Liverpool - Empire Theatre (July 19, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Irish Blood, English Heart / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Speedway / Jim Jim Falls / I Wish You Lonely / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Night Pop Dropped / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Notre-Dame / How Soon Is Now? / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / The Loop / My Hurling Days Are Done / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @Dusty Miller's Hornpipe

Last edited:
I was heartened to hear how positive the reaction from the crowd was for the new songs - Bonfire especially got a really positive reception.
The whole crowd seemed to be well into it throughout the whole thing, even more so than usual. The people next to me were great too, everyone just seemed overjoyed to be there.

First heard it in ‘92 at The Hollywood Bowl and was hooked. Couldn’t wait for the studio release. Still boggles the mind it was a b-side.

The rats bit, however relative (I forget the exact reason I was told he added it), takes away from the atmosphere the music Boz and band created that carried the outro.

Yeah, the whole rats thing is just a bit cringe. God, I wish he'd stop doing it.

Is he still quandoing to Everyday Is Like Sunday?

Screenshot_20230719-234346.png

15 quid on Redbubble.
FWD.

it would seem it’s still ongoing, but don’t know if he did for this gig. Would assume so.
He did yesterday, so I'm guessing same today.
Regards,
FWD.

Karolina Andersdotter:

20230720_001230.jpg

Michelle Marshall:

20230720_001153.jpg

Billy Fury….. I’ll never find another you….

This was my parents song…

They were devoted to each other for 45 years,

No violence nor affairs.

Just love.

I’ll never find another you,
Was played at my father’s funeral in 08.

Looking at the Mozz t shirt
With Billy on,
This was my dads era….

He had a great Quiff all his life ….

Something his 3 sons
Couldn’t erect 😞😞😞
Lovely Baz, we picked 'I love to boogie' by Bolan for me mums funeral in 2011, she loved that song and it brought a smile. if you cant have one on yer bonce, grow one on your chin like me 😁👍

Lovely Baz, we picked 'I love to boogie' by Bolan for me mums funeral in 2011, she loved that song and it brought a smile. if you cant have one on yer bonce, grow one on your chin like me 😁👍
I’m struggling to grow things anywhere…

Apart from my nasal and ears…

I’m olde enough to remember the day that Bolan died….

My older brother was a huge fan.

When the news came through I was about
7or 8

My older brother was mopping about the house sobbing ( full feelings weren’t acceptable) in those days.

My sister and I were laughing and sniggering at him because he showed
Emotions .
Nobody had those kind of feelings in those days .

My older sister was into the Osmands,
David Cassidy( perve)
Bay city rollers.

We all love to boogie Dan …..

Your mother had great taste 😎😎😎😎

Last night was great - circle view. But tonight the atmosphere was amazing in the front row. One of the best M gigs I've been to. 🔥🔥🔥

Paris is miserably average. Our Frank is even worse. Nothing from Vauxhall, Arsenal, etc. Imagine if he played My Love Life or Sing Your Life or Well I Wonder or Interesting Drug etc etc etc. I just don't get it.
Jesse can’t quite get the guitar tone right for anything from Vauxhall or your Aresenal so maybe it’s a blessing. Of course some folks might enjoy 90s SoCal bad metal lead guitar tone on British record I dunno.

Today he sang "You made yourself plain, once again...", rather than the usual "How nice!". He sounded frustrated but not his usual angry self, during Paris. Sounds like he's processing his anger by singing this song.

I’m struggling to grow things anywhere…

Apart from my nasal and ears…

I’m olde enough to remember the day that Bolan died….

My older brother was a huge fan.

When the news came through I was about
7or 8

My older brother was mopping about the house sobbing ( full feelings weren’t acceptable) in those days.

My sister and I were laughing and sniggering at him because he showed
Emotions .
Nobody had those kind of feelings in those days .

My older sister was into the Osmands,
David Cassidy( perve)
Bay city rollers.

We all love to boogie Dan …..

Your mother had great taste 😎😎😎😎
She was great me mum, miss her, she loved billy elliot hence i love to boogie.
But she also had the Jive Bunny album, but her excuse was it was for parties lol.
I think Bolans death was the first time i had to think about death, as i loved Bolan and like you i was only 9, but it was a big deal.
Could never get me mum to appreciate Moz tho, which irks me, i thought with his Sixties inspirations and intelligence and being well read she would get him, but no luck there.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom