You, Morrissey and sex

Morrissey and sex...

• Total voters

Ambrosia

Oh my sacred one...
I'd like to sum up what has appeared from another thread. Do you wanna vote?
Ps: it's a multiple choice poll, but I guess someone has already noticed it :).

Last edited:
Sorry,there's a mistake in one option (i'd don't:I wouldn't!), but I didn't notice and I can't edit I guess :(.

I just don't understand why so many of you are obsessed with his sexuality. Leave him alone...

Kewpie said:
I just don't understand why so many of you are obsessed with his sexuality. Leave him alone...

Infact my answer is I don't give a damn :). I'm curious to sum up his fans' ideas, as they are appearing in another thread (http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=62239&page=4, that's not mine) I'm not searching any truth. His sexual life isn't my affair at all and for me he is just a work or art and can do anything he likes :D. The question is more about the fans. Then, if you don't like the poll, never mind, but I really don't wanna hurt, offend, accuse anyone, let alone Moz. Believe me...

Last edited:
Ambrosia said:
Infact my answer is I don't give a damn :). I'm curious to sum up his fans' ideas, as they are appearing in another thread (http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=62239&page=4, that's not mine) I'm not searching any truth. His sexual life isn't my affair at all and for me he is just a work or art and can do anything he likes :D. The question is more about the fans. Then, if you don't like the poll, never mind, but I really don't wanna hurt, offend, accuse anyone, let alone Moz. Believe me...

Then you are a hypocrite. If you don't give a damn, how come you need to know other people's ideas? Don't justify your action because the more you defend yourself, the more you expose yourself as a hypocrite.

bikubesong said:
None of them, I believe Moz is neither straight, gay or asexual. Not you or me either;p

Yep, I like that theory. :)

It's all very well people saying it doesn't matter whichever way (and it doesn't), but I still have an interest in it...he's my hero, why should I not have an interest in this as well as all other aspects of his character?

Both Morrissey and the press have made his sexuality a matter of interest; the media with its obsessing, and Morrissey with his intriguing way of dealing with the press on this matter. If he had specified one way or another in the beginning, no-one would care.

Kewpie said:
Then you are a hypocrite. If you don't give a damn, how come you need to know other people's ideas? Don't justify your action because the more you defend yourself, the more you expose yourself as a hypocrite.

No, I'm not. I simply want to know how many people think exactly like me and how many think different. Some options (the first two) are here only because I was summing up every answers of the other thread. That's all. I wanna know more the fans, i don't wanna know more his sexuality. I just wanna count us. The other thread is sooo long :o.
Btw, I forget the option: "if he was married, I'd hate his wife." ;)
Anyway, I can't see why and where I should be hypocrite...
No need to justify, but I didn't want to polemize and I hoped not to find this kind of answers...If you don't want to believe I'm sincere, I only hope you'll give me time to prove you you're deadly wrong. Otherwise...what could I do?:(

Ambrosia said:
No, I'm not. I simply want to know how many people think exactly like me and how many think different. Some options (the first two) are here only because I was summing up every answers of the other thread. That's all. I wanna know more the fans, i don't wanna know more his sexuality. I just wanna count us. The other thread is sooo long :o.
Btw, I forget the option: "if he was married, I'd hate his wife." ;)
Anyway, I can't see why and where I should be hypocrite...
No need to justify, but I didn't want to polemize and I hoped not to find this kind of answers...If you don't want to believe I'm sincere, I only hope you'll give me time to prove you you're deadly wrong. Otherwise...what could I do?:(

Oh dear...now you say I'm deadly wrong! :eek: How am I wrong? Not taking part in your silly poll? I just stated a fact that you're a hypocrite.

It's obvious that there's no clear-cut answer of the question and if you really don't give a damn, you'd better boycott this.

Wilde is on my side said:
he's my hero, why should I not have an interest in this as well as all other aspects of his character?

This is v.interesting thing. This may be the point: he's not only an artist we like, but for most of us he's almost an hero. So a lot of persons maybe wanna know everything about him and so they're interested in his sexuality too. It's natural, you're right.
Sometimes I listen to some bands that's not my favourite ones and I even don't remember the name of the singer, so I'm surely not interested in his sexual life. Anyway also as a fan, I guess I'm a strange person, 'cause I've never bought a biography of my favourite artists for example. And sometimes I feel v. ashamed to admit I don't know much about the occasion a song was written for. I dunno why, I feel v. atypical :confused::eek: . Anyway, also when I read about a writer, a poet, etc., I can't remember v. well his biography, but I remember what he/she writes. :rolleyes:

Kewpie said:
Oh dear...now you say I'm deadly wrong! :eek: How am I wrong? Not taking part in your silly poll? I just stated a fact that you're a hypocrite.

It's obvious that there's no clear-cut answer of the question and if you really don't give a damn, you'd better boycott this.

Yes, I think you're wrong, 'cause I'm not hypocrite. I still can't understand why I should be. Could you come in the chat-room, so could you explain this to me, please?:confused:Most of the answers are about the fans. Read the ones about sex and the lyrics for example. It's a sociological curiosity. For example,I've re-watched recently a wonderful Pasolini's docu-film about Italians and sexual life with questions about divorce, sex, marriage and so on. It's a way to understand how the society we live in is like.

Last edited:
There's no point doing so. As far as I'm concerned, if you don't give a damn you won't start a poll/thread like this. I really don't give a damn. I simply state the fact that your craving for summerising the others' opinion about his sexuality is mobid and banal.

Like Wilde is on my side, I'm also very interested in Morrissey's character, but don't need to start a poll/thread in order to satisfy my curiosity.
I'd spend my precious time better than this.

Kewpie said:
There's no point doing so. As far as I'm concerned, if you don't give a damn you won't start a poll/thread like this. I really don't give a damn. I simply state the fact that your craving for summerising the others' opinion about his sexuality is mobid and banal.

Like Wilde is on my side, I'm also very interested in Morrissey's character, but don't need to start a poll/thread in order to satisfy my curiosity.
I'd spend my precious time better than this.

But no curiosity about Moz is satisfied by this poll. :) I could ask similar things about other artists, writers, persons(it's my fault, here,anywhere:I guess you read my answer before I edit it).I'm just curious to know fans' opinions about these thing. I still feel newbie here and I like sociological questions about any kind of society, even a fan community.

Last edited:
Kewpie said:

I think you're being quite harsh on poor Ambrosia.

First to say he/she is a hypocrite is illogical...There's a difference between not caring about Moz's sexuality, and not caring about people's opinions about Moz's sexuality. Ambrosia clearly cares about others opinions about Moz's sexuality while not caring about his ACTUAL sexuality. Doesn't seem hypocritical to me.

Also, I don't know why you care so much that we talk about Moz's sexuality...If you don't give a damn about Moz's sexuality, then why do you give a damn that we all talk about it? By your definition (not mine), that's somewhat hypocritical isn't it?

This is a fan forum...this is where these things are SUPPOSED to be talked about. We don't talk about them at the water cooler at work, we don't talk about them to Moz's friends, we don't talk about it anywhere else. It's not hurting Moz, and we can't exactly "leave him alone" because we're not bothering him in the first place. It's not damaging to him. We're interested in all aspects of Moz, and sexuality is one important aspect of all people, so we're naturally interested in that aspect of Moz. Moz himself has said that he doesn't care what others think about his sexuality. So why do you?

Last edited:
veradicere said:
I think you're being quite harsh on poor Ambrosia.

Thanks for everything you said. I agree. I'm adding a lot of silly things in my posts, probably, but I guess you've understood my intentions.
Ps: I'm a woman, so you can use "she" :).

Last edited:
You forgot one important choice: Morrissey himself isn't sure and can't label himself, which is why nobody else has been able to for over two decades.

King Leer said:
You forgot one important choice: Morrissey himself isn't sure and can't label himself, which is why nobody else has been able to for over two decades.

You're right. But the focus of my attention was the fans and there is the option "sex shouldn't be labelled" etc. Anyway, maybe it's different:some could think sex can be labelled sometimes, but think it's impossible to label Moz. So, it surely could be another option. Sorry, I've forgotten a lot of important things :).

Judging from his lyrics and what he's said in interviews I think the best guess is that he's probably bi-sexual but has genuine problems with expressing sexuality and engaging in intimate relations. I know he's often said that he is non-sexual and wants to live alone but one of the most crucial aspects of his lyrics is the agony that comes with unrequited love, suppressed desires and loneliness. I think the asexual thing is in part a form of self-defence and in part a conscious red herring to feed the mystique surrounding his sexuality. In a culture that's so obsessed with sex and especially talking about sex as our contemporary culture is, this is definitely one of the most interesting and exciting things about Moz as a public persona.

I hope it stays the same for the rest of his life. I'd definitely be happy for him if he eventually found love but there is no denying the fact that something would be irretrievably lost if he all of a sudden announced he was living in a relationship and talked about it openly.

Back
Top Bottom