Both Quarry anniversary events cancelled (January 25, 2024)

Tomorrow's show in Anaheim is canceled according to Ticketmaster :(

LA show is still on for now...

Posted by SOSB:

27th is cancelled as per Kia Forum twitter.

Links posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
No his lyrics explain very much about the person he is. If you would have paid any attention you could have easily done without the faux outrage.

Grow up, be a man and close your mealy mouth ;)
There is no outrage, faux or otherwise. There is only concern and disappointment. And no, the lyrics do not cut it in the real world. You don’t know him, neither do I. But I suspect that the thousands of mistreated fans might want him to try to explain and that a sincere apology could go a long way.

It is tempting to speculate that there is a part of Morrissey that, either consciously or unconsciously, wants his career to end this way. It comes up as a theme in several songs, although always hard to know if Moz is singing about himself or someone else, and his greatest hero, Oscar Wilde, is the patron saint of career self destruction. When I read the last line of The Outsider by Albert Camus, about the fate of Meursault, it always makes me think about Morrissey:

And so for it all to be finished, for me to feel less alone, my final wish is that there is a large crowd of spectators on the day of my execution, and that they greet me with cries of hatred.
One of my all time favorite novels.

Didn't he have a year off touring in 1996? He doesnt have to tour constantly. Get some rest and write some songs instead.
The difference now from 94/96/98/01/05/2010 is he’s nearly 65. Time takes its toll. He’s made some poor decisions over recent times, which is not nice to see. But he repeats these over and over. 😭

Bimey - even the sycophants are starting to drift from the Dodwell party line. But really - what's the point of some fake apology from Morrissey? He doesn't care about the fans. He never has. They are just there to blindly adore him and feed his ego. Personally I'm glad they've stopped with the BS 'random crew/band member fallen ill' fake news that they used to trot out on these occasions.
I think you're right, I think any apology would be insincere.
The time I saw him when he walked offstage after just a few songs in Boston, I could not believe the callousness with which he did it. Not a word from him, just turned around and walked off. That is when I realized he doesn't care about anyone who shows up for him. He sent out some roadie, who looked to be about 14 to tell us he was not coming back out. People were kicking the seats, stomping. chanting, calling his name - he would not come back out and say anything. Finally someone else came out with a rescheduled date.

I think the scariest facet of all of this, going back to last year, is fans allowing/forgiving him for not saying a word or acknowledging fans who have become severely out of pocket and/or accomodation due to these eleventh hour announcements.

“Thank you! I love you!”

“Don’t forget me!”

Management: “Hey, Ganglord - I mean, boss, shouldn’t we put up a statement or two and make these life-long fans feel somewhat better about themselves?”

M: “f*** off. By the way, did you post my words about those obituaries?”
Best and most accurate summing up yet.

he is as well retiring as he cant fulfill shows on a regular basis now which means more and more people will not buy tickets for future shows,its a revolving door,i actually thought that these could have been very special.

ryan you can leave yer camera in the hoose now unless you want to take a photo of the bins at the honda centre.
Weren't you the guy who said his career was "going strong!" What now, little man?

Moz- get new management old bean. I was lucky enough to see Moz in the UK and USA last year and when he's there on the stage, for me as a solo arist he's better than seeing him in The Smiths. I mean, 'Darling' live is a grammy performance if it was most other mainstream artists.
Why doesnt he do a tv 'Elvis 68 style' special? I didnt get the 'global' Quarry promo as clearly it wasnt to be shown worldwide in cinemas etc to an audience of three in the local fleapit.
Management have a lot to answer for. He is not unmanageable contrary to popular belief. Difficult, but not unmanageable. His legacy is one ofvariance and challenges. Let's hope the cancellations are not for more serious reasons.
The fans are again let down. The band may be livid and I imagine one or two may think they'll move on. We don't know.
A massive year ahead where work has to done to save his diminishing reputation. Days of responding personally to letters are long gone- the personal connection may need rebuilding now as this cancellation has really pissed people off- significantly those not going it seems. People now only buy tickets the day before as inevitably we purchase to only improve our chances of seeing him, he doesnt come with a guarantee now. Yet he remains the only one I can be bothered to buy in to these days, even now.

I am going to be vague because I don't want any of the hardcores hunting people down. I read on social media, someone talking about this, they have a friend who works at one of these venues who knew days ago that the show at that venue was canceled. Take that as you will.

Weren't you the guy who said his career was "going strong!" What now, little man?
when,you will need to provide more evidence than this.
why would i say its going strong when he doesnt have a record deal,rayguns report card,must do better.

It's really bad, when even the support act knew it was coming (they said it in their statement and they never seriously promoted the gig, just as if they knew that it was lacklustre from the beginning, which they kinda also stated).
It's even more bad, when even the long time super fans begin to complain about your behaviour and demand an explanation.
He seemingly lost the support of otherwise devoted LA.
Something must be seriously wrong with him. I don't believe that's just because of the people around him. No. It has to be him and the people around either are slimy leeches or they shield whatever is happening behind the scenes. Come on, nobody will take him seriously ever again. He hasn't got the charm, the looks, the relevance anymore to let people forget this kind of behaviour.
Damon seems to be a long time constant factor in his life, whatever he is to him. I wonder what he does/thinks about this. Somebody must be around to talk sense into him. How can they all let this happen?

On the other hand, as stated in this thread already with the Grant Showbiz snippet, a lot of predisposition for this kind of behaviour have been in place for a long time. Somebody on here posted the link to the Moz bits in Sandie Shaw's biography a few weeks ago and what stood out to me was that she said, that after the Smiths she felt for him, because she thought he didnt understand how to make/keep friends and therefore had lot of advisors around him, with not his best interest at heart. She said, they were terrible and made things worse and that he needed a real friend. Exactly the same thing that seems to be the case today. Very very sad.

Moz- get new management old bean. I was lucky enough to see Moz in the UK and USA last year and when he's there on the stage, for me as a solo arist he's better than seeing him in The Smiths. I mean, 'Darling' live is a grammy performance if it was most other mainstream artists.
Why doesnt he do a tv 'Elvis 68 style' special? I didnt get the 'global' Quarry promo as clearly it wasnt to be shown worldwide in cinemas etc to an audience of three in the local fleapit.
Management have a lot to answer for. He is not unmanageable contrary to popular belief. Difficult, but not unmanageable. His legacy is one ofvariance and challenges. Let's hope the cancellations are not for more serious reasons.
The fans are again let down. The band may be livid and I imagine one or two may think they'll move on. We don't know.
A massive year ahead where work has to done to save his diminishing reputation. Days of responding personally to letters are long gone- the personal connection may need rebuilding now as this cancellation has really pissed people off- significantly those not going it seems. People now only buy tickets the day before as inevitably we purchase to only improve our chances of seeing him, he doesnt come with a guarantee now. Yet he remains the only one I can be bothered to buy in to these days, even now.
That's the rub. It's an abusive relationship - when he's good, it's transcendental. You keep going back (well, some of us do).

I think you're right, I think any apology would be insincere.
The time I saw him when he walked offstage after just a few songs in Boston, I could not believe the callousness with which he did it. Not a word from him, just turned around and walked off. That is when I realized he doesn't care about anyone who shows up for him. He sent out some roadie, who looked to be about 14 to tell us he was not coming back out. People were kicking the seats, stomping. chanting, calling his name - he would not come back out and say anything. Finally someone else came out with a rescheduled date.
That sucks. There is no excuse for not doing your own dirty work of informing the crowd especially when it's a decision he's made himself that a normal band or artist would not have thought twice about. Most of the things he seems to desert the stage for are things most people would just ignore/work through. And I think he knows that. It's astounding quite how selfish he actually is.

No but not surprised or outraged as some here seem to be.
I mean he cancelled 330 shows before, are we really surprised about number 331 and 332?

And then the usual 'it's over now', 'this is the end' drama queens, hilarious :lbf:
So your solution is to spit in the face of his dwindling fanbase? Empathy is impossible for sociopaths. Did you know that?

So your solution is to spit in the face of his dwindling fanbase? Empathy is impossible for sociopaths. Did you know that?
Well, he definitely is a sick and twisted individual, he never claimed otherwise, did he?
You can call that what you want. That's fine with me.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom