Morrissey Central "Bonfire of teenagers" (February 7, 2024)

Bonfire of teenagers

d3fa529138538c23d753d6aa2c653d890ee74f31.jpg

SER IG story:
sam_esty_rayner_photography-20240207-0001.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said, there are good parts to this place, which I'm here for. :) I can handle the toxicity, it's Morrissey I'm worried about. (I try not to worry for him since I don't know him personally.. I'm just a fan with empathy.)
Don’t worry, I highly doubt he spends his evenings scrolling through this.
He’s a big boy, he’s gone through a lot and had all sorts of nasty things hurled his way.

Like I said, there are good parts to this place, which I'm here for. :) I can handle the toxicity, it's Morrissey I'm worried about. (I try not to worry for him since I don't know him personally.. I'm just a fan with empathy.)
And the next "fan" with an overpowering mother complex for a more than grown man...seriously that must be Morrissey's hidden talent :tearsofjoy:

It pains me to see good loyal fans take this Central post as some sort of sign that BOT will now get released.
This changes nothing. Morrissey's reputation is as low as it can possibly be throughout the recording industry.
Worthwhile remembering there was one person only who botched BOT being released- Morrissey.

It was a f***ing diarrhea-imploded toilet, what's there to feel about ?
Yeah.. a shitty toilet with his unreleased record in it. Failed to mention that part, eh? I shouldn't have to explain how insulting that is.

Also.. I used the toilet thing as an example. What, you want me to just go around and collect all the insults from everyone on Solo? I will not waste my time on that. It'd be a large collection though.

Getting this released now could possibly make up for the recent cancellations, and the cover art isn't completely horrible I guess

He actually believes he's a victim of something, he has no world view other than his ego. Those graphic are ghastly.....if his quality control is at this level now, then that record needs to stay unreleased.

It pains me to see good loyal fans take this Central post as some sort of sign that BOT will now get released.
This changes nothing. Morrissey's reputation is as low as it can possibly be throughout the recording industry.
Worthwhile remembering there was one person only who botched BOT being released- Morrissey.
Our only mistake is we're hoping...

Hopefully the cryptic message means there's a good chance BOT will get the oxygen it deserves instead of another fire blanket thrown on it. We need some positive Moz news.

Yeah.. a shitty toilet with his unreleased record in it. Failed to mention that part, eh? I shouldn't have to explain how insulting that is.

Also.. I used the toilet thing as an example. What, you want me to just go around and collect all the insults from everyone on Solo? I will not waste my time on that. It'd be a large collection though.

You always act as if you have a savior complex coddling a 64 year old man who doesn't even know about you, let alone care about any of your repetitive, corny and self-centered moaning : pick me, choose me, love me !

didn't he already get dropped from capital? Moz said something about him having to buy the album back from the label.

...There is no point banning ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ because somebody somewhere might be offended if they heard it. Why waste time on other people’s mental incapacities? And where is Capitol’s support for the kids who were murdered in that Manchester bonfire on 22 May 2017? Although Capitol claims to be a label of ‘diversity’ it is very difficult to see their humanity. If you are only prepared to release music that draws people’s minds away from thinking then you are unfit for any contact with creative people. Songs are literary compositions, and writing music should be an unrestricted open form. It seems to me that Capitol Records cannot observe the possibility that their artists or their potential customers have ever thought. But silencing certain artists achieves nothing, and simply makes the bonfire burn taller and louder. The moral perspective at Capitol Records who is sitting like a hen on an egg on ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ is Michelle Jubelirer, who played no small part in removing ‘World Peace is None Of Your Business’ from the shelves in 2014 - determined that it could not sell or be heard. The same creeping culture of censorship at Capitol Records has taken place with ‘Bonfire Of Teenagers’, and the civic structure of Capitol now appears fascist. I still have hope in the music industry, but there are evidently several powerful faces within it that have no honest interest in music … and you follow them into the shadows at your peril.
MORRISSEY.

Back
Top Bottom