if morrissey does eurovision

patati patata

Surely "Waterloo" Was political and " A little Peace by the lovely Nicole
Or "Insieme" :D

eu_flag.jpg

It's an easy mistakes to make, I'm sure you've made mistakes too.

bertorelli100x100_01.jpg

:p

I'm a huge fan of the Eurovision Song Contest (or The "Grand Prix Eurovision de la Chanson Européenne" as it's been called here for many years). It's become pretty much a fix part of European culture. I grew up with it and still watch it every year - but the quality surely has deteriorated.

He should do it. It's sooo Morrissey.

Oh, and BTW, one rule says that the songs must not contain any political message.

With reference to the comment about songs not being allowed to be political; i have heard a number of songs in the eurovision that have political themes, besides this the political point i was making is that the event isnt about the music anyway, its about which country votes for who, who has pissed us of this year,look at last couple of years how well the UK did at the time of the iraq war!, i know we havent been at the top of the tree properly for years but its never been that bad (regardless of how shit the UK entries are!) countries vote for their allies or neighbouring countries instead of the better song/artist

The music is pointless, they should get big inflatable sumo suits and fight each other! it would probably sit better with my ears!!!

Mozza would commit musical suicide if he performed at Eurovision but it might make his political argument/life stronger
Which is a shame, maybe if it was the old Eurovision this topic may have been much less controversial and we would all be willing him to do it!
Oh how times change!

Maybe he'll do it for a laugh, but UK will still get an embarrasingly low total.

I hope he doesn't do it, but if he does he'll piss all over the rest of the field and I hope he wins.

i think mike joyce should do it barefooted with a song called "royalties on a string"

Though HE possesses a lantern jawline and a heavy brow (a very masculine face shall we say) Morrissey is innately delicate and somewhat feminine. He adores women not so much as sex objects both as icons of entertainment and glamour. Hence the fixations on: Nico, Diana Dors, Pat Phoenix, Patti Smith, the tranny Candy Darling, Sandie Shaw, Linder, and even Judy Garland no less. As for the New York Dolls and Jobriath they were the early gender benders - and as SP considered having a sex change in his adolescence these fixations are understandable.

Though HE possesses a lantern jawline and a heavy brow (a very masculine face shall we say) Morrissey is innately delicate and somewhat feminine. He adores women not so much as sex objects both as icons of entertainment and glamour. Hence the fixations on: Nico, Diana Dors, Pat Phoenix, Patti Smith, the tranny Candy Darling, Sandie Shaw, Linder, and even Judy Garland no less. As for the New York Dolls and Jobriath they were the early gender benders - and as SP considered having a sex change in his adolescence these fixations are understandable.

Wrong thread, I'm afraid....;) :p

Wrong thread, I'm afraid....;) :p
Wrong thread, but some groundbreaking new information - who knew that Morrissey considered a sex change, no less?? I wonder how Johnny Rogan and everyone else never got hold of that information...:p His "fixation on Judy Garland" is another thing that I've never ever heard of...

But one can't deny the basic theory in this post - I mean, can you ever imagine Diana Dors being adored as a sex object? :p

If Morrissey did Eurovision in the future

Very hypotehtical, do you think this would raise his profile, and gain loads of new fans. If this was to be a successful venture, do you think Moz could elicit his first number 1 single.

Thoughts?

Re: If Morrissey did Eurovision in the future

Firstly i don't think Morrissey will ever do Eurovision.

Secondly, if he did i think it would have a bad effect on his career. We've seen how the contest works and no matter how good a song or singer Britain will never win. So if Morrissey does it and loses the press will have another thing to harp on about and could possibly finish his career IMHO

Re: If Morrissey did Eurovision in the future

Firstly i don't think Morrissey will ever do Eurovision.

Secondly, if he did i think it would have a bad effect on his career. We've seen how the contest works and no matter how good a song or singer Britain will never win. So if Morrissey does it and loses the press will have another thing to harp on about and could possibly finish his career IMHO

Good post, an example of a ruined pop career is Sonia, who sung "Better the devil you know." Flopped at the Eurovision contest in 1994, and that effectively ended her career as a singer, however, she was no good anyway.

If Mozza ever did contemplate doing Eurovision, he would be better doing it for another Country such as Ireland, England as you say could have a detrimental effect on his career. Suffice to say, I don't believe he sees this as an option, pure non starter.

Back
Top Bottom