Melbourne - Palais Theater (Dec. 4, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Our Frank / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Girlfriend In A Coma / Irish Blood, English Heart / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Let Me Kiss You / Half A Person / Speedway / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm.

Last edited:
Seems that Moz hasn't grasped the fact that if he cancels shows without any notice simply because he doesn't feel like it or doesn't like the venue, people may also stop paying good money to book tickets. If you are selling lots of albums that may not be so important, but when no label will touch you, you refuse to release any material yourself, and you are in danger of becoming your own tribute act by performing Quarry nostalgia nights, that just might be a problem.
THIS ^^

Perhaps it was where we stood, but I'm struggling to understand any gripes about last night. To these ears the show sounded full, loud and joyful. The voice was strong. The band were brought great energy to the songs. New guitarist's use of feedback was a special delight. Can't wait to do it all again tonight.

Perhaps it was where we stood, but I'm struggling to understand any gripes about last night. To these ears the show sounded full, loud and joyful. The voice was strong. The band were brought great energy to the songs. New guitarist's use of feedback was a special delight. Can't wait to do it all again tonight.
Thanks for the positive review. It does wonders for those of us going to the upcoming shows.

Selling himself as 40 years of morrissey.
If that's not a nostalgia cash grab what is.
Near the end of Stop Me, he holds both hands of a woman and keeps twisting and turning them for quite a stretch of time. It’s hilarious as she completely enjoyed it, it was clear.
I agree. And the concert itself was not soulful at all. The acoustics were shoddy and his performance was half assed. I wish I had grabbed a balcony seat because everyone stood, I had to sit down and couldnt see anything when I did. I think he is just doing it for the money atm and minimal effort. Wouldnt go again unless he was touring with the smiths.

Moz was way too funny today! And he addressed the Perth cancellation. Had a long rant about the venue, and their homepage, or something to that effect. He said: they listed POP bla bla bla. ROCK bla bla bla. (Fill inn artist) POP bla bla bla. (Fill in artist) NOSTALGIA - MORRISSEY.

That was the straw that broke the camel’s back 😀. Viva Moz!
I'm pleased Melb folk (mostly) enjoyed the show. YET he cancelled Perth essentially because of the way his own promoters promoted the show. What an insult to fans who paid for tickets (no refund yet) and organised their lives to attend a show at venue chosen by Moz and management. Moz played at the same venue previously (and it's got great acoustics) so it shouldn't have been an issue suddenly emerging 8 hours before. Moz might find it all so very funny, others might too, but the joke isn't funny to loyal fans who travelled and prepared for a show - suddenly cancelled because of some diva BS.

Just FYI - this is how the (sold-out 2000 people) gig was promoted on the venue's website:

Morrissey is widely regarded as one of the most influential figures in British pop, as well as one of the greatest lyricists of his generation. This December, he will bring his "40 Years of Morrissey" tour to Australia and New Zealand, highlighting the fan-favourite songs that made you cry and the songs that saved your life, spanning from the early days of The Smiths through to today.

Morrissey’s influence and music legacy are irrefutable. As lead singer of The Smiths, he marked forever the history of music and launched a rich catalogue of songs including anthems “This Charming Man,” “How Soon Is Now?,” “There Is A Light That Never Goes Out,” and many more.

As a soloist he has consolidated a sound that still reverberates today with his forthcoming album Without Music The World Dies.

This tour will be a celebration of songs that have resonated with fans worldwide for 40 years.

Is one to understand that Perth was kicked in the nuts because they labelled him ‘nostalgia’?
It's seriously just a crack on the head for Perth fans - and BS. Nothing in the promo material said 'nostalgia' and it's his fckn promoters who get to choose how they promote regardless. Why f*** over fans because of little words? Diva.

Just for the record, as I saw it with my own eyes, prior to selling out - what he's referring to is:

Screenshot_20231205-013141.png

This is from the Perth website via wayback.
When tickets were available, he had a heading of 'nostalgia' like the event below it. I don't recall any other headings as I wasn't paying close attention. Wayback hasn't captured it unfortunately.
FWD.

Some straws are heavier than others?

Edit : I’d like to hear exactly what he said, anyone know when he said it and has a clip?

Btw…. I do think it’s infantile if that was indeed the reason for canceling.
See above.
FWD.

Nostalgia comments.

What a load of BS - there was nothing like that on the venue site. And who cares anyway? Surely it's Moz's OWN promoters who decide how his show is promoted. What might have been just ok is a real reason and sorry for f***ing things over for 2000 fans 8 hours before a gig, not because of the (non)-use of the word NOSTALGIA' on the venue site. Moz seems so far up himself it must be hard to breathe sometimes.

What a load of BS - there was nothing like that on the venue site. And who cares anyway? Surely it's Moz's OWN promoters who decide how his show is promoted. What might have been just ok is a real reason and sorry for f***ing things over for 2000 fans 8 hours before a gig, not because of the (non)-use of the word NOSTALGIA' on the venue site. Moz seems so far up himself it must be hard to breathe sometimes.
See post #177.
The word was used and is currently used by their site for various artists lined up to play.
Not sure his "promoters" via Live Nation would have any control over that. Judging the rights & wrongs of his behaviour isn't really any part of sharing information on my part.
FWD.

He isn't even a nostalgia act anymore, he is just over. Only his diehards care about him and he can't get an album released. He should be happy to be called a nostalgia act when he really is a has-been. He abuses his sycophants and they love it, that's all he has going for him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom