Live Nation: Bangkok & Hong Kong now cancelled (November 9, 2023)

Another sad day. 😔

FB_IMG_1699526239323~2.jpg

IMG_0374.jpeg

mbr.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll travel 2 hours on train, pay for a hotel, have a feed of pints and go to Moz and spend the next day looking in the shops in Dublin before returning home. I'm not booking flights for anyone. Fek that.
Well, I have to visit my relatives in HK which I haven't been able to do because of closed borders etc so it's not all totally wasted but it's not the trip I had planned (eg I'll be staying at a hotel next to the venue (which is near the airport) rather than in HK proper which is a bummer). But it's really really disappointing.

I've already booked and paid for my flights to Hong Kong. Bloody hell. I'm furious. (Yes, I'm a mug for thinking he was going to actually turn up.)
Maybe you can see Pulp instead. I’d love to see them.
I spent a week in Hong Kong back in 2018 and quite liked it.
But it may be different now.

I bet Morrissey wasn't too happy about her posting her broken foot.
He’s probably told her to do soâ€Ķâ€Ķ
And I bet it’s not even broken.

Why can’t he Man up and face the music for once?
In stead he gets a relatively new band member to hide behind and use as an excuse.

All Morrissey has left is his live tours, and these are drastically dwindling by each passing day.

The next idiotic post on central will probably be some erratic graffiti mentioning
Morrissey’s name that was seen in an underpass in Gibraltarâ€Ķ..

Man up Morrissey and tell your fans
What the 4ck is going on.

We really don't know if it's all down to Camila. As @Mayfly already wrote, there is no flexibility with Morrissey. A different set, an old keyboard player who knows the songs: not his thing.
What does he expect now? How should it go on? Maybe the record will be released in a roundabout way and sell 2.500 units worldwide? Who's to blame then? Us, who are not exactly uncritically and sometimes sarcastically commenting on his late career?
For me, he's no longer the artist he was in the 80s, 90s and 00s. His new material has not the old Grandezza.
I still love his voice and still like a fair share of his recent tunes. What I miss most are the lyics of the earlier days, the words that made me feel less lonely or made me smile or saved my lifeâ€Ķ. Still enjoyed his concerts last year and this year.
But there will certainly come a time when we will all say ÂŦ it was a wonderful journey with him while it lasted ÂŦ If you have already eached this point, just hold on to some fantastic memories.

He’s probably told her to do soâ€Ķâ€Ķ
And I bet it’s not even broken.

Why can’t he Man up and face the music for once?
In stead he gets a relatively new band member to hide behind and use as an excuse.

All Morrissey has left is his live tours, and these are drastically dwindling by each passing day.

The next idiotic post on central will probably be some erratic graffiti mentioning
Morrissey’s name that was seen in an underpass in Gibraltarâ€Ķ..

Man up Morrissey and tell your fans
What the 4ck is going on.
Maybe so. For me it's because this 40 years of Morrissey timeline has seen him visit this country all of four times, five if we include his 1991 visit where he cancelled all gigs bar one in Brisbane. The first time we got an actual tour after that was 2002. Next was 2012, then 2015 2016 and that's it so far.

So if this tour is cancelled which I'm sure it will be, it will not be good. Yes I realise it's cause we're so far away. If these shows are cancelled I won't be devastated because I never expected him to return to our shores but it will be annoying.

Please be safe, Australian shows!

Man! I have been holding off on putting any money towards flights, etc., for this very reason.

I had forgotten long ago just how many cancelled shows I have fell victim to over the years...

It's hard to put into words just how much of a PR disaster the last 3/4 years have been for Morrissey.
Every step he takes is a car crash.
I'd say this round of disasters started with the Greek Theatre walk-off almost exactly one year ago. Then he starts talking about BOT being delayed and not released in February (of this year). The reasons stated for BOT not being released get more outlandish.

That’s not an excuse. If he has a debilitating illness, he shouldn’t be setting up tours.

So harsh...

Writing lyrics and singing them is Morrissey's entire life.

Yes, following him can be frustrating sometimes.

But what the hell, I love him!

And love is loving.

I just want to know asap if the entire southern hemisphere tour is a wash out so I can make other plans. Yes it'll be a bummer but I'm not going to cry and scream about it.

Man! I have been holding off on putting any money towards flights, etc., for this very reason.

I had forgotten long ago just how many cancelled shows I have fell victim to over the years...
I'd bought my flights/hotel for HK :-(. I've bought my flights to Perth on points (so no money wasted there). If Melbourne happens which is where I live then I assume the rest of the tour is OK - I'll only book flights/hotels for the rest of the Australia/NZ tour then.

Back
Top Bottom