Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

Radis, I encourage you to self-shield and isolate indefinitely. Life’s clearly too risky.

Seriously, the bullshit you keep spouting...

“A voluntary lockdown is a lockdown”...

No, it isn’t. There is no such thing as a “voluntary lockdown” - that’s a contradiction in itself.

Sweden had put in place appropriate and proportionate measures that people can get behind, and we are being treated like grown-ups, not like naughty children. As measures are reasonable and voluntary there is less resentment, less frustration, less fatigue and better compliance, and they can stay in place as long as they are needed while doing as little harm as possible to mental health, economy, society, civil liberties.

Again you have nothing to back it up.

They've introduced a new law because keeping it voluntary wasn't enough - but the lockdown measures are the same whether its voluntary or insisted upon. It's still staying home & maintaining distance.

Again you have nothing to back it up.

They've introduced a new law because keeping it voluntary wasn't enough - but the lockdown measures are the same whether its voluntary or insisted upon. It's still staying home & maintaining distance.
Fascinating stuff. I have nothing to back it up other than that I live here and know our laws.

Also, a few posts above you made the case that Sweden is doing horribly because we didn’t lock down, now all of a sudden you insist that a “voluntary lockdown” is a lockdown too? So, did we lock down or did we not lock down?

As I said, fascinating stuff. Now, why don’t you go and explain the free market to Derek? :LOL:

Fascinating stuff. I have nothing to back it up other than that I live here and know our laws.

Also, a few posts above you made the case that Sweden is doing horribly because we didn’t lock down, now all of a sudden you insist that a “voluntary lockdown” is a lockdown too? So, did we lock down or did we not lock down?

As I said, fascinating stuff. Now, why don’t you go and explain the free market to Derek? :LOL:

Why don't you explain why Sweden's COVID19 death toll is so much higher than all the other Nordic countries?

Lots of people live in a place it doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.

You didn't fully lockdown - the lockdown measures that people followed worked, where people didn't follow the measures, it didn't. So there's a new law to enforce it more.

What strategy do you think you have that isn't staying home & social distance?

Last edited by a moderator:
Inflation went up because people travelled & shopped in December.

That's not an article about lockdown causing disaster.
What would be the criteria for recognising we have been ushered to the threshold of a 1980s style, high inflation, high unemployment, high immigration and poverty wage economy—if not increasing inflation rates, growing unemployment, mass immigration plans (300,000 anticipated from Hong Kong) and state imposed pay freezes?

The review of labour laws, announced yesterday, is no accident. The opportunities are being engineered and seized. And just as it was in the 1980s, the left is ultimately being complicit.

What would be the criteria for recognising we have been ushered to the threshold of a 1980s style, high inflation, high unemployment, high immigration and poverty wage economy—if not increasing inflation rates, growing unemployment, mass immigration plans (300,000 anticipated from Hong Kong) and state imposed pay freezes?

The review of labour laws, announced yesterday, is no accident. The opportunities are being engineered and seized. And just as it was in the 1980s, the left is ultimately being complicit.

They don't need a pandemic or a lockdown to argue in favour of a global capitalist economy. It's the mainstream economic system.

We're not engineering immigration from Hong Kong - we might offer asylum to citizens of our former colony.

They don't need a pandemic or a lockdown to argue in favour of a global capitalist economy. It's the mainstream economic system.

We're not engineering immigration from Hong Kong - we might offer asylum to citizens of our former colony.
And what of India, where we are promising to accept tens of thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands, as part of trade deals?

What of spiralling unemployment?

What of cuts in benefits?

What of the roll-back of workers rights?

What of pay freezes AND pay cuts?

What of the planned benefit cuts?

What of the further restrictions planned for people’s lives, in the imposition of a police state?

What of the shift of welfare responsibilities onto the NHS?

When does the left stop saying this is all a benign accident?

The Labour Party is becoming a network of apologists and appeasers.

And what of India, where we are promising to accept tens of thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands, as part of trade deals?

What of spiralling unemployment?

What of cuts in benefits?

What of the roll-back of workers rights?

What of pay freezes AND pay cuts?

What of the planned benefit cuts?

What of the further restrictions planned for people’s lives, in the imposition of a police state?

What of the shift of welfare responsibilities onto the NHS?

When does the left stop saying this is all a benign accident?

The Labour Party is becoming a network of apologists and appeasers.

There's more evidence that the pandemic is the end of people & goods moving relentlessly around the globe.

If the government has to make bad post-Brexit deals with India or elsewhere that's not because they engineered or exploited a pandemic. It's because they've got nothing better to offer.

There's more evidence that the pandemic is the end of people & goods moving relentlessly around the globe.

If the government has to make bad post-Brexit deals with India or elsewhere that's not because they engineered or exploited a pandemic. It's because they've got nothing better to offer.
I’ve yet to find out the outcome of the government’s state support for industry proposals, contested by the EU for the benefit of a Brexit deal (I anticipate that we happily caved in).

Why don't you explain why Sweden's COVID19 death toll is so much higher than all the other Nordic countries?

Because Sweden has many very old, vulnerable people (the average age of death of Covid is 82), Sweden had a much less severe flu season in 2019 than its Scandinavian neighbours and therefore more vulnerable people (“dry tinder”) died in 2020 instead of 2019, and the management of care homes is a disgrace.

Apart from your whAt aBOuT nOrWaY whataboutery, have you got anything else?
Perhaps you would like to explain why the death rate in, say Belgium or Czechia, who had/have strict lockdowns is almost twice that of Sweden?

Because Sweden has many very old, vulnerable people (the average age of death of Covid is 82), Sweden had a much less severe flu season in 2019 than its Scandinavian neighbours and therefore more vulnerable people (“dry tinder”) died in 2020 instead of 2019, and the management of care homes is a disgrace.

Perhaps you would like to explain why the death rate in, say Belgium or Czechia, who had/have strict lockdowns is almost twice that of Sweden?
You know why Sweden is more widely discussed than other countries. The fact that you are clearly butt-hurt by my criticism of your country's failure is just the icing on the cake really.

What you’ll find is that Radis never advances a novel idea or resolution. He simply reacts.

He is very protective of the British state, and the UK government in general. Suspiciously so.

You know why Sweden is more widely discussed than other countries. The fact that you are clearly butt-hurt by my criticism of your country's failure is just the icing on the cake really.

That’s what you get from engaging with you in good faith. I should have known better. Oh well.

That’s what you get from engaging with you in good faith. I should have known better. Oh well.
'Good faith?' Oh you are funny! You might forget what you post as soon as you post it but I don't.

They didn't maintain strict lockdowns.

20210120_122054.jpg

20210120_122710.jpg

And I do love that you accuse me of 'whataboutery' and then, literally in the next sentence, indulge in some gratuitous whataboutery!! :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom