Holden Morrissey Caulfield

lilybett

Pheobe W Caulfield
Holden Caulfield's middle name was Morrissey. Seriously.

Is it sad to swoon a bit about this? I can't be the only girl who holds a bit of a candle for Holden!

I definitely can't be the only JD Salinger fan here :o

Is it sad to swoon a bit about this? I can't be the only girl who holds a bit of a candle for Holden!

i re-read it last year :) one of the few books i can be bothered to do that with.

Yeah, s'brilliant. I love Salinger's other stuff, too. All completely re-readable and obsession-worthy.

Wikipedia said:
Holden Caulfield's middle name is Morrissey. Although it does not appear in [The Catcher In The Rye], Salinger used it in a 1946 short story featuring Caulfield called "Slight Rebellion off Madison," which was published in the New Yorker.

Lol I can't believe my friends are out doing things like raving and throwing up in other people's houses and I'm in my house reading stuff about reclusive writers :p :D

Last edited:
Yeah, s'brilliant. I love Salinger's other stuff, too. All completely re-readable and obsession-worthy.
Lol I can't believe my friends are out doing things like raving and throwing up in other people's houses and I'm in my house reading stuff about reclusive writers :p :D

i haven't read any more of his.

well i know where i rather be...... reading bout reclusive writers then throwing up!

wow
so if Mark David Chapman had not shot Lennon
then maybe...:eek:

How very hetrosexual of you to only suggest girls can hold a candle for Holden! ;)

Anyway, I read the book last summer on holday - had a few big builds up by people to read it - it was alright, but not the 'life changing experience I was expecting'.

Where does it say that Morrissey was his middle name?

Jukebox Jury

How very hetrosexual of you to only suggest girls can hold a candle for Holden! ;)

Anyway, I read the book last summer on holday - had a few big builds up by people to read it - it was alright, but not the 'life changing experience I was expecting'.

Jukebox Jury
your right
cuz i always thought one of Holden's problems was that he was gay :o
in the 50s no less! :eek:
what a nightmare...:cool:

Jukebox Jury

Wikipedia! :D ("Stop referencing wiki-f***ing-pedia" - one of me teachers)

His middle name is never mentioned in The Catcher In The Rye but Holden appeared in another short story where Morrissey is revealed.

You should have read it when you were an angst-ridden teenager! I love it, it's brilliant. Maybe I am just a massive phoney ;) :rolleyes:

Wikipedia! :D ("Stop referencing wiki-f***ing-pedia" - one of me teachers)

His middle name is never mentioned in The Catcher In The Rye but Holden appeared in another short story where Morrissey is revealed.

You should have read it when you were an angst-ridden teenager! I love it, it's brilliant. Maybe I am just a massive phoney ;) :rolleyes:

it that how you do your essays now:p

you a phoney????? no way miss betts, your 4 real.

I avoided this book when I was a teenager and glad I didn't read it at that time (I finally read it in 2004).

Back
Top Bottom