Your Mozz live discography.

And you don't like what it means! :p

FYI, I have XX chromosomes.

I don't count clothes for work (suits and medical scrubs)or necessities like underwear. The last non-work clothes I bought were a pair of jeans for...get this...$3 at Old Navy in 2002. I still wear 'em. No wonder I look a mess.

That's cheap.

And you don't like what it means! :p

FYI, I have XX chromosomes.

I don't count clothes for work (suits and medical scrubs)or necessities like underwear. The last non-work clothes I bought were a pair of jeans for...get this...$3 at Old Navy in 2002. I still wear 'em. No wonder I look a mess.

But you do buy Morrissey-related clothes, don't you? ;)

But you do buy Morrissey-related clothes, don't you? ;)

Damnit, you caught me out! But I guess the occasional Moz concert tee can be considered "work clothes" ;). My job is to provide the occasion for Mozzer's witty putdowns. However, my wages end up as negative cashflow.

I buy a lot of Moz concert tees, but I rarely wear them. I either give them as gifts or they sit packed up and forgotten in the closet.

The pink shirt I'm wearing in my avatar is a NY Dolls shirt I bought during my flush years in the early noughties. That, too, was a steal. I think it was $6 or less. Yes, I am kissing Mozzer's hand there.

I tried to do this recently. I got to 30 something, and my wife just kept pointing out gigs I'd missed off the list.

For some reason I blank out the midlands??

I tried to do this recently. I got to 30 something, and my wife just kept pointing out gigs I'd missed off the list.

For some reason I blank out the midlands??

Maybe you are trying to repress something about the midlands that traumatises you. :p

It could help to look at the mozzolo tour details. For the tours prior to 1997, look at the concert bootleg lists on Passionsjustlikemine.com to help you tally your gigs.

But that's too much work, eh?

I was also moved to tally my gigs as a way to organise a tour memorabilia scrapbook I'm putting together. I've kept almost all the tickets (some guestlist entries do not have tickets), some flyers, and several setlists.

Maybe you are trying to repress something about the midlands that traumatises you. :p

It could help to look at the mozzolo tour details. For the tours prior to 1997, look at the concert bootleg lists on Passionsjustlikemine.com to help you tally your gigs.

But that's too much work, eh?

I was also moved to tally my gigs as a way to organise a tour memorabilia scrapbook I'm putting together. I've kept almost all the tickets (some guestlist entries do not have tickets), some flyers, and several setlists.

Well, the Midlands?

I've been analysed more than once, and it has always proved to be very hard work (for the Analyst!!). I'm married to a Midlands girl, so it can't be that deep rooted?

As for lists. Now you've hit a nerve. I am an obsessive list compiler, and I hate it. I always have a list in my pocket of "things to do", "things coming up" etc. Give me a pen, and I will start writing dates. Then there is the big one, money. I could tell you exactly how much is in my pocket at any time (£85 in notes, £3.60 in coins), how much I owe on my mortgage, the interest I pay on it daily (currently £1.09, decreasing) etc.. Hence, I do a nice sideline in accounts.

However, when it comes to the special things in life, I strive to abandon all that and 'just go with it'. If I start feeding "lists", I shudder to think of the consequences?

Hence you will see some sketchy posts from me, where I would rather rely on a dodgy memory that Wiki or Google.

1991 Gloucester Leisure Centre
1992 Bristol Colston Hall
1995 Aston Villa Leisure Centre
1995 Cardiff St Davids Hall
1995 Bristol Colston Hall
1995 Cardiff International Arena (supporting Bowie!?!?)
1999 Swansea Brangwyn Hall
2002 London Royal Albert Hall 1st night
2004 Manchester MEN Arena
2004 Blackpool Empress Ballroom
2004 Birmingham National Indoor Arena
2006 Amsterdam Heineken Music Hall
2006 Llandudno Clwyd Theatre
2006 Manchester Apollo
2006 Manchester Opera House
2006 Manchester Bridgewater Hall
2006 Cardiff St Davids Hall
2006 Cheltenham Town Hall
2006 London Palladium (final night) - best Moz gig ever, perhaps
2006 Benicassim Fiberfib
2008 Lille Aeroneuf
2008 London Camden Roundhouse 1st night

I think I've seen him too many times. Aborted attempts include Glastonbury and Madstock 1992 and also Wembley Arena 1991, which wasn't his fault but mine (and my mothers! Again!!)

20 July 1991 - Wembley arena, London
14 December 1992 - Newcastle City Hall
19 December 1992 - Alexandra Palace, London
17 February 1995 - Newcastle City Hall
4 December 1999 - Hartlepool Borough Hall (the best Morrissey concert I've been to)
7 September 2004 - Newcastle City Hall
30 April 2006 - Gateshead Sage
4 December 2006- Newcastle arena
8 December 2006 - Wembley arena, London
1 February 2008 - Sunderland Empire

I also had tickets for the two cancelled Roundhouse dates :(, and the Newcastle concert on the Bowie tour in 1995.

20 July 1991 - Wembley arena, London
14 December 1992 - Newcastle City Hall
19 December 1992 - Alexandra Palace, London
17 February 1995 - Newcastle City Hall
4 December 1999 - Hartlepool Borough Hall (the best Morrissey concert I've been to)
7 September 2004 - Newcastle City Hall
30 April 2006 - Gateshead Sage
4 December 2006- Newcastle arena
8 December 2006 - Wembley arena, London
1 February 2008 - Sunderland Empire

I also had tickets for the two cancelled Roundhouse dates :(, and the Newcastle concert on the Bowie tour in 1995.

I have to agree with you about Hartlepool. It was a belter. The whole setting was perfect, out at the Headland in December. So bleak.

I remember having a pint in a pub near the Borough Hall. A fisherman was sat there next to an alcoholic woman and an amputee. It was like a Mike Leigh film. As the pub got busy, the landlord sent the landlady back to cash in and make some sandwiches to sell. Sure enough, she came back with a plate full of sandwiches and a sign "Ham Sandwiches £1.50". They looked completely baffled when nobody took them up on their offer!

An interesting thread for once. Interested to see the mix of fans who have been there since the early Smiths and solo days plus the ones who have only been going since 2004. Here's my listing in case anyone is interested.......

1995 - Brixton Academy
1997 - Battersea Power Station
1999 - Kentish Town Forum x 3
2002 - Royal Albert Hall x 2
2002 - Brixton Academy
2004 - Royal Festival Hall x 3
2004 - Brighton Centre
2006 - London Palladium (first night)
2006 - Oxford New Theatre
2006 - Wembley Arena
2008 - Lille Aeroneuf

The pink shirt I'm wearing in my avatar is a NY Dolls shirt I bought during my flush years in the early noughties. That, too, was a steal. I think it was $6 or less. Yes, I am kissing Mozzer's hand there.
Mel, do you have a shaved head in your avatar pic or has my eyesight finally gone?

2006 Nov 21 - Aragon Ballroom, Chicago
2007 Feb 1,2,3 - Pasadena Civic Auditorium, Pasadena, CA
2007 May 20 - Murat Center, Indianapolis, IN
2007 May 22 - The Pageant, St. Louis, MO
2007 July 10 - Tennessee Theatre, Knoxville, TN
2007 July 19 - Alabama Theatre, Birmingham, AL
2007 July 20 - Chastain Park, Atlanta, GA
2007 July 21 - House of Blues, Myrtle Beach, SC
2007 September 29 - Santa Barbara Bowl, Santa Barbara, CA
2007 October 5,6 - Hollywood Palladium, Hollywood, CA
2007 October 17 - Genessee Theatre, Waukegan, IL
2007 October 19 - Royal Oak Music Theatre, Royal Oak, MI
2007 October 20 - Star Plaza Theatre, Merrillville, IN
2007 October 26,27,28 - Hammerstein Ballroom, New York, NY
2007 November 4 - Peace Center, Greenville, SC
2007 November 5 - The Tabernacle, Atlanta, GA
2008 January 25 - The Roundhouse, London, UK

I also had tickets for the 26th and 27th at the Roundhouse.

Mel, do you have a shaved head in your avatar pic or has my eyesight finally gone?

No, I don't have a shaven head there, just very short dykey hair. My hair blends in with the darkness, and my head was bent far down to kiss his hand.

My two thoughts at the time were, I wish I were wearing nicer shoes/clothing ("Oh, how do I feel about my shoes?" -- getting onstage was not planned), and I wish I could've wiped off my gooey lip gloss before getting onstage. Maybe it was alright about the lipgloss because he didn't seem to mind and later I saw him sniffing his hand where I had kissed him.

Last edited:
Well, the Midlands?

I've been analysed more than once, and it has always proved to be very hard work (for the Analyst!!). I'm married to a Midlands girl, so it can't be that deep rooted?

You don't say! And your marriage to a Midlands woman doesn't explain everything to you? :p

As for your compulsive list-making and tallying, you're not an accountant rampant, are you?

No, I don't have a shaven head there, just very short dykey hair. My hair blends in with the darkness, and my head was bent far down to kiss his hand.

My two thoughts at the time were, I wish I were wearing nicer shoes/clothing ("Oh, how do I feel about my shoes?" -- getting onstage was not planned), and I wish I could've wiped off my gooey lip gloss before getting onstage. Maybe it was alright about the lipgloss because he didn't seem to mind and later I saw him sniffing his hand where I had kissed him.

Mel, can you post the large pic of your avatar? You've totally intrigued me now! In my head, I see Moz kneeling down and someone kissing his hand, but to me it looks like someone bald, wearing glasses. :confused:

That is so cute...he sniffed his hand! :eek:

edit: omg I think I've finally realized the thing I think is the bald head is actually your back/pink shirt. For the longest time I've thought I was looking at a bald person w/glasses kissing Mozza's hand!!!

I missed you! Didn't see you on the 25th. :(

I know! :( I saw you from a distance at the rail. I was 2nd row on the right hand side.

My husband came with me for the very first time ever to see Moz that weekend, so I was being a good wife and didn't queue. Hubby was watching from the bar area b/c he couldn't handle the crush of the crowd :rolleyes:, so I ran off to find him after in the melee and never got the chance to say hi to you. :( I was obviously hoping maybe we'd be back at the Roundhouse on Saturday or Sunday but alas...

2006 - Portsmouth Guildhall
2006 - Wembley
2008 - Camden: First Night (Had a ticket for the 6th night too, but ah well)

Not enough. I wish I could afford to go to more.

at last i am born.my son my son.
1987 newport arena. the smiths
1995 st davids hall cardiff.morrissey
1995 brixton academy morrissey
2004, earls court, morrissey
2006 st davids hall, morrissey

earls court was vile and i saw gavin henson eating a hamburger. brixton academy was great and so was the last cardiff gig.

Back
Top Bottom