ENOUGH!

• Thread starter Bored At Unemployment
  • Start date
B

Bored At Unemployment

I do believe Colleen posted something similar a while back, but apparently, not enough people were listening, so:

Here's the deal. People here tend to get pretty riled up over some pretty stupid shit. Exhibit A: The 'Internetters' thread. Maybe there are some things that people don't realize.

1. This forum is for the discussion of opinions.
2. If people weren't allowed to state their opinion, there would be no point to this forum.

If you can't disagree with someone else's opinion without posting a nasty response, either click off, or go join morrisseymusic's forum, because that behaviour is more their style.

Please also keep in mind: people are going to talk about Morrissey, Andy, Alain, Julia, Jesus, and whomeverelsethef*** negatively sometimes. Now, I don't know if some of you are under the impression that you are these people's Personal Internet Saviors, and that if you properly cyber-avenge their reputation, they'll somehow find out and fall in love with you and make lots and lots of babies, well... not so.

These people are up for discussion here, and as such, not all of it is going to be agreeable with everyone. Which is all fine and good. But keep in mind that these people do not come to these boards in any official capacity - and even if they do, they clearly don't CARE - so their feelings are not going to be hurt by what is said, and you don't need to attack someone because they said something nasty about your Very Favourite Person.

Julia is not at home crying on her bed because people are sick of hearing her. Alain is not disturbed because of the drug addiction rumours, Jesse is not hurt because most people like Alain better than he, Nancy Sinatra is not in a panic because I said her face looks like it's made of candle wax (and I stand by that)... need I go on? These people do NOT care, they have lives, they have their own friends, and support systems, and their own dignity, which I can assure you rests in no part on the content of this message board.

If your dignity, however, IS hurt when someone says something you don't agree with, I can tell you right now: this place is not for you. It doesn't make you a bad person or a loser or anything of the sort. Some people are argumentative, and quick to anger. That is who you are, and that is A-OK. But if that's the case, this is not a place for you.

Furthermore, please refer back to Exhibit A: If you provoke someone unneccesarily, they WILL respond nastily. It's all, at least in my case, tongue-in-cheek: it's kind of hard to actually get angry at someone you've never met and never will meet. So let's save silly comments like "Oh, I KNEW there was something about you I didn't like!" for our regression therapy sessions. Comments like that will only serve to make a pathetic situation worse, and, really, no one cares. I have real friends, you have real friends, we all have real friends. Petty comments are not going to have the effect they are intended to because they are, uh.. cyber comments. Think about it, it's rather sad, isn't it? Sadder yet is when people don't even have the cyber-guts to post their cyber-comment under their cyber-name. Instead, they type in something witty, like "u r a big poopoo head." Ye Gods.

We are, for the majority of us, adults here. We are all good people, with our own opinions, and we have those opinions for our own reasons. So let's stop trying to fight or argue or change each other's opinions, because it's not going to happen. And if it did, this board would be a boring place indeed.

Re: Let the flaming begin.

Nah, no flames. I think some of what you said will fall on deaf ears, precisely because NOT all of us are necessarily decent human beings (but then, what *IS* a "decent human being" but purely someone's personal opinion of someone else?).... but no flames to be found from me because most of what you said is spot-on. Since hopefully MOST of us here are adults, my hope is that flames to your post will be minimal and, hopefully, flaming on the forum as a whole will drop measureably as a result.

Cheers,
J.T.

> either click off, or go join morrisseymusic's forum, because
> that behaviour is more their style.

Yoo know, there is a lot of creepy shit on that board, but there are some decent threads/people too. But creepy shit.... Who is this "Blue Jag" person that starts 2000 threads a day, and has some very strange and 'head in the clouds' type posts on that board? Does he/she come here too. There are tons of newbie fans on that board too. I wonder if it's cause they all get scared off of this board the first time they see it?

"I wonder if it's cause they all get scared off of this board the first time they see it?"

God I hope so. As long as they stay there. That place is a nightmare.

Well, this place can be a nightmare when you have to scroll through tons and tons of f***ing useless posts about fans who've fallen out for some reason or other when I want to discuss the works of Steven Patrick Morrissey.