Young at Heart Chorus sing Morrissey

Brel

Guttersnipe
I attended a Rufus Wainwright gig in Manchester last night. It was an invite only thing, so I had to get to The MIF (Manchester International Festival) Pavillion tent to collect my tickets. When I arrived the 'Young at Heart' chorus were playing it the big top, to quite a crowd. For an encore they did a cover of "Sing Your Life". For all the other songs the crowd sung along, however when they moved onto the Morrissey number, nobody seemed to know the words!

I attended a Rufus Wainwright gig in Manchester last night. It was an invite only thing, so I had to get to The MIF (Manchester International Festival) Pavillion tent to collect my tickets. When I arrived the 'Young at Heart' chorus were playing it the big top, to quite a crowd. For an encore they did a cover of "Sing Your Life". For all the other songs the crowd sung along, however when they moved onto the Morrissey number, nobody seemed to know the words!

Shame they didn't provide subtitles to sing-along. :p

Last edited:
cool, thanks for letting us know.
would be good to see a you tube clip if available.
one of Morrissey's very best songs. I'd love to see a bunch of 70/80 somethings covering Sing Your Life with its themes of mortality and the joys of singing. perfect!

How was the Rufus gig ?

How was the Rufus gig ?

It was amazing, as usual. It was really nice to see him play in such an intimate place. The acoustics in the Pavillion Tent Theatre are really good.

Rufus played a solo piano set, with his mother helping out on a few numbers. A short set lasting just over an hour, but I could have sat and listened to him all night.

I'm off to the new Opera on Friday. Mixed reviews, but I'll make my own mind up after I have been.

i was there! enjoyed it very much - someone had asked for a smiths song but he choir master said we can't do smiths but we can do a morrissey one - i think it's good they chose the song for the lyrics rather than just the most well-know one ...

saw rufus via screen in the bigger tent - went to the opera matinee on sunday - not so impressed with the music (but then opera is not my thing) but the set / lighting was fantastic - i'm sure you'll enjoy it

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WHMVEPO6

here's video of young at heart chorus doing sing you life - somewhat shaky - sorry was pretty far back but gives you some idea hopefully

first time i've tried using megaupload so hopefully it works

that was fantastic! very many thanks.
one of the best things I've seen on the internet in a very long time. loved their enthusiasm and the way they all took turns with the lead vocal.
really hope Moz gets to see.
genius!

Back
Top Bottom