Favorite "uncommon" Moz/Smiths songs

allnightchemist

I am 2 people
Driving home today I was making a wish list in my head of some of the songs I love for a variety of reasons - a few are obvious favorites that I couldn't possibly exclude (LOTFIP); others are oft reviled here but there's something about all these songs that just gets me every time. I guess that is what makes his lyrics and their music so fantastic.

I've Changed my Plea to Guilty (fantastic vocal)
LifeGuard Sleeping, Girl Drowning (a clarinet? whispering?)
Last of the Famous International Playboys (no comment)
Trouble Loves Me (coining of the world "charlatanize")
Last Night I Dreamt that Somebody Loved Me (fantastic drum track)
Will Never Marry (Moz wistfulness at its best)
The Headmaster Ritual (reminds me of my exagerrated picture of high school)
I am 2 People (love how he almost grunts the song title)
Back to the Old House (contains favorite lyric ever..."But you never knew, how much I really liked you. BUt I never even told you. Oh, and I meant to")
The Ordinary Boys (another great vocal)
Disappointed (coining of the word "unsleepable")
Jeane (love the post-punk sound)

Are these among anyone else's favorites?

I'm a big fan of "Pregnant for the Last Time," which is a little bit of an off-the-beaten-path song.

A Rush And A Push And The Land Is Ours for everything, especially the music which is very un-Smith like. Plu, according to LASID there's no guitarrs on it!

I'm a big fan of "Pregnant for the Last Time," which is a little bit of an off-the-beaten-path song.

Oh, me too! And many more I can't be bothered to type out :rolleyes: I tend not to like erm Every Day Is Like Sunday, There Is A Light... etc as much as everybody else seems to. I can't work out if that's cos I just don't like them quite as much as others, or cos I've just heard them too much...

Unhappy Birthday
A rush and a push - we shall see how uncommon is that
Barbarism - apparently an uncommon favourite according to the poll
Ouija board

also:
Sister, I'm a poet
Pregnant for the Last time

I've always loved it when that scream of music comes out of nowhere after the suspenseful introduction to "Last Night...".

The cascading guitar arrangement that fades out "Pretty Girls..." is pretty amazing as well.

yes i am blind
pashernate love
accept yourself
vicar in a tutu
come back to camden
the edges are no longer parallel
driving your girlfriend home

Reader Meets Author
What she said
Why don't you find out for yourself
Golden lights
He knows I'd Love to see Him
Girl least Likely to
This is not your country
Barbarism begins At Home

I've always loved it when that scream of music comes out of nowhere after the suspenseful introduction to "Last Night...".

The cascading guitar arrangement that fades out "Pretty Girls..." is pretty amazing as well.

That is my favourite part, it's a gentle guitar part yet comes off very powerfully.

Yes! I very much love this song. The video is also quite entertaining.

Death of a Disco Dancer
Barbarism Begins at Home
I Won't Share You
November Spawned a Monster
Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning
Yes, I Am Blind
The Last of the Famous International Playboys

There's more, I just can't be bothered quite at the minute. :D

Back
Top Bottom