"World Peace..." - looks to chart in US in lower teens

Weird Al outselling Morrissey in the US by a factor of 5-6 to 1.

Early Numbers Show Weird Al Yankovic Headed For First Number 1 Next Week - Vintage Vinyl News (via Music-News.com)

Excerpt:

The other big release for the week, Morrissey's World Peace is None of Your Business, is looking to sell between 14,000 and 16,000 in the U.S., putting it in the lower teens. The album is currently vying for the number 1 spot in the U.K. with Ed Sheeran.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I’m told it’s a whole different ballgame on the West Coast (as we all already know). I have a friend who, after living there for a few years, despised Moz’s whole fan base. hahah

He does have fans in the midwest though he has ignored Milwaukee, WI since 2009. The midwest is different than the West Coast.

Tyke's full of gripe. No disrespect to Mr. Yankovich, but how can an entertainer known for song parodies outsell an international artist known for being the real deal? It's all about marketing and we all know the commercial media is corrupt and uses illegal marketing tactics. That's why Moz shouldn't care about chart ratings. It's all rigged up. We all know who #1 is.

Eliana Caught Ebola

:) Thanks! My youngest son wasn’t too thrilled, as you can see. We waited in line for quite a while actually. My wife was working that day so I figured it was something to do to pass the time. You could tell Weird Al was super burnt out as I believe this was his 9th book signing in 7 days or something but he was really nice and thanked us for coming out. But If i’d known then that he’d be Moz’s competition....

A percentage of the blame must go to both Harvest and Morrissey.

Staircase at the University should undoubtedly have been released as the lead single for this album as it sounds like a genuine hit.

Morrissey himself could also have done a lot more to promote the album.

However, I guess the States is only one of the territories that he is popular in and the total sales around the world might not sounds quite so unimpressive. Hopefully it will perform well enough for him to stay with Harvest for the second album anyway...

Do you think he has to deliver the next album by a certain date?

A percentage of the blame must go to both Harvest and Morrissey.

Staircase at the University should undoubtedly have been released as the lead single for this album as it sounds like a genuine hit.

Morrissey himself could also have done a lot more to promote the album.

However, I guess the States is only one of the territories that he is popular in and the total sales around the world might not sounds quite so unimpressive. Hopefully it will perform well enough for him to stay with Harvest for the second album anyway...

Here we go again. Oh woe is Morrissey.Poor Morrissey. The rich man who causes hypocritical controversy in the news .The one who lies.He is the one engaged in his business dealings. Not the people he whines to when he thinks he did not get enough publicity. I am sick of it .If you want to piss and moan about the album and it's rankings in the US perhaps you should look at his actions of the past few years. He has even driven some long time fans away. It's not everyone else's fault or responsibility to make excuses for this guy.He doesn't care about people anyway but likes to name drop when he has the chance. Yes, woe is Morrissey his whole life and the things he says are a LIE. I can't listen to excuses on his behalf anymore.

Here we go again. Oh woe is Morrissey.Poor Morrissey. The rich man who causes hypocritical controversy in the news .The one who lies.He is the one engaged in his business dealings. Not the people he whines to when he thinks he did not get enough publicity. I am sick of it .If you want to piss and moan about the album and it's rankings in the US perhaps you should look at his actions of the past few years. He has even driven some long time fans away. It's not everyone else's fault or responsibility to make excuses for this guy.He doesn't care about people anyway but likes to name drop when he has the chance. Yes, woe is Morrissey his whole life and the things he says are a LIE. I can't listen to excuses on his behalf anymore.

What an extreme response to a nothing post. :)

It is not being an apologist to Morrissey to say that releasing one strong and commercial single (as thousands of singers do) would have been a better idea than releasing 3 songs over consecutive weeks. The album has generally received very positive reviews so if it doesn`t sell then Morrissey AND the record company should share the blame.

You reap what you sow I suppose.
Take a look at the Billboard charts today http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200
Can he chart above the latest Neil Diamond Hits package, the CSNY 1974 deluxe issue, or Judas Priest's recent redux?
IMO the songs aren't really accessible, the song titles must have been plucked from a random song title generator, the album packaging and promotion are pathetic.
Does he have another Viva Hate or even Vauxhall in him at this stage in his career?

Morrissey has done nothing whatsoever to promote the album. It must be down to his health as I cannot see any other explanation....like....he does like at all the final product and does not give a toss about it all. But I honestly dont think that this is the case.....

Cheers Moz

Tyke's full of gripe. No disrespect to Mr. Yankovich, but how can an entertainer known for song parodies outsell an international artist known for being the real deal? It's all about marketing and we all know the commercial media is corrupt and uses illegal marketing tactics. That's why Moz shouldn't care about chart ratings. It's all rigged up. We all know who #1 is.

Eliana Caught Ebola

Yep. Ed Sheeran.

Eliana Caught Ebola
You honestly think this is impossible? It doesn't matter that he does song parodies, if people enjoy them they want to hear it. It makes no difference what it is if they are liked people will buy it, infact it's them sort of things that do sell well, daft songs always get a number one.

Last edited:
"... Looking to sell between 14,000 and 16,000 in the u.s., putting it in the lower teens."

a little perspective here - this means morrissey is in the top 20. How many artists aren't, and will never ever be, in the top 20? While you may think that these sales numbers are low, they're relative - any artist in the top 20 is still selling well relative to everything else. Many artists would be thrilled to land in the top 20 (and again, most never will). Think of how many great artists never got anywhere near a top 20.

The best buy exclusive bullshit isn't helping, the lack of promotional appearances isn't helping, the cancelled tour isn't helping ... But the album is very far from a "failure" by any realistic standard.

And all commercial considerations aside, it's a great f***ing album.

this...!!!

Currently at 17 on UK itunes chart...

56r4APB.jpg

P.

Ouch. Not looking good for the US. 'Years of Refusal' came in at #11, right?

Is charting in the lower teens bad? Wouldn't this be on the higher end of how his albums have charted in the US?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom