Morrissey sighting: Macclesfield - February 11, 2022

Macclesfield yesterday with Johnny Lord (from Facebook). So, not in LA! OK let's see if I can post this image.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be most terrified of bumping into Moz in the pub loos. I wouldn't know where to look. :oops:

Has anyone here met Morrissey? Know anyone who has? I was told a story by someone who said they met him and it turned up in Autobiography and it was a bit different, probably the actual story.

Who honestly cares about the ratings system?
If you think you don't get enough 'thumbs up' from the usual suspects, maybe you could try not posting ignorant claptrap about other countries.
:crazy::rolleyes::ahhh::drama::unsure:

Nice to see Moz enjoying a few Coors, out and about, and enjoying himself ...

Glad he's off the pints of vodka these days - that really didn't sound too healthy.

According to the chap who met him, Morrissey was there with his nephew and a mate
How often did you see him with real friends, who were not from his own band and not from the music industry or show business?
Rent a chap in the area around Macclesfield?

How often did you see him with real friends, who were not from his own band and not from the music industry or show business?

he may have a few old friends that he chooses not to be seen in pubs with, to protect their privacy(?) He probably doesn’t have many friends in Manchester, or anyone there he can still trust.

It's probably the same for a lot of famous people. Once you're a millionaire... beyond your parents and maybe your childhood friends, how do you know who to trust & who is just on the gravy train?

It's probably the same for a lot of famous people. Once you're a millionaire... beyond your parents and maybe your childhood friends, how do you know who to trust & who is just on the gravy train?
To me it seems like the people Morrissey is close to fall into three categories:

1) His relatives
2) Friends from pre Smiths days who have stuck by him over the years (Linder, James Maker etc)
3) Other rich and famous people (Chrissie Hynde, Noel Gallagher etc) who have no superficial reason to be mates with him, and therefore genuinely like him.

So I think there's a lot of truth to what you're saying.

Yes, well as we know he spends loads of time in the UK
Even when he was meant to have lived in LA, he spent most of his time in the UK- I reckon that was more about tax, businesses, building a myth, and a busman holiday. Load of us in Moanchester used to see about, all the time.

I was well jelly when my man Ally M moved out to LA, by all accounts he's been a prisoner there for 7 years Desperate to get back to the UK. He hasn't been able to leave. Poor twat.

Seems to me its all fun and games for a few years, then the place gets old fast The people are clueless.
I hope the moz is ok He's a good soul

Yes I have but I'm pretty sure it's not in Autobiography.
Was it fun?
The person in Autobiography was Dave Wakeling, my husband and I used to know him some years ago and I did some social media work for him. Got to know him quite well, past tense, thankfully. Dave's story was very elaborate, I didn't really believe it when I heard it. Morrissey's version is something like Dave Wakeling showed up at his how, no idea why, didn't know who DW was and then he left or something. Wakeling's version is they had a friend in common, he went over, Morrissey said weird stuff, they went swimming together. Morrrissey has a round room in which floor to ceiling length pictures of he and Oscar Wilde alternately adorn the walls. Also, DW said they met up for drinks another time, with a friend of DW's.

Was it fun?
The person in Autobiography was Dave Wakeling, my husband and I used to know him some years ago and I did some social media work for him. Got to know him quite well, past tense, thankfully. Dave's story was very elaborate, I didn't really believe it when I heard it. Morrissey's version is something like Dave Wakeling showed up at his how, no idea why, didn't know who DW was and then he left or something. Wakeling's version is they had a friend in common, he went over, Morrissey said weird stuff, they went swimming together. Morrrissey has a round room in which floor to ceiling length pictures of he and Oscar Wilde alternately adorn the walls. Also, DW said they met up for drinks another time, with a friend of DW's.
Yeah, mine's not as interesting as that.

I live not far away from him, share the same law firm as Moz and have seen him 'around' quite a bit.

The longest I've spent with him was at his house (mum's house) in Bowdon where we discussed Lancashire, Tony Wilson, Tony the Pony and mums. That was many many years ago.

The most shocking/sensational thing I can report is that he had elastoplasts across both writs that day, covered by his shirt sleeves. I assume he burnt himself on a baking tray, but who knows? I didn't ask.

Yeah, mine's not as interesting as that.

I live not far away from him, share the same law firm as Moz and have seen him 'around' quite a bit.

The longest I've spent with him was at his house (mum's house) in Bowdon where we discussed Lancashire, Tony Wilson, Tony the Pony and mums. That was many many years ago.

The most shocking/sensational thing I can report is that he had elastoplasts across both writs that day, covered by his shirt sleeves. I assume he burnt himself on a baking tray, but who knows? I didn't ask.
I think your story is much more interesting. Thank you for sharing. I have to say I am a bit jealous, Morrissey is on my short list of people I'd love to sit and chat with.

I think your story is much more interesting. Thank you for sharing. I have to say I am a bit jealous, Morrissey is on my short list of people I'd love to sit and chat with.
The one universally positive thing I can say about all my interactions with the Manchester Moz inner circle back then (late 90s - Moz, Betty, Linder, Jackie etc) is that they were all delightful. Kind, warm, funny, engaging.

I think it really helped that my interactions weren't presented from the context of fawning fandom.

That said, I've hung out with all other members of the Smiths separately at various Manchester events and they've all been sound too, (unlike some of Moz's solo band personnel). The most congenial, controversially, was Mike Joyce. He'll sit and talk to you forever.

Maybe it's because he thinks he's on 25% of what you're making though.

Back
Top Bottom