Who would you cast as Morrissey in a film about his life?

Starring and directed by the young Quentin Tarantino..

quentin-tarantino.jpg

quentin-tarantino-heroes.jpg

Perhaps Joaquin Phoenix? There is a pretty strong resemblance, and he did his singing bit in Walk The Line. Although he did recently announce retirement.

images

My mother watched Walk The Line recently, and said the same thing. :thumb:

There is no one beautiful and handsome enough - or with a streak of wild naturedness about them.

However, there is one person that comes a lowly 'second' - no offence intended. But I will cast . . . .

JONATHAN RHYS-MEYERS

He is a blue blood Irish actor with real blue eyes, and can portray a 'wild' natured character with subliminal excellence.

JR-M - will be my choice for my film.

:thumb:

There is no one beautiful and handsome enough - or with a streak of wild naturedness about them.

However, there is one person that comes a lowly 'second' - no offence intended. But I will cast . . . .

JONATHAN RHYS-MEYERS

He is a blue blood Irish actor with real blue eyes, and can portray a 'wild' natured character with subliminal excellence.

he is so handsome!
jonathan_rhys-meyers.jpg

and he is soo handsome tooo:
joaquin_phoenix.jpg

they both have the eyebrows for it :)

Great photos - oh yes! I think our beloved Morrissey would absolutely approve of our choice.

:)

:sweet:

thank you for such superb images to confirm let's say his . . . suitability.:thumb:

I'd say James Dean, but since that's not quite possible, I'll have to go with Joaquin Phoenix as well.

Actually, if I really had to cast someone, I'd go to Ireland and post a casting call - find NEW talent! :thumb:

JONATHAN RHYS-MEYERS

This is a good choice, too. I mean, he was good as a young Elvis. I think he could pull it off if he had to. I feel the same as you do, though - I don't know of any actors who are as beautiful and talented as Morrissey. That's why I'd have to look for someone new...

Blatantly this guy

489461301_635f2b305f.jpg

Hell. No. BTW, the guy at far right looks like a Joey impersonator.

Prime ~
58_1_daniel_day_lewis__q.jpg

Danny boy

I don't know if Day-Lewis could be "made down" to look young enough, but he's certainly a good enough actor to do Morrissey justice. Except that portraying Morrissey would require a fundamental understanding of Morrissey and I don't think anyone has that, not even Himself.

He has been looking quite Moz-esque recently.

Perhaps Joaquin Phoenix? There is a pretty strong resemblance, and he did his singing bit in Walk The Line. Although he did recently announce retirement.

images

Phoenix could do it, if the sacrilege of a Californian playing Morrissey could be borne.

The point is that resemblance in a still photograph is only a fragment of what is needed. We need to see how the actor comes alive as Morrissey.

But I'm not sure there should be a film about Morrissey. That's why there are albums. Just go listen to those, he put everything in there.

You know how Cate Blanchett did Dylan? How about an actress?
Morrissey thought so too, once upon alongago.
Suggested this female actor, long passed ~
234723.jpg

Dandy Nichols

My sister has been pestering the world with Dr. Who updates on Facebook. She said the new Dr. should play Morrissey. Any thoughts?

Well, sadly he's almost out of a job, isn't he? Hmmm, I quite like David Tennant, but I'm not sure he'd give Morrissey justice. He's got great hair, though!! :D

I'm not saying that he looks EXACTLY like him but I think this guy kinda resembles a young Morrissey, he just needs a little makeover and you can sorta see it. eh?

vampire-diaries56.jpg

301zu6h.jpg

Granny from Beverly Hillbillies would have been great. Since she's not around I would cancel the film.

wait, no.... Lil Wayne!

Back
Top Bottom