Fiona Dodwell: “Truth-Tellers Silenced” (December 29, 2023)

Another day, another Fiona piece…

Some nice new photos by Ryan Lowry included:
A8A5E590-29AF-4E62-A112-240AC919E80E.jpeg
CB86CEFB-F275-4E63-B945-5D7348C831CE.jpeg

Second photo from Fiona Dodwell tweet (link posted by Famous when dead):

UPDATE Dec. 31:

Slightly different color version posted by Juan / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead (original post):

full

Last edited by a moderator:
It brings me down seeing him with this gaggle of rent a muso hipsters. They don't look like a band. More, a Silicon Valley graphic design firm.

What truths is he speaking, or being prevented from speaking?
Well the truth seems to be if he pays back the small advance to Capitol, he will get back the rights to Bonfire and will no longer be prevented from seeking another label.

Interesting that Fiona has been given a statement, rather than been rewarded with an end of year "interview". Maybe this will happen or it could be that his standoff with Capitol is the elephant in the room that even she can't ignore.

The same mimimi :barf:
You’ll never get a major label record deal again! Wake up Moz! Buy Bonfire back, delete the Miley vocals and release the album on a small indie label. It could be quite easy to please your remaing fans.
Everything else is daydreaming nonsense!

Nice pics though.

Well the truth seems to be if he pays back the small advance to Capitol, he will get back the rights to Bonfire and will no longer be prevented from seeking another label.

Interesting that Fiona has been given a statement, rather than been rewarded with an end of year "interview". Maybe this will happen or it could be that his standoff with Capitol is the elephant in the room that even she can't ignore.
"If there's anything that gets Morrissey more upset than anything else, it's money." - Spencer Cobrin

what exactly is morrissey “fighting for”? she writes as if he’s had to sit in the back of the bus and fight for his freedom. he’s a white dude acting like the world is against him when, in fact, he’s the one making it hard for him to succeed in the current music industry. it seems like he has already beat all the levels of the industry and he has all the comforts in life plus he has more opportunities most of us will never have in this lifetime. cool photos though.

An ‘essay’ about Morrissey’s suppression, and the gagging of his ‘truth’, sounds a little hollow after a tour chock-a-block with cancellations. And the porkies surrounding the Bonfire release.

I’d suggest any writing about truth and censorship should begin with the author being upfront and honest with their audience.

The article makes some good points. The thrust of it, about people who say inconvenient things being silenced, is a theme played out in a book I just read, Beasts of England, which models itself on Orwell's Animal Farm while incorporating current developments. Pretty clever.

Morrissey's getting very little press these days. Over Christmas visiting relatives I was quite surprised to spy a magazine with Morrissey on the cover put by in a box. I reached for it, asking where they got them? You left them behind! was the reply! Probably when I was between moves. Two magazines, The Word from February 2008, and Q! from March 2006. The Word interview covers all previous eras and features writing by Andrew Collins, Cath Carroll, William Shaw, Adrian Deevoy, Stuart Maconie, Len Brown, Andrew Harrison: contents page as shown.

Q's special Manchester issue includes a big spread. The covers and links are at https://illnessasart.com/magazine-covers/

It was different then. However, few can boast so many years of regular and fervent media interest. Morrissey can surely afford to relax and luxuriate in this fact. That would be the wish, whatever happens next. Music journalists, along with all other kinds, are more nervous now, operating under accumulating chill factors. His name appearing in print again without biased labels would indicate a more tolerant and balanced social environment in general.

Viva Moz! :newspaper:📣

After his own radio silence on the recent spate of cancellations, this is just tone deaf. Completely tone deaf and irrelevant. He must live in a world of his own.

Last edited:
Moz is out there on Langston Hughes Place.
Moz kinda reminds Wild T of one of Mr. Hughes poems.

Still Here

been scarred and battered.
My hopes the wind done scattered.
Snow has friz me,
Sun has baked me,

Looks like between 'em they done
Tried to make me

Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'-
But I don't care!
I'm still here!

- Langston Hughes

Morrissey's getting very little press these days... Music journalists, along with all other kinds, are more nervous now, operating under accumulating chill factors. His name appearing in print again without biased labels would indicate a more tolerant and balanced social environment in general.
The reason Morrissey doesn't appear in print so much these days is that he decided to stop giving interviews and speaking to them. That was entirely his decision - ironically, after he was called out for lying about Der Spiegel falsely quoting him in an interview, and they released the tapes exposing his lie.

He's not a truth-teller. He's a bullsh*tter.

Tell the “artist” to 4ck off to the old folks home.
The “artist” has been cancelled and no one gives a fook anymore.
He’s a dead parrot.

Benny 🇬🇧 :knife:

If Kanye can fall out with an artist and replace their vocals in two weeks, I’m sure moz can do the same… he’s only had 4 years!

Tags
fiona dodwell
Back
Top Bottom