Which of these phrases annoy you the most?

Which of these phrases annoy you the most? (Select as many as you want)

• Total voters
"Needless to say......"

Well then don't f**king say it then.

i like what jim gaffigan said about people who say " its not brain surgery" he asked what do brain surgeons say.
"its not like talking to women"

:p

Well, living in California, using the word, like, must be implanted in our brains. I catch myself in time, but it's a hard word to get rid of. Same for, "goes" "OMG, he like goes and tells me he wants to break up!" :mad::mad::mad:

I am tempted to post the Catherine Tate "Valley Girl" sketch again where she uses "like" in every sentence.
I don't really mind Americans using it, but to hear everyone here use it is appalling.

"My bad" is dreadful. A two year old toddler wouldn't say that.

"Well" is unforgivable in the usage mentioned here.

"Bless" is patronising shite.

I'm off to collect me pension now....

I know...no sense at all...but it's a bloody epidemic over here! :mad:

What wrong with using "very" I ask myself?...often!

Love Alma xxx

I am tempted to post the Catherine Tate "Valley Girl" sketch again where she uses "like" in every sentence.
I don't really mind Americans using it, but to hear everyone here use it is appalling.

"My bad" is dreadful. A two year old toddler wouldn't say that.

"Well" is unforgivable in the usage mentioned here.

"Bless" is patronising shite.

I'm off to collect me pension now....

Well, at least I don't say, *gnarly* or *dude* OH! and my most hated word, "STOKED"!

"It's not rocket science" pisses me off. Mainly because "It's not rocket surgery" is a much better phrase.

You would know.

oh_snap.gif

people who say shouldn't of, deserve to be hung, drawn and quartered.
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

"Dude" :mad:
"Stoked":mad::mad::mad:
"Gnarly" I would only use in relation to trees or hands. What is it used for over there?

These are words that are mostly used by the beach or smoking weed. 1. You can call someone *dude* (even girls) *stoked* especially annoys me because it's basically a guy who wants to pick up on you, and they want to impress you by "Hey, I read Siddhartha-I was so stoked!"

Not many people here use,"gnarly" (maybe in the late 70's) but it means, "The waves are really gnarly ( difficult) (cool) today and I'm gonna ride those bitches like the whores :Dthey are!" ( I actually have a friend that says, "ride those bitches like the whores they are) :D

What? :confused: I've never heard those phrases

Carrot & stick usually means that someone is going to hold (metaphorically) a tempting but usually mean way of getting what they want.

Lately my friend has been using "porked" a lot. We were watching the election coverage and I said it looked like Obama was going to win early on to which she screamed, "Yeah, well we've been porked before so don't get too comfortable." THen she used it again to describe getting moved from an aisle seat in an airplane.

I say 'bare'. :p:o

:tears: And you seemed like such a nice girl. :tears: :p

I'm also against 'my bad', 'well' and 'like', although I am often using 'like'. :( The use of the word 'gay' meaning annoying or bad grates on me, particularly because it often gets used alongside 'well' to form 'well gay' :mad:

'Jokes' irritates me too. For those who are not familiar with this context of it, 'Ha, jokes!' is equivalent to, 'Haha, that was funny!'.

:tears: And you seemed like such a nice girl. :tears: :p

I'm also against 'my bad', 'well' and 'like', although I am often using 'like'. :( The use of the word 'gay' meaning annoying or bad grates on me, particularly because it often gets used alongside 'well' to form 'well gay' :mad:

'Jokes' irritates me too. For those who are not familiar with this context of it, 'Ha, jokes!' is equivalent to, 'Haha, that was funny!'.

I say "like" too much. I attribute it to growing up in SoCal during my formative language years. I hear myself do it and it's so irritating.

Back
Top Bottom