Fox5NY: Morrissey, Exclusive Performance & Interview (October 20, 2023)

UPDATE October 20:

"Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings" on "Good Day New York / Fox5NY - Winkin’ Long / YouTube. Link posted by TheSmiths_1985.

Interview with Rosanna Scotto now on Fox5NY and YouTube:

From MarcoD71 (mp4 download available):

Audio link and screenshot posted by Famous when dead:

full

Posted by Famous when dead (original post):

full

Media coverage:
Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that he is saying SHE (Miley?) doesn't want the backing vocals on there. Or is the 'she' her manager? Because that does seem different to what he was saying in the emails.

I think it is perhaps a good sign that he is resigned to Miley not changing her mind anyway, maybe that means there could be a way forwards still
He said her manager, first, and then started saying it was Miley. But hey, that was actually vaguely promising in terms of the album actually coming out at some point...

If you couldn’t be bothered watching:

- had bonfire of teenagers backdrop
- said that Capitol have offered to give the album back to him for a certain amount of money
- said he wasn’t sure when it would come out, depends on how long it takes for them to return it to him
- said Miley’s manager doesn’t want her on the album. said he doesn’t think she would have changed her mind about it now it’s been two years
- said the album was an album of it’s time and was important/personal to him (his mother’s death, right?)

Will go extract the audio - video sorted.

Also, no mention of Without Music The World Dies.

M came across very well anyway, and the assassination bit is one of the great Morrissey interview moments I think. The host was a bit over the top but the questions were generally good.

He really is the most remarkable, interesting human being alive. God forbid he was tempting fate with that comment about assassination. Pay the dollars back Moz and get the album out (Personally I think there's a great album by piecing together both albums rather than two average ones)....

Back
Top Bottom