Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY IN CONCERT" - U.K. & Ireland Dates & Venues (June 12, 2022)

Billy_Halop_Raw_4_i4brr1.png

MORRISSEY IN CONCERT

Saturday 24 September
KILLARNEY Gleneagles INEC Arena (Ireland)

Wednesday 28 September
BLACKPOOL Opera House

Friday 30 September
DONCASTER Dome

Sunday 2 October
GLASGOW SEC Armadillo

Tuesday 4 October
MANCHESTER Apollo

Wednesday 5 October
BIRMINGHAM 02 Academy

Friday 7 October
STOCKTON Globe

Sunday 9 October
LONDON Coliseum

Tuesday 11 October
LONDON Brixton Academy

Friday 14 October
BRIGHTON Center

0_copy_15_pkmocc.jpg

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
This ticket sales thing is just daft. So what we get black curtains at arenas, or certainly we usually get black curtains. Unless the tour or specific dates got scrapped because of low sales, I couldn’t personally care. As long as I’m there, spectator numbers is irrelevant.

This ticket sales thing is just daft. So what we get black curtains at arenas, or certainly we usually get black curtains. Unless the tour or specific dates got scrapped because of low sales, I couldn’t personally care. As long as I’m there, spectator numbers is irrelevant.
It was a mistake M was getting sucked into all that Oasis " we sell this" hype Suddenly he announced how big a crowd was he played to on a live release,
until then he used to just get on with things.
All this big venue stuff, he rarely ever pulled that off. Also he can still play to large crowds at festivals - cruel world anyone? or in South America. M is always better in smaller venues anyway.

Why people insist on talking about how shit he is now, or how much he doesn't sell. Its just boring
If you don't like him, get your jacket and off you f*** .
You don't have to come here.
I mean, yes ts important not to just agree with him and be one of those idiot fans who trust everything he says, when he is known for Porky pies. we should say "Look fell you f***ed up " . but this constant taking joy in his failures is pathetic

Last edited:
Funny, as he played Brixton, throughout his career. When he aired art hounds he was at Brixton
When he was at the peak of his solo popularity in the UK , around Quarry and Ringleader he played Brighton Center.
The Smiths often played venues like Brixton. The fact is, he has his moments where he wows the masses, but they are mere moments.
Mostly his fan base has always been quite small in some ways but yes he has lost fans
In the scheme of things, his legend will survive passing fashion
if you were in the UK in the 90s, you must have seen M was hated then?
He has mostly been disliked and hated, even around 30% of the smiths fans couldn't stand him
I think some of this is due to odd jealousy he creates within people, which is why his own fan base get erections at the site of his falling sales figures. They love him buy they will not attened gigs etc be horrid to him, its there way of gaining power back,
M isn't stupid, he knows all he can do is carry on
I'm talking about all the concerts he plays in London on any given tour - yes, he's played Brixton loads over the years. On the 2018 tour he played Brixton Academy, Albert Hall, Alexandra Palace and the Palladium all within the space of a few days which makes well over 20,000. In most of the UK tours in previous years he's played to similar size crowds in London.
The drop in popularity post early 2018 really has been unprecedented for him and probably any other act in history, and was nothing to do with passing fashion. Yes, there have always been people who hated him (Daily Mail readers, royalists, vegetarian haters etc.) but the core fanbase always more-or-less stuck by him. Then he urged them to vote for the far right and huge chunks of them decided instead to vote with their feet.
But all is not lost. He will sell out most of these London tickets and he still has a decent (if much-reduced) fanbase, and indeed he always will. My hunch is that Radio 2 will play his new stuff again, which will help a lot in getting a deal, but the indie stations probably won't go anywhere near him.
An album is ready to go - it sounds like a second one might be close to completion. He still looks and sounds great and is obviously super keen to put out new stuff. So, many grounds for optimism and we should make the most of these times. He may not be alive in 5 to 10 years time as indeed many of us may not. I don't want to spread bad vibes round here (Dog on a Chain is a great album) but I'm afraid I do like to point out the reality of his predicament as many people remain deluded. It can easily be resolved.

Last edited:
I'm sure I paid around 70 quid for standing tickets for Brixton and Ally Pally in 2018. That was pretty outrageous and I'll be holding off booking any transport/accomodation until prices are announced

I'm talking about all the concerts he plays in London on any given tour - yes, he's played Brixton loads over the years. On the 2018 tour he played Brixton Academy, Albert Hall, Alexandra Palace and the Palladium all within the space of a few days which makes well over 20,000. In most of the UK tours in previous years he's played to similar size crowds in London.
The drop in popularity post early 2018 really has been unprecedented for him and probably any other act in history, and was nothing to do with passing fashion. Yes, there have always been people who hated him (Daily Mail readers, royalists, vegetarian haters etc.) but the core fanbase always more-or-less stuck by him. Then he urged them to vote for the far right and huge chunks of them decided instead to vote with their feet.
But all is not lost. He will sell out most of these London tickets and he still has a decent (if much-reduced) fanbase, and indeed he always will. My hunch is that Radio 2 will play his new stuff again, which will help a lot in getting a deal, but the indie stations probably won't go anywhere near him.
An album is ready to go - it sounds like a second one might be close to completion. He still looks and sounds great and is obviously super keen to put out new stuff. So, many grounds for optimism and we should make the most of these times. He may not be alive in 5 to 10 years time as indeed many of us may not. I don't want to spread bad vibes round here (Dog on a Chain is a great album) but I'm afraid I do like to point out the reality of his predicament as many people remain utterly deluded. It can easily be resolved.
Yes but that was him being perverse and he rarely plays more than three venues in London on one spin
Its usually three in London max and not big venues either. Back in the day, he used to take joy in going off the beaten track quirky small venues, in out the way British towns.

Anyway, I'm sure there is some truth in your point. Frankly, my dear, I don't give a shit.

We aren't all morons, we do know M has lost a small town's worth of his fan base in every single country. Including in LA (yes I know that's not a country)
He knows that. Its annoying as it's stopping an lp from coming out but beyond that, I just don't care. I love him that's enough. I don't need his name in the Rock N Roll hall of fame.
I think your opinion of how popular he was is, let's say myopic

In the 90s he was HATED, M fans were at times attacked. Corner Ship had a poke People mocked him on stage , the Wonder Stuff guy for one. Vic Reeves stitched him up on national TV
He would play small venues and thats it , he never played arena shows here, or rarely

By the time of maladjusted, he had no deal. You rarely heard a nice word about him
But, he knew he had time on his side and he sat it out and waited and after 4 or 5 years , fashion changed and people forgot why they disliked him or more to the point, why they thought they didn't like him .
Quarry comes out and he was more popular than ever, then Russell Brand elbowed some love his way but all over it's been a rocky road. He looked like he was gonna turn it around when he had BMI on his side but being a certain kind of Brit, warped and perverse he decided to wind people up .
Forgetting, not everyone gets his idea of amusing. I have said lots of times M has made mistakes, I have said a number of times how his fan base has shrunk and also , that it was rarely as big as some think.
So Im not sure what you are saying. My general point is, that maybe he can still turn this around
what is yours that he can not?

Yes but that was him being perverse and he rarely plays more than three venues in London on one spin
Its usually three in London max and not big venues either. Back in the day, he used to take joy in going off the beaten track quirky small venues, in out the way British towns.

Anyway, I'm sure there is some truth in your point. Frankly, my dear, I don't give a shit.

We aren't all morons, we do know M has lost a small town's worth of his fan base in every single country. Including in LA (yes I know that's not a country)
He knows that. Its annoying as it's stopping an lp from coming out but beyond that, I just don't care. I love him that's enough. I don't need his name in the Rock N Roll hall of fame.
I think your opinion of how popular he was is, let's say myopic

In the 90s he was HATED, M fans were at times attacked. Corner Ship had a poke People mocked him on stage , the Wonder Stuff guy for one. Vic Reeves stitched him up on national TV
He would play small venues and thats it , he never played arena shows here, or rarely

By the time of maladjusted, he had no deal. You rarely heard a nice word about him
But, he knew he had time on his side and he sat it out and waited and after 4 or 5 years , fashion changed and people forgot why they disliked him or more to the point, why they thought they didn't like him .
Quarry comes out and he was more popular than ever, then Russell Brand elbowed some love his way but all over it's been a rocky road. He looked like he was gonna turn it around when he had BMI on his side but being a certain kind of Brit, warped and perverse he decided to wind people up .
Forgetting, not everyone gets his idea of amusing. I have said lots of times M has made mistakes, I have said a number of times how his fan base has shrunk and also , that it was rarely as big as some think.
So Im not sure what you are saying. My general point is, that maybe he can still turn this around
what is yours that he can not?

My first point was that he will probably sell most of the tickets for the London venues - you were worried that he wouldn't. It's only 7,000 seats and pre-mass fan collapse he would sell 20,000 in London even as recently as 2018.
My second point is that although his popularity has waxed and waned over the years, since actively endorsing the far right, he has become highly toxic to many thousands of people who stuck with him through to the late 2010s. UK radio will now no longer play his new songs either for the first time in his solo career. Even in the Maladjusted era, he was getting A-listed on national radio.
My third point is that despite a shrivelled fanbase, it is no smaller than that of Sting, Billy Bragg, Damon Albarn, James, Flaming Lips and many other similar acts who still manage to put out albums. The trouble is, he's used to being offered a deal that assumes sales of 50,000 but he can no longer count on sales of much more than 5,000.
So, yes he can still tour to a decent if much reduced audience (as acknowledged by the venues he's playing in London) and he can release new albums, as long as he realises his commercial clout is massively reduced. If that equates to 'turning this around' then yes he certainly can.

It was a mistake M was getting sucked into all that Oasis " we sell this" hype Suddenly he announced how big a crowd was he played to on a live release,
until then he used to just get on with things.
All this big vendue stuff, he rarely ever pulled that off. Also he can still play to large crowds at festivals - cruel world anyone? or in South America. M is always better in smaller venues anyway.

Why people insist on talking about how shit he is now, or how much he doesn't sell. Its just boring
If you don't like him, get your jacket and off you f*** .
You don't have to come here.
I mean, yes ts important not to just agree with him and be one of those idiot fans who trust everything he says, when he is known for Porky pies. we should say "Look fell you f***ed up " . but this constant taking joy in his failures is pathetic

Cruel World was a small festival, 25,000 people max each night. And of course, not everyone was there to see him.

My first point was that he will probably sell most of the tickets for the London venues - you were worried that he wouldn't. It's only 7,000 seats and pre-mass fan collapse he would sell 20,000 in London even as recently as 2018.
My second point is that although his popularity has waxed and waned over the years, since actively endorsing the far right, he has become highly toxic to many thousands of people who stuck with him through to the late 2010s. UK radio will now no longer play his new songs either for the first time in his solo career. Even in the Maladjusted era, he was getting A-listed on national radio.
My third point is that despite a shrivelled fanbase, it is no smaller than that of Sting, Billy Bragg, Damon Albarn, James, Flaming Lips and many other similar acts who still manage to put out albums. The trouble is, he's used to being offered a deal that assumes sales of 50,000 but he can no longer count on sales of much more than 5,000.
So, yes he can still tour to a decent if much reduced audience (as acknowledged by the venues he's playing in London) and he can release new albums, as long as he realises his commercial clout is massively reduced. If that equates to 'turning this around' then yes he certainly can.
who was the bitchy person who said they didnt like him?

By the way, thank you for keeping it civil.
I think really we basically are in agreement. Id still like to know the person who said they were friends but now aren't
it was Lloyd Cole was it? He often comes out with those stories .

The drop in popularity post early 2018 really has been unprecedented probably any other act in history He may not be alive in 5 to 10 years time as indeed many of us may not.
No one should worry for such things, enjoy the present time is the best thing to do.
Filling a 3,000 seat theater in a small towns is still a great success. Morrissey likes adulation, singing is his drug, he'll be in front of an audience until the last drip.

Keep in mind that Frank Sinatra and Charles Aznavour are his models. Aznavour gave concerts until 90 years old or something and he still had something intriguing and powerful to offer.

Future is a long road.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom