Morrissey (unseen) passport photos - included in microphone auction by former tour manager Phil Griggs

Morrissey's stage microphone was recently auctioned and included never before seen passport photos.

7d4215ac-b32d-4998-a02e-191bcade85ad.png

Details:
A Shure brand Beta 58A microphone that was stage-used by Morrissey between 2000 and 2005. The microphone is housed in its original Shure microphone case which has a label attached with the word "MOZ" written on it. The microphone was previously owned by Phil Griggs, Morrisey's tour manager and sound engineer. Also included is a passport folder with three passport sized color photos of Morrissey.

491958_l.jpg

491960_xl.jpg

Link here.

Edit:
Re: passport photos:
OP: "I upscaled them with AI."

The first auction has a (possibly) redacted letter - so a bit of provenance, but there's a whole other world of oddities attributed to Morrissey - all of which probably require a bucket of salt and zero money shelled out.

Similar item:
View attachment 100355

With black sharpie candid as proof of silver pen signature:

View attachment 100356

Same place flogging:
View attachment 100357

With 'proof':
View attachment 100358

Which coincidentally, Morrissey then rewrote on a guitar (🙄).
View attachment 100359

Here's some 'proof' for that:
View attachment 100360

All of the above are the tip of the iceberg in relation to dodgy items.
Caveat emptor.
FWD.

Morrissey doesn't write or draw nearly as badly as that.
Look at the differences – he's actually a good drawer.

a64524ed7056b7056820c9fba8021192.jpg

657d2f96fb8e39ebf33ea6d9f080aff1.jpg

EDIT - The third attachment includes a stamp of what's on the cover of Love Zombies by The Monochrome Set.

This is an interesting link to consult which showcases many letters sent by Morrissey : https://illnessasart.com/2020/07/11/words-by-morrissey-pen-pal-letters/

Attachments

• 7a76ff95ab9d900af02c7712f942c9f9.jpg
    7a76ff95ab9d900af02c7712f942c9f9.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
It's clear it's not the eyes. Morrissey's eyes are blue. Neither is his mouth ..... He is a fraud!! Why do they publish something like that? And on top of that, they say I improve it with AI .naaa. It's so obvious it's not Moz!!!!!!Que berretasss

provenance on anything can be challenged,an expert on a programme i watched said 95 percent of aurographs on ebay are fake.something like the tambourine even if it was fake would still be a talking point if you had it hanging on your wall.

I don't think the hairline is historically accurate. That's roughly where it was in 1997, but he had more hair a few years later.

These are never before seen passport photos alright. I dare say Morrissey has never seen them before either, because they are beyond the uncanny valley.

With the enlarged photo with brown eyes I'm torn between "nice very quiet next door neighbour" who would hold the door open for you, but won't say a word and serial killer nobody would've expected ^^

Seriously, I couldn't imagine why anybody would have passport photos of him lying around...strange, they don't seem real. On the other hand, passport photos often look a little bit off compared to normal photos, but certainly not with the wrong eye colour. Maybe he is a spy 😆

Scraping the barrel. This is the kind of junk (possibly not even legit) that should be placed carefully into a plastic bag and dumped in a non-recycle bin.

Back
Top Bottom