Morrissey Central "Bonfire of teenagers" (February 7, 2024)

Bonfire of teenagers

d3fa529138538c23d753d6aa2c653d890ee74f31.jpg

SER IG story:
sam_esty_rayner_photography-20240207-0001.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds exciting! I bet the hay days of Solo were a blast. So sad it's this way now. It seems everything lately is drown in politics, or at least trickled with politics.. bleh. Disgusting, stinky little trickles.
Sadly, every aspect of life now is politics, sexuality, people hating on each other because of their views, their sex, their religion, what they eat ffs. Its always been like this but now i think since Trump, Brexit, people are more polarised, no debate, just cancelling and calling people racist, sexist, blah blah blah. Its horrible.

Booyes.

Bonfire will eventually leak (maybe this year, maybe five years) and it will never get a proper release until a clearing house label like Rhino releases it as an accompanying disc to another one-off Greatest Hits package.

Also, it pains my heart to see how the quality control is now nonexistent.
If it hasn't leaked now, it never will until it's a few weeks from release

Hopefully Capitol still have the mastertape, and haven't copied over it with a recording of Gardener's Question Time, or something.

That awful photoshop picture of the crowd is so cheap looking, it reminds me of one of those rave posters you used to see on lamposts and stuck on walls, it makes me sad because in the past you could tell every little detail in posters or adverts and sleeves etc was thought about and executed with style and class.
I wish someone would take control and stop all this shit.

Another day, another vague and pointless post... why can't someone, SER or Morrissey, just write and either say 'following Michelle J.'s resignation, Morrissey is now meeting with the new CEO to discuss releasing the album...' or 'despite Michelle J.'s resignation, nothing changes and Morrissey still needs a label.' Really I don't think anything will have changed as BoT was only blocked due to the Miley Cyrus thing and Morrissey's own unwillingness to buy back the album. He's made a mountain out of a molehill and I doubt Capitol will want to work with him again. Happy to be wrong!
I agree with your post, and do also hope you are wrong...but the chance of anything like what you asked in beginning of your post began and ended in the year 1982.

Be well...

So true. You know when you read a story on Moz solo from 5 or 10 years ago and you wonder where have all the long term regular Moz Solo users disappeared to since then, never to grace us with their often funny and rarely spiteful insights. There are too many to mention.
yip the good old days,even viva hate who once sent me a photo of his arse when i thought i was speaking to a woman,yuk,ahh the good old days.

If it hasn't leaked now, it never will until it's a few weeks from release
remember ringleader leaked a few weeks before release,the last few have only leaked the day before probably due to people getting copies early,promo copies usually come with a watermark now so if its leaked you will know who leaked it and that might scare people into keeping their copies away from their laptops.

'Bonfire of Teenagers'

I'm a fan of Morrissey's solo stuff, but I do feel that his solo albums have crap titles - 'Viva Hate' - great title; 'Bona Drag' /'Your Arsenal' - s0-so. After that, I don't think there's any great titles, and most of them are rubbish. I'm looking at you, 'Beethoven Was Deaf', and you, 'Ringleader of the Tormentors', and you, 'Low in High School' etc.

Now that we've been discussing the release/non-release of 'Bonfire of Teenagers' for longer than The Smiths were together (nearly), I just wish he'd coined a better title for it.

Coz it's rubbish, Moz? You hear me? Rubbish!

I'm hoping this means that he has bought Bonfire back, or it was given to him. Maybe he can approach Capitol again, if he hasn't burned that bridge down.. I would,nt blame him if he didn't though. He still has the issue of not having a record label to release the music regardless... hopefully we will see something next year then??
Off topic. Your profile pic is too distracting... in a good way!

'Bonfire of Teenagers'

I'm a fan of Morrissey's solo stuff, but I do feel that his solo albums have crap titles - 'Viva Hate' - great title; 'Bona Drag' /'Your Arsenal' - s0-so. After that, I don't think there's any great titles, and most of them are rubbish. I'm looking at you, 'Beethoven Was Deaf', and you, 'Ringleader of the Tormentors', and you, 'Low in High School' etc.

Now that we've been discussing the release/non-release of 'Bonfire of Teenagers' for longer than The Smiths were together (nearly), I just wish he'd coined a better title for it.

Coz it's rubbish, Moz? You hear me? Rubbish!
It's a great title. Moz and The Smiths have been a huge part of teenage culture since the 1980s. And the iconography of both has often centred on teenage culture going back to the 50s and 60s. Why wouldn't Moz want to write a song about such a terrible event in Manchester that he feels was minimised? Is it because the title makes you uncomfortable? It's supposed to.

It's a great title. Moz and The Smiths have been a huge part of teenage culture since the 1980s. And the iconography of both has often centred on teenage culture going back to the 50s and 60s. Why wouldn't Moz want to write a song about such a terrible event in Manchester that he feels was minimised? Is it because the title makes you uncomfortable? It's supposed to.
gash i cant wait to hear bonfire in all its glory unless andy watt has recorded it underwater like rebels.

Back
Top Bottom