I hear it I put on Birmingham by Randy Newman as some kind of anti poison.
"Birmingham, Birmingham,
The greatest city of Alabam,
You can travel across this entire land,
There ain't no place
like Birmingham".

Very tongue in cheek.
Moz likes it, I know for sure.
Would BrummieBoy like it?
He's from Birmingham, at least that is what his username is pointing to.
No, I don't think so.
It' s so confusing and annoying there are two Birmingham's. :-(
Gerrit

U.N.K.L.E - Nursery Rhyme

Kicks off properly at the 2.55m mark ...

After an evening of watching Hezbollah vs ISIS videos ...

Sweet home Alabama is just a Super catchy song and good for that alone. Don't know about much of there other music but the category of southern rock has some good moments. Credence come to mind

Sweet home Alabama is just a Super catchy song and good for that alone. Don't know about much of there other music but the category of southern rock has some good moments. Credence come to mind

Off course you are absolutely right. It is a super catchy song. I just did not like it because it was more or less a reaction on the sentiment displayed by Neill Young in a song previously about the police killing 4 students at a demonstration at the university in Ohio.
(Students, black people, muslims, jews, gay's, Christians, any minority group is still a target for police brutality, anywhere in the world. Nothing has changed)

That song was a a lot on the radio and it mentioned Alabama. I don't know for sure if it was also titled Alabama. The chorus was something like: "Four dead in Ohio" and if I remember correctly there was "Alabama, you've got the weight on your shoulder, it's breaking your back".

I agree with you about Credence Clearwater Revival. They were great!
I really liked " fortunate son " and the more rebellious songs they did. Not the mellow ones.

I like a lot of music from New Orleans, Louisiana.
Allen Toussaint, Doctor John the Nighttripper and especially the Meters.
They were f***ing great!
Gerrit

Off course you are absolutely right. It is a super catchy song. I just did not like it because it was more or less a reaction on the sentiment displayed by Neill Young in a song previously about the police killing 4 students at a demonstration at the university in Ohio.
(Students, black people, muslims, jews, gay's, Christians, any minority group is still a target for police brutality, anywhere in the world. Nothing has changed)

That song was a a lot on the radio and it mentioned Alabama. I don't know for sure if it was also titled Alabama. The chorus was something like: "Four dead in Ohio" and if I remember correctly there was "Alabama, you've got the weight on your shoulder, it's breaking your back".

I agree with you about Credence Clearwater Revival. They were great!
I really liked " fortunate son " and the more rebellious songs they did. Not the mellow ones.

I like a lot of music from New Orleans, Louisiana.
Allen Toussaint, Doctor John the Nighttripper and especially the Meters.
They were f***ing great!
Gerrit

I like most of credence myself. Wasn't he for like up north though, Boston or something, and just loved the sound. Nothing wrong with that I just find it funny. I honestly couldn't tell you a thing about the song or even quote any of the lyrics even though I've heard it a million times but I can understand wanting to point out some good things about a place you're raised in that doesn't always have a great past having grown up myself in a very racially divisive place with some not so great history at times. Probably think the song wasnt a negation or dismissal of certain actions but just about being happy with the place you're from and the good times experienced there and not wanting it to be condemned solely on actions of some people. Especially when it's said by a popular person in public. Anyway I'm running on

Reverend and the makers - the state of things.

Definitely sums up living in Britain in the twenty-tens!

I like Frank's better than I like Sids. He wasn't worth to much musically and seemed kinda sad and rotten in the personality department. Had a nice look for a min though

Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom