Johnny Marr releases The Best of

I actually like the new song 'Somewhere'. Is it new? I don't remember it from other albums.
I still think he's a bit weak lyrically but I really like the music. I think he sounds more like Johnny than he has in a while.
I’d agree, I didn’t particularly rate the recent album but that song is very enjoyable.

I’d agree, I didn’t particularly rate the recent album but that song is very enjoyable.
I am going to change my mind about the lyrics, after listening a few times, it made sense. It's a happy little pop song.

How did both Moz and Marr end up putting out such shite cover art on their albums?

Takes some balls to release a best of somethings that is not very good, at points embarrassingly bad..... and that cover ffs

Since when were his 4 albums critically acclaimed? Honestly if it wasn't Marr, but the guy out of Kaiser Chiefs who'd released these critically acclaimed albums, you'd all be laughing your nuts off.

Metacritic scored Marrs last album 82 whereas Morrisseys last album scored 62 I think, so whilst everyone has different views on music the round up from the music press was favourable for his last album

Wasn't expecting that, it's very punchy.

Johnny Marr’s new song “The Answer” is a big, confident rocker that carries the echoes of multiple generations of Manchester post-punk. It’s got a ferocious bassline, atmospheric swirls of what sounds like violin, and the all-swallowing Johnny Marr guitar sound.

Last edited:
Mines just arrived, bought the book version which contains the lyrics , it's very nice package.

IMG_2268.jpeg

Last edited:
Johnny's just been on Granada Reports playing some of his guitars and chatting

would hate to hear The Worst Of

Pretty saturated for Marr stuff.
Haven't the time currently to check for Morrissey mentions.
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom