Andy Rourke Denies Involvement in “Classically Smiths” Concerts - Pitchfork

The plot thickens. Is Andy in or out? This just posted on Pitchfork

Andy Rourke Denies Involvement in “Classically Smiths” Concerts - Pitchfork
Rep claims promoter fabricated quote from Rourke in press release

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 11.17.00 AM.png

The Smiths' Andy Rourke Denies Involvement in Orchestral Concerts - Rolling Stone. Link posted by Famous when dead
"At no time did I give my consent for anyone in connection with this Classically Smiths project to act on my behalf," bassist says

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey little boy - because that's all you are isn't it? A little boy. Except you're not a very brave little boy are you? You haven't even got the guts to post with a user name on an internet forum. Do you know who came up with the name Joyce Michael? It was a chap called Steven Morrissey. If you don't like the name Joyce Michael, do you want to direct your complaints to Morrissey himself for inventing it?
And if you want to swear at me, be a brave little boy, register with the site, and we can have a proper discussion like grown ups. I can then read your posts and see what views you have, and we can exchange views from an equal position. Except you haven't got the guts for that, have you little boy? Swearing at someone on the internet from the safety of an anonymous account? The bravest thing you've done in you life?

Get a grip.

He is what he is....

A BROKEN MAN.

Yep. A multimillionaire, but surely if he could turn back the clock he'd give it all up if only he could have a pint with Morrissey and chat about the Mainstream Media and the Muslims.

Yep. A multimillionaire, but surely if he could turn back the clock he'd give it all up if only he could have a pint with Morrissey and chat about the Mainstream Media and the Muslims.

Not true, they could talk about anything.

But even Morrissey & Marr can't turn back time for Joyce to correct his missteps, now all that Joyce has is money, family....

A BROKEN MAN if ever there was one.

<.

Apparently, any attempt to bring anything Smiths related into the light of day holds the same fate as that of the Spinal Tap drummer:

ImaginarySpicyAdder-max-1mb.gif

Not true, they could talk about anything.

But even Morrissey can't turn back time for Joyce to correct his missteps, now all that Joyce has is money, family....

A BROKEN MAN if ever there was one.
May I ask if Mike Joyce has done anything to you personally? I find this situation kind of funny because he's kind of a Charlie Brown-ish character, always chasing after that football, only to take a kick at it and end up flat. There's something almost endearingly comedic about the chronically luckless. I have nothing against him personally. His dealings with the Smiths were between the Smiths and I don't see the point in piling on with repetitive statements about being a Broken Man. For all we know, he's as dumb as a post, which leads to some degree of happiness in life, usually.

May I ask if Mike Joyce has done anything to you personally? I find this situation kind of funny because he's kind of a Charlie Brown-ish character, always chasing after that football, only to take a kick at it and end up flat. There's something almost endearingly comedic about the chronically luckless. I have nothing against him personally. His dealings with the Smiths were between the Smiths and I don't see the point in piling on with repetitive statements about being a Broken Man. For all we know, he's as dumb as a post, which leads to some degree of happiness in life, usually.

May I ask if Morrissey has done anything to you personally? I have nothing against him personally. His dealings with the Smiths were between the Smiths and also what he does in his own band, says in interviews, etc is his own business and I don't see the point in piling on with repetitive statements about how he should play his own songs, say or not say in interviews, or criticize what he pays his band members to do,etc,ETC. For all we know, he sticks to his guns, does what he wants, which all leads to some degree of happiness in life.

:tiphat:

May I ask if Morrissey has done anything to you personally? I have nothing against him personally. His dealings with the Smiths were between the Smiths and also what he does in his own band, says in interviews, etc is his own business and I don't see the point in piling on with repetitive statements about how he should play his own songs, say or not say in interviews, or criticize what he pays his band members to do,etc,ETC. For all we know, he sticks to his guns, does what he wants, which all leads to some degree of happiness in life.

No, Morrissey hasn't done anything to me personally, so I tend to stick to opinions on the art he makes and statements he makes. I don't think "What a ginormous turd! It's indicative of being a horribly broken man! I hope he stubs his little toe really hard on the next piece of furniture he passes by barefoot!"

I think "Gee. I don't like seeing Morrissey act like a boring old bastard down at the pub shaking his newspaper and bitching about politics to no one in particular. I sure wish he'd figure out his situation though, because it didn't look very good last year, and he even managed to torpedo his own release at the tail end of another mini wilderness years era. Maybe he needs better P.R."

No, Morrissey hasn't done anything to me personally, so I tend to stick to opinions on the art he makes and statements he makes. I don't think "What a ginormous turd! It's indicative of being a horribly broken man! I hope he stubs his little toe really hard on the next piece of furniture he passes by barefoot!"

I think "Gee. I don't like seeing Morrissey act like a boring old bastard down at the pub shaking his newspaper and bitching about politics to no one in particular. I sure wish he'd figure out his situation though, because it didn't look very good last year, and he even managed to torpedo his own release at the tail end of another mini wilderness years era. Maybe he needs better P.R."

regardless of how I'm doing it, are you asking me why I'm criticizing Joyce?

And if you are asking me that, can you tell me why you and others(regardless of how you or others do it) criticize Morrissey ?

regardless of how I'm doing it, are you asking me why I'm criticizing Joyce?

And if you are asking me that, can you tell me why you and others(regardless of how you or others do it) criticize Morrissey ?

Because you insist he's an all caps broken man over and over and it's a little goofy? I criticize Morrissey for things related to his career, and his politics, because God knows they are more muddled than a mojito, but not his personality. WHO he is in his daily life doesn't affect me.

And I suppose now you'll hit me with the "Why do you come here if you don't like Morrissey?" stick, to which i have to say because I like a lot of the folks who post here and Morrissey, regardless of what he's doing, is fascinating. I don't know Morrissey, so I can't say that I'd like or dislike him, but as a consumer of his art, I am entitled to a subjective opinion on it. I have opinions on plenty of bands. Not just M.

Because you insist he's an all caps broken man over and over and it's a little goofy? I criticize Morrissey for things related to his career, and his politics, because God knows they are more muddled than a mojito, but not his personality. WHO he is in his daily life doesn't affect me.

And I suppose now you'll hit me with the "Why do you come here if you don't like Morrissey?" stick, to which i have to say because I like a lot of the folks who post here and Morrissey, regardless of what he's doing, is fascinating. I don't know Morrissey, so I can't say that I'd like or dislike him, but as a consumer of his art, I am entitled to a subjective opinion on it. I have opinions on plenty of bands. Not just M.

'Because you insist he's an all caps broken man over and over and it's a little goofy?'

As 'goofy' as all of the Bummieboy, Benny, and other redundant hater posts ?

'I criticize Morrissey for things related to his career, and his politics, but not his personality.'

It's funny how you separate the two. Does not someones personality and what they do in their private life not shape their creative life and things they say in public?

And I'd love to criticize Joyce's career, that's if he had one. :lbf: :cool:

A BROKEN MAN INDEED.

The devil will find work for idle hands...

and Classically Smiths was proof of this.

He is what he is....

A BROKEN MAN.

Ketamine, your views are based on nothing other than the fact to do not like anything that does not agree with your scary love of anything Morrissey and frankly you are staring to come across as a scary troll, on anything to do with Mike.

My views on the guy however, come from the number of times I bump into him in Altrincham. He is a lovely guy, who is more than happy with his lot. He has a nice house a lovely family and thoroughly enjoys his radio show and Dj ing.

So going forward, why not give us the facts on why you feel he is broken rather that looking rather demented with your capital letter ranting.

Ketamine, your views are based on nothing other than the fact to do not like anything that does not agree with your scary love of anything Morrissey and frankly you are staring to come across as a scary troll, on anything to do with Mike.

My views on the guy however, come from the number of times I bump into him in Altrincham. He is a lovely guy, who is more than happy with his lot. He has a nice house a lovely family and thoroughly enjoys his radio show and Dj ing.

So going forward, why not give us the facts on why you feel he is broken rather that looking rather demented with your capital letter ranting.

Ketamine Sun is...A BROKEN RECORD

She is to Morrissey as Susan Atkins, Linda Kasabian, and Patricia Krenwinkel were to Charles Manson.

Mike Joyce should be afraid, be very afraid.

But wait. That’s crazy. Why can’t a guy play a few gigs of songs he was involved in? Why does this lead to a threat of being excommunicated? Speaks to the nutty world and angry mind that is SPM.
Sad. And his art is no longer of interest to most either.

Guess you can do almost everything in life. But you must face the consequences of your actions. If someone reaches the point of disturbing the property of my mother's home I would be very upset with that person, too. And I couldn't befriend his friends, if they tolerate or excuse that behaviour. Maybe someone could react in a different way, supposing he is a cold blooded animal. But most people would be very upset.

If Mike wants to make some money...
He needs to find some gems in his '56 cassettes':

And sell, sell, sell...
As many would spend, spend, spend.
Plus, the court case would be entertaining :)
Regards,
FWD.

If Mike wants to make some money...
He needs to find some gems in his '56 cassettes':

And sell, sell, sell...
As many would spend, spend, spend.
Plus, the court case would be entertaining :)
Regards,
FWD.

I don't think there'd be any legal issue with Mike selling his tapes, depending on exactly what is on them. The only thing that's probably stopping him is the fact that he's absolutely f***ing loaded.

'Because you insist he's an all caps broken man over and over and it's a little goofy?'

As 'goofy' as all of the Bummieboy, Benny, and other redundant hater posts ?

'I criticize Morrissey for things related to his career, and his politics, but not his personality.'

It's funny how you separate the two. Does not someones personality and what they do in their private life not shape their creative life and things they say in public?

And I'd love to criticize Joyce's career, that's if he had one. :lbf: :cool:

A BROKEN MAN INDEED.

The devil will find work for idle hands...

and Classically Smiths was proof of this.

LOL, yeah what career? that of djing for a run at the pantry? and i laugh if he claims to be vegan or vegetarian or any of that stupid shit, he eats many different types of burgers, sometimes one after
the other: bacon burger, blackened burger, cheese and mushroom burgers....avocado burgers....philly burgers...triple wendy cheeseburgers... thick and juicy he prefers them.
he hoofs them down.

after coming into all that money hes broke again. LOL trying to get a former Moz fan to finance a orchestra smiths tour...:crazy:
a new low for this partiuclar inhabitant.:head-smack:

LOL, yeah what career? that of djing for a run at the pantry? and i laugh if he claims to be vegan or vegetarian or any of that stupid shit, he eats many different types of burgers, sometimes one after
the other: bacon burger, blackened burger, cheese and mushroom burgers....avocado burgers....philly burgers...triple wendy cheeseburgers... thick and juicy he prefers them.
he hoofs them down.

after coming into all that money hes broke again. LOL trying to get a former Moz fan to finance a orchestra smiths tour...:crazy:
a new low for this partiuclar inhabitant.:head-smack:
What is the 'Pantry' is it a music venue? I heard Mike Joyce is a DJ and broadcaster/presenter on the radio and sometimes he is a DJ at music venues/nightclubs. I don't know what else he does but I'm guessing he is still a drummer in bands, does adverts/commercials maybe and gives interviews/talks. I'm sure he is still able to make a living. I don't see him as a broken man.

Mike Joyce claims to be a strict vegetarian, he claims to lead a healthy lifestyle and even that he grows his own produce/veggies, he is a family man with a wife and children and he loves his football (Manchester City F.C.).

Tags
classically smiths
Back
Top Bottom