Favorite Moz covers?

What are your favorite Moz covers?

• Total voters

Kuiper

Better than Marr
So, what is your favorite song(s) Moz has covered? Songs The Smiths covered are included.

The poll is probably incomplete. Sorry.

Last edited:
it's definitely incomplete without Cosmic Dancer and Trash from smashing Kill Uncle tour and Drive-in Saturday from 2000.
my vote (heart) goes to Moon river.
remember how Moz played it on the Boxers tour and it was stunning.

Last edited:
While we're at this subject, would anyone care to upload the original versions of these songs? I only have Trash, Moonriver, Drive-In Saturday, Golden Lights and A Song From Under The Floorboards... so anything else will be really apperciated.

(and yes, I'm the one that voted for Work Is A Four-Letter Word... don't laugh at me... it's brilliant... ouch!)

Last edited:
that's entertainment (sounds fantastic played live) and a song from under the floorboards

Who did No One Can Hold A Candle To You originally, then? (I know that must seem like a silly question to you pros) I have a version by Raymonde from the Moz compilation CD that came with NME those many months ago...was it him? It just sounds so Moz-like, even with the other guy singing..."say farewell to your fair-weather friends" etc.

"That's Entertainment" because of the way he changed the lyrics round a little to make them more relevant.

Dupree said:
Who did No One Can Hold A Candle To You originally, then? (I know that must seem like a silly question to you pros) I have a version by Raymonde from the Moz compilation CD that came with NME those many months ago...was it him? It just sounds so Moz-like, even with the other guy singing..."say farewell to your fair-weather friends" etc.

Yes, it's originally by Raymonde... Moz chats about it with the crowd in Who Put the M in Manchester... he calls it "a song from the nineteen-hate-ies".

I'm just clueless about that CD in general really. I bought it at a car boot sale (I have a good eye for stuff like that) and when I read the tracks on the back I was thinking 'Morrissey likes them, they've said they like Moz, they're named after a Morrissey song etc' and then I thought 'wow, whoever put this together is really clever' only to read on the inside that it was actually Morrissey who put it together.

When I listened to it I was thinking 'yeah, you can definitely tell Morrissey was an influence for this song' then when it got to Raymonde I honestly thought (and with this extra knowledge I have gained it is rather embarrassing to admit) 'you can totally tell this is a Morrissey song, it just sounds different'. You know the way people sometimes copy the way other people sing when they cover their songs? Lol, the folly of youth! =)

Back
Top Bottom