Morrissey Central "YOU KNOW I CANNOT LAST" (December 19, 2023)

Morrissey live 2023, photographs by Ryan Lowry

image.jpeg

0-10.jpeg

0-12.jpeg

0-1.jpeg

0-13.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
A Retirement statement perhaps?
I doubt it, not in the light of the performances arranged for early next year. I didn't know whether it was an arty comment beyond my understanding, a comment meant to hint at what you have suggested or just something to make us think. Whatever, I would have liked something more cheerful, but the photos are good.

he has hinted at retirement for well over a decade,wont happen till both these albums are out.
he is heading to 65 which is still young these days,the end is a good bit off yet.

I doubt it, not in the light of the performances arranged for early next year. I didn't know whether it was an arty comment beyond my understanding, a comment meant to hint at what you have suggested or just something to make us think. Whatever, I would have liked something more cheerful, but the photos are good.
It’s a Morrissey song!

No reference to the shows he cancelled without explanation...
No apology to the fans who were put out...
No acknowledgment of his latest tour ending on a very sour note...

What a lousy human being.

MORRISSEY needs to sack EVERYONE. This isn't some chump. This is Steven Patrick Morrissey...one of the greatest lyricists and singers to ever grace this planet. He should be touring with the BEST band - and - have the BEST session musicians for studio work in the world.

Sixty Five is not old for most mortals. Maybe it is for Morrissey. It's certainly young as far as performers go these days. You've got Mick and Keith, both now eighty, out there recording and touring. I was blessed to see the legendary Ray Price live twice, , he was 93 at the time and he was funny, engaging and in fine voice. Age is just a number, not an excuse to explain away your repeated inability to be there for your long suffering fans when the curtain rises

This is a 'please feel sorry for me' for cancelling a bunch of shows because he couldn't be arsed.

Fantastic photos.

After the Quarry shows, a hiatus might be taken, with no less confidence about being Morrissey, for, you should not go to them. Let them come to you.

One of the big stumbling blocks is the digital data thimble-rigging that seems to be going on in the past couple of years. Whenever I search something like 'Morrissey tour 2023', I keep finding the headline 'Far-right sympathiser Morrissey' among the first results, no matter how I tweak key-words. One of the Australian show reviewers also noted the priority given to this one article, announcing his 40 Years of Morrissey tour, went with the headline: ‘Far Right Sympathiser Morrissey Announces 2023 Australian Tour.. I can't see how this item could keep being returned so near the top without digitech interference, but whose, and why?

In a recent interview, Jill Stein, head of US Green Party, says: "We face smear campaigns and get locked out of the press. We are the guys that their COINTELPRO type programs have not been able to eliminate. Most independent third parties in this country don’t last 10 years." - https://www.truthdig.com/articles/t...lose-on-his-own-an-interview-with-jill-stein/

These silencing liquidating tactics are a 'real thing' enforced against people who dare to voice questions about the roll-out of policies and schemes. Meta's Zuckerberg admitted to altering information on authority's requests. The Twitter files revealed similar. Morrissey is someone who has consistently challenged central practices that seem wrong and harmful to ordinary people: the type of trouble-making behaviour targeted.

Stein doubles down: We’re all [progressives] vilified for being spoilers. Even though the actual spoilers are the parties themselves who fail to really compete and fight for their base, which is why their base is walking away. That’s the problem, not progressives running for office. But that’s the way the public mythology goes. So, we’re vilified constantly in the press or locked out.

So Morrissey could sensibly step back, rest on laurels, smell the roses, watch some birds, avail of any tasty opportunities arising, act on whims, and let interest build up again under its own steam. There are more ways than one to last. And after all, there's only one Morrissey, who is always Christ-moz to us! 🎅 👼:flowers:

he has hinted at retirement for well over a decade,wont happen till both these albums are out.
he is heading to 65 which is still young these days,the end is a good bit off yet.
Exactly. OMD recently released their new album Bauhaus Staircase and it's their best since mid 80's Dazzle Ships. It's the best album of 2023 in my exalted opinion. Best album of 2022 was Suede's Autofiction.

Less ego trippin’, more humility and grace. Thanks.

Exactly. OMD recently released their new album Bauhaus Staircase and it's their best since mid 80's Dazzle Ships. It's the best album of 2023 in my exalted opinion. Best album of 2022 was Suede's Autofiction.

I’ve been to a couple of their live events recently, and they can really put on a show.

I was thinking about writing “the squalor of the mind” under my avatar this morning, so it’s a nice coincidence that Central has posted a caption for this post as You Know I Couldn’t Last. I’ll change that text under my avatar now.

Back
Top Bottom