Morrissey Central "Bonfire of teenagers" (February 7, 2024)

Bonfire of teenagers

d3fa529138538c23d753d6aa2c653d890ee74f31.jpg

SER IG story:
sam_esty_rayner_photography-20240207-0001.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair it may be standard operating procedures to stick their fingers wherever they feel is necessary, they have a famous reputation for being sad ugly people that abuse what little power they have in their lives.
I was once yelled at by a midget TSA facist in LA for failing to declare that I had a tissue in my pocket.

View attachment 101415

Looks like a normal security check though.

He gets his facts wrong all the time & I don't think he did know he was going to face that level of backlash.

I think you should post under your own name & take the consequences.
Silly MOZI.
Doesn’t know what’s going on.

Listen to yourself, you daft old woman.

Looks like a normal security check though.

Great video. But doesn't Morrissey say he doesn't use a cell phone? You can clearly see terrible cell phone in those images...!!!!!? Ja Ja Moz!!! I never saw any photos, recorded images or anything where Morrissey is with a cell

WTF? Did that TSA agent just walk over to help him remove his bags from the conveyor? That’s pretty luxurious. 😉

Honestly, I can't bother caring about Morrissey's opinions on anything. He is paradoxical and quarrelsome just for the sake of it. I found his Autobiography pretentious and unimportant.

His ideas, whether good or bad, are never worth losing sleep over. :D
God, his autobiography! Can't he just say shit directly without being so f***ing pretentious. Imagine how boring it would be to chat with him at a party.

To hell with this talk of the Stones. I've never understood the "look at these guys, they're old but they have so much energy and still have the moves!" assessment of dotard rockers. I've loathed the Stones since the mid-80s as an embarrassment to their former glory, and I think Get Off the Stage is a terrific song.

I've also never cared for musicians who "get into it" with hand-clapping and dancing to please the crowd. Morrissey said of Lou Reed that he was "unimpressed with applause." That's much more dignified. Liam Gallagher was like that in the beginning. I knew Oasis was starting to lose it when Liam Gallagher would come out from behind the microphone to wave and whoop up the crowd and point at the cute girls. Cheesy. But when I saw them in 1994 he was frigid, stoic, and regal. I think contempt for one's fans is somehow attractive, so Morrissey's cancellations don't bother me. There's a hierarchy.
I literally disagree with every word you wrote. Obviously, anyone who doesn't understand how f***ing cool the Stones were/are...I could never have anything to do with that person. Sounds harsh but true.

Raging so high.

I recently read Lou Reed’s biography and was struck by how much his late career mirrors that of Morrissey. He was also always fighting with record company’s and always felt his later records were underappreciated and badly promoted.

I actually witnessed him play at Hop Farm festival very late in his career when Morrissey was headlining. He was uncompromising and played songs no one knew. Great artist.
Yeah, cuz playing songs that no one knows or wants to hear is cutting edge! Welp, he's dead now so no point in calling him a pretentious blowhard.

Last edited:
ash it wasnt always like this,on the day of a concert people would post all day about the build up from the town then the venue,all turned to shit when the politics started.
Although whenever politics got a look in, comments tended to more rapidly accumulate in past threads too.

I want him to record as much music as possible before he dies, we'll probably get to hear it one way or another. But his live performing days may be done.
Lulu's still touring at age 75. Taking a break to address a series of unfortunate incidents and accidents, and source new avenues that are supportive is fine.

I don't think he thinks of it that way.

If he was truly a terrible person he would be saying all the right things to gull his audience into giving him more money & adulation. That's what you do when you really don't care.

I think he's just chaotic because he has personal problems & the worst team on earth - who might be the only people who can cope with his personal problems - or - they gain something from keeping him in chaos.
That's harsh. You're not factoring in the bad luck of Miley leaving him high and dry, music management being uncooperative before being axed, the record company siding with Miley, getting accustomed to a new band, mean press write-ups

I'm not done with him exactly - but there's nothing you can do if the problem is family.

They want him to be NF MAGA - they're going to have to sell the tickets, the merch & the music.
I downvote you here, friend, since this is what you do to those who say similar. I suggest re-reading what you write to see how it comes across, because your very frequent criticisms often come across as the most extreme of all.

I recently read Lou Reed’s biography and was struck by how much his late career mirrors that of Morrissey. He was also always fighting with record company’s and always felt his later records were underappreciated and badly promoted.

I actually witnessed him play at Hop Farm festival very late in his career when Morrissey was headlining. He was uncompromising and played songs no one knew. Great artist.
I was at Hopfarm too. Cracker of a day's shows!

Yep definitely for Morrissey for the time being, although I've been motivated to buy tickets for James at Lytham and The O2, Echo & The Bunnymen x 2 in Manchester, New Order, Johnny Marr, The Stranglers and Buzzcocks so far this year, so plenty of good nights to look forward to.
You post so often about Johnny Marr and his buddies that you cannot yet be aware of at least one fan-site dedicated to him - https://johnnymarrvellous.com/interviews/johnny.php ,
since otherwise you'd surely spend your time there with your heroes, instead of using them (or being used by them) to score points against Morrissey.

That's harsh. You're not factoring in the bad luck of Miley leaving him high and dry, music management being uncooperative before being axed, the record company siding with Miley, getting accustomed to a new band, mean press write-ups
Moz was told not to mention miley's involvement in the song, but he did anyway. All he had to do was keep quiet.

Although whenever politics got a look in, comments tended to more rapidly accumulate in past threads too.

Lulu's still touring at age 75. Taking a break to address a series of unfortunate incidents and accidents, and source new avenues that are supportive is fine.

I downvote you here, friend, since this is what you do to those who say similar. I suggest re-reading what you write to see how it comes across, because your very frequent criticisms often come across as the most extreme of all.

You post so often about Johnny Marr and his buddies that you cannot yet be aware of at least one fan-site dedicated to him - https://johnnymarrvellous.com/interviews/johnny.php ,
since otherwise you'd surely spend your time there with your heroes, instead of using them (or being used by them) to score points against Morrissey.
Yep I follow all the bands I like on various forums. As for scoring points against Morrissey, you must have missed the pictures and thoughts I’ve posted from the many Morrissey gigs I’ve attended, likewise I will call him a arsehole when he cancels on me on the morning of a gig.

Wasn't Prince one of the headliners at Hop Farm that year too? I remember thinking what a top line up it was. I thought it was Moz , Prince and Lou for the 3 nights??

Wasn't Prince one of the headliners at Hop Farm that year too? I remember thinking what a top line up it was. I thought it was Moz , Prince and Lou for the 3 nights??
Yes, Prince headlined on Sunday.

Morrissey on the Saturday, which had the best festival line-up ever: Magazine, Tim Booth, Patti Smith, Lou Reed and Iggy and the Stooges, in that order. Then Morrissey came on. Magical day!

Yes, Prince headlined on Sunday.

Morrissey on the Saturday, which had the best festival line-up ever: Magazine, Tim Booth, Patti Smith, Lou Reed and Iggy and the Stooges, in that order. Then Morrissey came on. Magical day!
Wow, were you there Thewlis? Lucky you.
For a Moz and Prince fanatic like me that is a perfect line up. Plus Lou and Iggy, top.

I still care enough to check online about him from time to time but I don't give a damn about BOT or WMTWD. We've all heard most of the songs anyhow. Being into The Smiths and Morrissey is a bit like having Hepatitis; you can get through it but it will never completely leave you 100%.
Age has taught me to be less snooty about music. I've just heard Status Quo's Something About You Baby I Like for the first time in years and it struck me as wholly enjoyable. Super melodic and catchy, let's be honest it pisses all over Marr's solo stuff and indeed anything that Moz and JM have championed in the past, from Patti Smith and Sandie Shaw to Iggy Pop and the New York Dolls.
Seriously people, stop giving a toss about Morrissey and Marr and listen to the Quo.
They're just as valid as any other group out there.
I great great enjoyment and 'end of the week comfort' from listening to Krautrock groups like Tangerine Dream, Adelbert Von Deyen, Klaus Schulze, Robert Schroeder and other bands like OMD and Depeche Mode, New Order, Vangelis. I rarely play Smiths/Moz or need to be in a certain mood. All those electronic/synth bands would be despised by Moz but I don't care.

I downvote you here, friend, since this is what you do to those who say similar. I suggest re-reading what you write to see how it comes across, because your very frequent criticisms often come across as the most extreme.

I just don't see a way around his management.

When did I say listening to Morrissey made me an intellectual? All I'm saying is that a person who makes great art is superior to a person who can't. On this forum we have people whining about Morrissey's cancellations, demanding "sing for me, singer! I paid you! Sing!" If you invert the formula like that, then art is reduced to a mere commodity, and you would never get the Smiths and Morrissey in the first place. Fortunately not everyone is in it for the money.
He's in it only for the money. Present day Morrissey cannot write a decent song. I've said many times that pretty much anyone here can write better lyrics than the garbage that he has foisted upon us recently. Also, anyone who is far right is the opposite of intellectual. I wouldn't let you murderer loving cretins shine my shoes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom