Joyce surprised at Moz GMEX gigs

unruly_girl

I foung this in today's Manchester Evening News:

Mozza warms to old haunt
Dianne Bourne

NO one was more surprised that Manchester music legend Morrissey is to play a live gig at the G-Mex next month than his former Smiths band-mate Mike Joyce.

For Mike tells me that after the last time The Smiths performed at the venue - some 20 years ago - Mozzer was left somewhat less than enamoured with the venue.

Mike, now drummer for Manchester-based Vinny Peculiar, says: "I seem to remember Morrissey saying that he thought the venue was too big.

"So I was a little baffled when I heard he'd be returning there."

Morrissey plays the G-Mex on Friday, December 22 and Saturday, December 23. Kristeen Young supports. The first night is sold out.

who gives a damn about what joyce thinks

I wonder though if he'd turn up ;)

Mike, now drummer for Manchester-based Vinny Peculiar, says: "I seem to remember Morrissey saying that he thought the venue was too big.

Blimey, he's easily baffled isn't he?

Morrissey plays the G-Mex on Friday, December 22 and Saturday, December 23. Kristeen Young supports. The first night is sold out.

Can I peel you another sour grape, Mike?

Some of the comments are a bit harsh, he's only said he's suprised. He hasn't slagged Morrissey off or anything.

i just think it's a pathetic observation to make. Who cares what morrissey thought 20 years ago. Since then, a lot has changed. For example, Morrissey is all the better for being without Joyce and the rest of the Smiths.

Morrissey mentionned in a Newspaper? And people slag off American fans for poor ROTT sales... You see, there is never a mention of morrissey in the US press. That's called promotion!!

If Martin (from the main page) is here, please realize I want you to drop dead.

Isn't Joyce more baffled that anybody called him up to see if he was baffled about what Morrissey does?

Let us all be honest now, as venues go quite a few of us were surprised that he decided to play here were we not?

I am sure that Mike has simply been asked a question and answered it honestly.

I was very surprised that he decided to play the GMEX. From what I have heard the acoustics are awful.

I shall still be there, and I bet Mike Joyce will too (only hiding so as not to be seen!)

I met Mike Joyce quite a few times in the mid to late 80's and he was one of the nicest fellas you could ever meet, certainly the nicest famous person I have met by a long way. I know people on here hate him and I know why but really that comment about GMEX is so innoccuous that I find the reaction ridiculous. As for saying he's "Jealous and Bitter" personally I'd say Morrissey is more bitter about Joyce than the other way round and as for Morrissey being "all the better for being without Joyce and the rest of the Smiths" don't make me laugh you f***ing chump!

Is G-Mex bigger than the Manchester Evening News Arena (or whatever it's called?). Moz has played to many many big audiences in the last 20 years. Hasn't Joyce noticed?

morrissey needs to play in large venues so he can get the money back joyce nicked from him!

Mozza warms to old haunt
Dianne Bourne

NO one was more surprised that Manchester music legend Morrissey is to play a live gig at the G-Mex next month than his former Smiths band-mate Mike Joyce.

For Mike tells me that after the last time The Smiths performed at the venue - some 20 years ago - Mozzer was left somewhat less than enamoured with the venue.

Only finds it weird b/c he'll probably go there and annoy the f*** outta Morrissey, to try to get $$$ from him, b/c Joyce is a poor pathetic piece of shit.

Back
Top Bottom