Marlay Park (Dublin) this summer

T

tabloid-y name

Anyone else hear about this?

Radiohead and Morrissey set for summer visits

03 Mar 2006

Two much-anticipated acts will be making their way to Dublin in just a few month's time.

While the precise dates have yet to be confirmed, Hot Press can exclusively reveal that Morrissey and Radiohead are both playing separate gigs this summer in Dublin’s Marlay Park.

Thom Yorke and co are being supported by Beck who’s currently readying a 10th anniversary edition of Odelay. He’s also applying the finishing touches to a new album that he’s been assembling for the past two years with A-List producer Nigel Goodrich.

According to a well-placed source, Radiohead are also close to completing a new record, which is likely to feature ‘Bodysnatchers’ as its flagship single.

Mmm. I doubt all the twats in Rathfarnam could tear themselves away from their Greenday records. I should know - half my extended family lives there. We're the poor relatives.

I was at REM there a few years ago and it's not bad for an outdoor venue.
It took 3/4 of a bloody hour to get out of the park after the gig, though.
I have relatives in "Rothfornham" too. They sat out their back garden when REM played with a few tinnies and heard every bit of the gig.
That's emphatically NOT an option with The Great Man.

> I was at REM there a few years ago and it's not bad for an outdoor venue.
> It took 3/4 of a bloody hour to get out of the park after the gig, though.
> I have relatives in "Rothfornham" too. They sat out their back
> garden when REM played with a few tinnies and heard every bit of the gig.
> That's emphatically NOT an option with The Great Man.
Whats the capacity there? I dunno do I fancy a trip up to the big smoke if it means standing at the back of a large field. Also, my visa to enter the Southside has expired. I just wish he'd play the bloody Marquee in Cork. Now that would be more like it.

It's something like 15,000+, so you'd wanna be there early.

Both morrissey and Radiohead are lined up for electric picnic, this is Mcd trying to torpedo them.

Frankly i dont think Morrissey would fill it.

> 18,000

> Both morrissey and Radiohead are lined up for electric picnic, this is Mcd
> trying to torpedo them.

> Frankly i dont think Morrissey would fill it.

Neither do I. The Electric picnic - so where did you hear that?

The Electric Picnic @ €175 aticket - no bloody way!

> 18,000

> Both morrissey and Radiohead are lined up for electric picnic, this is Mcd
> trying to torpedo them.

> Frankly i dont think Morrissey would fill it.

there doesn't seem to be any way to buy a one day ticket, no confirmed listing, and there is no way I'm camping. Thats one to cross of the list then.

>live about 5 mins from Marlay Park would be surprised if he filled it but they can make gig area smaller maybe 6500-7000. It would be reminiscent of dublin castle gig times 3. The problem is he is already playing Ireland 3 times at easter (going to all 3) 2 dublin gigs sold out in minutes but you can still get plenty of tickets for killarney. As for venue and acoustics saw REM there and they were superb. Saw Oasis there last summer and have never seen such a crowd of knackers in all my life throwing cans of piss everyone locked fights everywhere you look - (talking about the fans not the band they were alright)the only gig i have been ever at that i had to protect my girlfriend from the scumbag fans.

p.s
Marlay ParK bring it on

Anyone else hear about this?

> ______________________________________________________
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Radiohead and Morrissey set for summer visits

> 03 Mar 2006

> Two much-anticipated acts will be making their way to Dublin in just a few
> month's time.

> While the precise dates have yet to be confirmed, Hot Press can
> exclusively reveal that Morrissey and Radiohead are both playing separate
> gigs this summer in Dublin’s Marlay Park.

> Thom Yorke and co are being supported by Beck who’s currently readying a
> 10th anniversary edition of Odelay. He’s also applying the finishing
> touches to a new album that he’s been assembling for the past two years
> with A-List producer Nigel Goodrich.

> According to a well-placed source, Radiohead are also close to completing
> a new record, which is likely to feature ‘Bodysnatchers’ as its flagship
> single.

>

anyone here more on marlay park gigs

p.s
> Marlay ParK bring it on

> Anyone else hear about this?

Havent heard anything about marlay pk except on hot press who often get it wrong.

as for the electric picnic, seen a list about amonth ago with New order,massive attack,pet shop boys,Gary Numan,mogwai,all confirmed with morrissey,radiohead and Roger walters all likley.

Back
Top Bottom