What's the most shocking thing you've ever seen in a movie?

Cassius

I think that films nowadays tend to purposely overdo themselves on violence and gore, and that audiences are becoming desensitized to it, but there's still some things that have shocked/disturbed me in movies:

1.) The rape scene in "Deliverance". This was the first male rape I'd ever seen in a movie, and the sense of helplessness and overall humiliation and degregation of Ned Beatty's character made the scene scary, even though you don't actually see the rape.

2.) The montage of footage of the war in "Farenheit 9/11". You don't really realize how real the war is until you see the small children that have been victims of this violence.

3.) The eye ball-gouging scene in "Zombi". It's very uncomftorable to watch, and it's very, very, very slow.

4.) The shit-eating scene in "Pink Flamingos". A man dressed up as a woman, eating dog shit off of the sidewalk; need I say more?

5.) The monkey-brain eating scene in "Faces of Death". I saw it when I was about five, and thought it was real. Fortunately, contrary to popular belief, it was not.

And you?

Few months before my third birthday my mother fell ill and I was sent to my aunt's for about six months.
One day one of my cousins said we're going to watch Mini Goddilla film.
There used to be a cinema next to a department store, I saw a poster at the entrance and went in without paying.
However, they weren't showing kiddy films (it was scheduled in few weeks later) I accidentally saw one of the domestic exploitation movies which I vaguely remember that some dirty lords and swards men strip and torture women. :eek:

Few months before my third birthday my mother fell ill and I was sent to my aunt's for about six months.
There used to be a cinema next to a department store, I saw a poster at the entrance and went in without paying.
However, they weren't showing kiddy films (it was scheduled in few weeks later) I accidentally saw one of the domestic exploitation movies which I vaguely remember that some dirty lords and swards men strip and torture women. :eek:

I think that those things are worse when you're little, 'cause you don't really know what's going on.

I forgot about "Salo". Thankfully I haven't seen the whole thing.

Kewpie said:
However, they weren't showing kiddy films (it was scheduled in few weeks later) I accidentally saw one of the domestic exploitation movies which I vaguely remember that some dirty lords and swards men strip and torture women.

Ahhh, Japan.

I'm still freaked out by the end of Kids, when one of the boys essentially rapes a passed-out girl who just found out that she was HIV positive. The movie was supposed to depict young teens, and it's deeply disturbing.

Silence of the Lambs also never fails to shock, even after seeing it about 50 times. :)

Ahhh, Japan.

I'm still freaked out by the end of Kids, when one of the boys essentially rapes a passed-out girl who just found out that she was HIV positive. The movie was supposed to depict young teens, and it's deeply disturbing.

Silence of the Lambs also never fails to shock, even after seeing it about 50 times. :)

I used to watch "The Silence of the Lambs" every night I went to be when I was sixteen. I used to have a HUGE crush on Hannibal Lecter.

in IЯЯƎVƎЯSIBLƎ (french film, by Gaspar Noe) there's a scene where Monica Belucci gets raped in a tunnel.
its a very very long scene and, well, just terrible, terrible terrible, you can hear everything and , just terrible.
i mean it's been years since i saw that movie and with my friends we remember that scene all the time.

in IЯЯƎVƎЯSIBLƎ (french film, by Gaspar Noe) there's a scene where Monica Belucci gets raped in a tunnel.
its a very very long scene and, well, just terrible, terrible terrible, you can hear everything and , just terrible.
i mean it's been years since i saw that movie and with my friends we remember that scene all the time.

Oh, is that the one that is nine minutes long? I heard that it was awful, lots of people walked out on it. Isn't there also a scene where a man gets his face crushed by a fire extenguisher?

a fire extinguisher? i don't remember, maybe, i only remember the rape scene and that at the beginning some guys went in to a gay club called "rectum" hahaah thats pretty funny, rectum hhaa , witty witty

anyway, rape, yeah, it's a really long terrible scene.

for me, it's when forrest gump started running. i'm not sure it was the most shocking, but definitely the most disturbing...

This comes close

this is a good one too.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. The rape in the Macbeth.
2. The rape in another movie which's name I don't remember.
3. Dog killing in a Finnish movie "Pahat Pojat" ("Bad Boys"). I was quite young when I saw it.

Alien (chest burst scene).

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) Re-Release Trailer... generally the whole of this film.

Dawn of the Dead Trailer... original, remember seeing this trailer on tv when very little, or a very short version of this one; especially when you have a point of view short of the zombies entering the lift....kind of freaked me out. Now one of my favourite films.

Come and See: Trailer . "A boy is unwillingly thrust into the atrocities of war in WWII Byelorussia, fighting for a hopelessly unequipped resistance movement against the ruthless German forces. Witnessing scenes of abject terror and accidentally surviving horrifying situations he loses his innocence and then his mind."

I Spit On Your Grave trailer....not a very nice film.

Abel Ferrara---------------------
Ms. 45 trailer (not bad movies thou)

Driller Killer: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079082/ did have a clip on youtube, but that was a bit much:(
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nightmare in a Damaged Brain: cutting off heads and stuff!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082818/

Audition: trailer (movie by Takashi Miike).

:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom