Is Coronavirus as serious as they say?

And I do love that you accuse me of 'whataboutery' and then, literally in the next sentence, indulge in some gratuitous whataboutery!! :ROFLMAO:

Has he ever been known to present any evidence beyond 'I live in Sweden', 'we had a backlog of old people who failed to die in 2019' & 🤣

And I do love that you accuse me of 'whataboutery' and then, literally in the next sentence, indulge in some gratuitous whataboutery!! :ROFLMAO:

I replied to your question fair and square. Now why don’t you answer mine: why do some of the countries with the longest and strictest lockdowns have the highest death rates?

I replied to your question fair and square. Now why don’t you answer mine: why do some of the countries with the longest and strictest lockdowns have the highest death rates?

They don't.

Has he ever been known to present any evidence beyond 'I live in Sweden', 'we had a backlog of old people who failed to die in 2019' & 🤣

Mortality in Sweden in 2019 was extremely low. Norway and Finland had a high number of flu deaths that year, Sweden didn’t. Thats a fact, not something I made up - it’s all out there. Feel free to present any proof that that’s not so.

And you know very well that I didn’t say that “people failed to die in 2019”.

There are many reasons. But I'm not sure what relevance they have, not least because when one looks at e.g. New Zealand, Australia et al, one sees that they had swift, firm lockdowns which were extremely successful. I can only speak in detail to what has happened in the UK, where the lockdowns were applied too late, lifted too soon, applied piecemeal, not applied hard enough, not enforced adequately, were undermined by mixed messages from the Tory government and its idiot party leader, were exacerbated by a failure to heavily restrict or close borders, and were undermined by a small but determinedly idiotic and selfish proportion of the public, egged on by various right-wing trolls and conspiracy theorists.
It is entirely reasonable to compare Sweden with its near neighbours, which are for the most part very similar in terms of geography and demographics. Bearing in mind that the same right-wing trolls who were trying to undermine the UK's lockdown were citing Sweden as an example of a non-lockdown success, I think it's also entirely reasonable to point out that it wasn't the success that they were making out and in fact was a failure compared to the other Nordic countries. If you think I am picking on Sweden then you are correct but only because of the way that people like you used that country to try and undermine other countries' efforts to combat the disease. You'll forgive my schadenfreude now that turns out not to be the case.

Oh yes, they do.

No, they don't.

Southeast Asia & New Zealand had the fastest, strictest lockdowns & have fared the best.

20210120_125115.jpg

There are many reasons. But I'm not sure what relevance they have, not least because when one looks at e.g. New Zealand, Australia et al, one sees that they had swift, firm lockdowns which were extremely successful. I can only speak in detail to what has happened in the UK, where the lockdowns were applied too late, lifted too soon, applied piecemeal, not applied hard enough, not enforced adequately, were undermined by mixed messages from the Tory government and its idiot party leader, were exacerbated by a failure to heavily restrict or close borders, and were undermined by a small but determinedly idiotic and selfish proportion of the public, egged on by various right-wing trolls and conspiracy theorists.
It is entirely reasonable to compare Sweden with its near neighbours, which are for the most part very similar in terms of geography and demographics. Bearing in mind that the same right-wing trolls who were trying to undermine the UK's lockdown were citing Sweden as an example of a non-lockdown success, I think it's also entirely reasonable to point out that it wasn't the success that they were making out and in fact was a failure compared to the other Nordic countries. If you think I am picking on Sweden then you are correct but only because of the way that people like you used that country to try and undermine other countries' efforts to combat the disease. You'll forgive my schadenfreude now that turns out not to be the case.

None of this answers the question why some of the countries with the strictest lockdowns have the highest death rates.

As for your Schadenfreude, enjoy it! I’m sure it brightens up your miserable lockdown existence while we get on with life! :thumb:

None of this answers the question why some of the countries with the strictest lockdowns have the highest death rates.

As for your Schadenfreude, enjoy it! I’m sure it brightens up your miserable lockdown existence while we get on with life! :thumb:

And you enjoy being The Sick Man of the Nordics!

Mortality in Sweden in 2019 was extremely low. Norway and Finland had a high number of flu deaths that year, Sweden didn’t. Thats a fact, not something I made up - it’s all out there.

And you know very well that I didn’t say that “people failed to die in 2019”.

More people died in 2018 in Sweden than 2019 & it's attributed to a flu outbreak in 2018.

That doesn't mean your Covid rate is somehow the people who would have died of flu if they weren't already dead.

You have a higher population but these figures are still grim.

20210120_101612.jpg

20210120_101600.jpg

20210120_101546.jpg

I don’t think anyone doubts that locking people away limits the spread of communicable disease. In fact, it limits everything. Guaranteed. Every Draconian regime, since the beginning of civilisation, has recognised this.

They're now getting back to normal.

I don't think anyone thinks New Zealand is a terrifying regime to live under however horrendous China can be.

More people died in 2018 in Sweden than 2019 & it's attributed to a flu outbreak in 2018.

That doesn't mean your Covid rate is somehow the people who would have died of flu if they weren't already dead.

View attachment 67723

View attachment 67724

View attachment 67725

There have certainly not been 10 323 Covid deaths between Jan 3 and Jan 19. You can’t even get that right.

They're now getting back to normal.

I don't think anyone thinks New Zealand is a terrifying regime to live under however horrendous China can be.
New Zealand imposed harsh martial law. End of.

That the nation was so readily subjugated points to decades of oppression, not freedom: ask a Maori.

all nordic peeps look alike? 🤒
thats your creepy answer as to why the totalitarian lockdown explodes the kung flu?:crazy:

New Zealand imposed harsh martial law. End of.

That the nation was so readily subjugated points to decades of oppression, not freedom: ask a Maori.

A Kiwi ex of mine (who lives in London) hasn’t been able to see his family in almost a year. He doesn’t know when/if he will get to see them again. Of course, such silly little things as the basic human right to see your family don’t matter to the cult members.

A Kiwi ex of mine (who lives in London) hasn’t been able to see his family in almost a year. He doesn’t know when/if he will get to see them again. Of course, such silly little things as the basic human right to see your family don’t matter to the cult members.

You think people should die so your friend can see his family? For what it's worth, my wife hasn't seen her parents or sister in well over a year either. The thing is, some of us are capable of seeing the bigger picture and bearing that loss.

View attachment 67723

View attachment 67724

View attachment 67725
o_O

everyone who died back in the day did so because the kung flu existed back in the day when it didnt exist?:crazy:
have you been you 'exercising' your 🍹expertise again?😬

Back
Top Bottom